Blaudschun: UConn Switching BC Home Game to Fenway? | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Blaudschun: UConn Switching BC Home Game to Fenway?

Reaction Score
Boston:"world class city" as Lil Yachti:Classic Hip Hop
Boston:"world class city" as Checkers:Chess
Boston:"world class city" as Royale w/ cheese:French cuisine
Boston:"world class city" as Trump:Obama

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I get the feeling Yawkey is posting in here? I wouldn't know. I've got him on ignore. It's a wonderful function.
It's like he's a fly and any mention of BC is, well, whatever it is that draws flies.

Reaction Score
Ah, no.

Les wanted to upgrade because he knew the split was coming between the football schools and non-football schools.

Incidentally, to this very day, there is no love lost between Perkins & Blumenthal. Blumenthal was blindsided he told me once when he found out in a court depo that Perkins had secretly contacted the ACC ( Swofford has confirming records of the contact ) to get into the ACC. However, Blumenthal was told diferently he said from Perkins himself when he was putting together the lawsuit. Perkins as you know, then skeedattled 2,000 miles away to leave the AD job at Uconn and take the one out in Kansas. Blumenthal told me he might have taken a diffrent strategy had Perkins been more forthcoming with him. But thats Blumenthals side of the story. Perkins simply said " I won't comment on the lawsuit " to me.

Reaction Score
Boston:"world class city" as Lil Yachti:Classic Hip Hop
Boston:"world class city" as Checkers:Chess
Boston:"world class city" as Royale w/ cheese:French cuisine
Boston:"world class city" as Trump:Obama
Huh ? Lets not get started on any comparison between Boston and Hartford, ok ? Just don't go there. Its a non starter, ok ? Forget your initiating insults on the City of Boston, as you do not enter such comparisons advantageously, in the least. Not when you play your home football games.... all of them.... off campus.. in Hartford, CT. Both Hartford and Boston are both fine cities, and lets just leave it at that, fair enough ?

Reaction Score
Not when you play your home football games.... all of them.... off campus.. in Hartford, CT.

Diaco Madon.jpg

Reaction Score
Ah, no.

Les wanted to upgrade because he knew the split was coming between the football schools and non-football schools.
hmnnn... I don't know about this. The lawsuit seemed to imply that Uconn upgraded their football program with ( according to Uconn ) assurances from Miami, Syracuse, BC that they they were committed to the BE. These schools say they never gave Uconn that impression, but Uconn , from their position, seemed to imply that they had such assurance. Ergo, the motivation behind the lawsuit that these 3 schools ( others to follow ) were fraudulent in their intentions in the BE as it related to Uconn.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Huh ? Lets not get started on any comparison between Boston and Hartford, ok ? Just don't go there. Its a non starter, ok ? Forget your initiating insults on the City of Boston, as you do not enter such comparisons advantageously, in the least. Not when you play your home football games.... all of them.... off campus.. in Hartford, CT. Both Hartford and Boston are both fine cities, and lets just leave it at that, fair enough ?

He said world class I assume he isn't talking about Hartford in his comparison...Someone is sensitive about Boston huh...

Reaction Score

Isn't this thread about UCONN playing a home football game in Boston?

Reaction Score
Incidentally, to this very day, there is no love lost between Perkins & Blumenthal. Blumenthal was blindsided he told me once when he found out in a court depo that Perkins had secretly contacted the ACC ( Swofford has confirming records of the contact ) to get into the ACC. However, Blumenthal was told diferently he said from Perkins himself when he was putting together the lawsuit. Perkins as you know, then skeedattled 2,000 miles away to leave the AD job at Uconn and take the one out in Kansas. Blumenthal told me he might have taken a diffrent strategy had Perkins been more forthcoming with him. But thats Blumenthals side of the story. Perkins simply said " I won't comment on the lawsuit " to me.

Yes. Because lawyers of Dick Blumenthal's level ignore client-lawyer confidentiality and just tell people bad things about their clients all the time.

You are normally more credible than this.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The premise that UConn and the state of Connecticut has spent millions of dollars on upgrading football with the driving force being able to compete with BC is asinine even for our visitor's standards.

UConn upgraded to hopefully be on the right side of a split (wrong side now, obviously) and to compete at the BCS level with regional peers. Citing solely BC is so dumb.

Reaction Score
hmnnn... I don't know about this. The lawsuit seemed to imply that Uconn upgraded their football program with ( according to Uconn ) assurances from Miami, Syracuse, BC that they they were committed to the BE. These schools say they never gave Uconn that impression, but Uconn , from their position, seemed to imply that they had such assurance. Ergo, the motivation behind the lawsuit that these 3 schools ( others to follow ) were fraudulent in their intentions in the BE as it related to Uconn.

That makes no sense. The lawsuits was years after UConn committed to upgrade. Your counter argument has absolutely zero to do with the argument you responded to.

Reaction Score
That makes no sense. The lawsuits was years after UConn committed to upgrade. Your counter argument has absolutely zero to do with the argument you responded to.
Of course it does BL..it's Yawkey spewing his nonsense on here again..LOL

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I have a dream. Some day the northeast becomes a force to reckon with on the national scene and UConn is the major player in that equation. And when that time comes Yankee Stadium and Gillette Stadium both want a game from UConn every year. They bid up the numbers such that the monies gained from the buyout bowl are pitifully lower in comparison.

And when that time comes we look back at this moment in time as a pivotal moment in that dream.

As fans the only choice we have now is to continue to support the program or finally capitulate. Hopefully after suffering six long seasons we can hang on for a few more years. I plan on doing it and I'm sure the majority of you, posters who I know are far more passionate about UConn football than I am, will continue as well.

Randy Edsall believes it can happen. Rhett Lashlee believes it can happen. They've ponied up a lot more money making their recent commitments than most of us will ever pony up. Time for this resentment and anger to end. Time for us to get excited again about the recent changes.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
[
We've suddenly become Rice.

Not really. Uconn football on the whole is better than Rice, imo. However, Uconn is in no position to rag on Rice when we are talking scheduling here, as Rice had Baylor on their schedule last season, and the last football game Rice played was against Stanford this season. Uconn could have had BC play in Hartford next November, but would have received far less money . Plus, look on the bright side, in the unlikely event that Uconn becomes more competitive with BC next November, and should actually pull off the upset they could legitimately claim they " beat BC in their home state ". Given where Uconn is right now with finances, the notion that a few Uconn fans would scoff at this negotiated deal.. and opportunity, is rather perplexing. That said, the Uconn Admin is fully excited for this payday and opportunity to redeem last season's blowout, shutout too. Uconn football can not be expected to keep getting shot after shot to be competitive, then actually beat BC in football, and yet not deliver on that given opportunity. Most Uconn football fans are as excited about this BC game at Fenway Park as the Uconn Admin. is, and as they should be... I think they have it about right too.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't referring to Rice in terms of the respective quality of the two programs, I was talking about how they're forced to gallivant all over the country in their early season schedule to play one and no return payday cash games. That's the only reason they play UT, Baylor, A&M and the other big boys in their neighborhood, as well as Michigan, etc. nationally. Pay check games for them with no return engagement, although sometimes UT will give them a return game at NRG Stadium for the right price.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
This is absurd. I'm not one of the BC haters here, but one short year ago, UConn went to a bowl game and BC was one of the worst teams in all of FBS. They set the bar for futility in conference games. UConn in 2015 would wipe the floor with the dirty dishrag that was BC football. So your "high horse" is about an inch off the ground. It might be time to step down. Next year, there is no reason to expect that BC will be any better than UConn. We do not acknowledge or accept in any way shape or form the "superiority" of BC football. I am glad to see us playing again because we should be regional rivals. But those games must be either all neutral site or home and home. I would never accept a skewed arrangement with BC, as I might with say, Alabama.

Now, my take on the game has changed. Given that it is clearly a UConn home game, and we get the money and BC gets nothing, and we get most of the tickets, my current take is that the state of BC football in Boston is so bad, that UConn can play a home game on their turf.

How is it possible that the Beagles get absolutely nothing? The home team always pays the visitors something. If the game were played at PAWS-ARF we would have had to pay them something. Has anybody factored that into this supposed huge windfall profit we think we're going to make on this game?

Reaction Score
How is it possible that the Beagles get absolutely nothing? The home team always pays the visitors something. If the game were played at PAWS-ARF we would have had to pay them something. Has anybody factored that into this supposed huge windfall profit we think we're going to make on this game?

They got theirs already. It was the game at their place. UCONN got nothing for that game.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Are you kidding ? Uconn's whole quest in upgrading their football program was to someday replace BC as the dominent college football program in all of New England... and once having attained that benchmark, to outrecruit BC in football, solidify that superior position in Football in N.E., and then branch out from there on the East Coast. Uconn has never beaten BC in football... ever. If Uconn was ever to beat BC in football, it would be a watershed moment for the football program, particularly as it relates to BC, that on the whole has dominated N.E. College football for half a century now. I don't even think the majority of Uconn football fans share your view that beating BC in football at some future day would " not generate plaudits ". Of course it would.

LMAO! - you "...dominated N.E. College football for half a century now" only because there were no other DIA schools in New England for most of that entire time period. Since 2002 (14 years) you've "dominated" against two other DIA schools in New England, one of which (UMASS) only for the past few seasons, and for the other 36 years you "dominated" because there were no other New England schools in your DIA class. You must be so proud!

Reaction Score
Yes. Because lawyers of Dick Blumenthal's level ignore client-lawyer confidentiality and just tell people bad things about their clients all the time.

You are normally more credible than this.
D. Blumenthal did not have a a " client- lawyer " relationship with Perkins, as Perkins had already left for Kansas, the lawsuit was settled by this time, and so Blumenthal felt free to tell me his thoughts. Blumenthal is often criticised, with BC folks for certain, but even within the Uconn fan base for his lawsuit. I can only tell you that from his perspective he acted upon the info he had at the time, and it appears that he found out some things at the deposition and discovery phases, that he wished he knew earlier, as he may have taken a different strategy course. But D. Blumenthal did not violate any client- attorney confidentiality. Dick Blumenthal is smart, saavy, ethical ( imo ) and would not do such a thing. I do not know the man really all that well to say this with 100% certainty, but I do know a few people that have worked with him, including a handful of attorneys, that do know him well. He is political, ( often heard criticism in some quarters with him ) but he protects client confidentiality at all costs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There could be a real concern with the FP field. Brown, Dartmouth play on 11-10, UMass Maine on 11-11 and BC UCONN on 11-18. That is three games at Fenway in 9 days.
Good observation.. and was noted by a few other people off this board as well incidentally.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Are you kidding ? Uconn's whole quest in upgrading their football program was to someday replace BC as the dominent college football program in all of New England... and once having attained that benchmark, to outrecruit BC in football, solidify that superior position in Football in N.E., and then branch out from there on the East Coast. Uconn has never beaten BC in football... ever. If Uconn was ever to beat BC in football, it would be a watershed moment for the football program, particularly as it relates to BC, that on the whole has dominated N.E. College football for half a century now. I don't even think the majority of Uconn football fans share your view that beating BC in football at some future day would " not generate plaudits ". Of course it would.

Dominated New England football as the only school playing D1 until UConn upgraded. That's pretty much a trophy for participation if I've ever seen one. And yes you won a few games head to head against that brand new D1 team. The pride you must feel.

Reaction Score
Dominated New England football as the only school playing D1 until UConn upgraded. That's pretty much a trophy for participation if I've ever seen one. And yes you won a few games head to head against that brand new D1 team. The pride you must feel.
I don't feel " much pride " about beating Uconn all the time. I really don't. I only get a kick out of beating the Eye Rash. Nothing compares to beating those arrogant prix for me. Most of my family, alum friends just want to see Uconn play BC in a close game these days now, and go from there. I'm on board with that sentiment. Last years shut out rout of Uconn did not even generate a polite golf clap at Alumni among most BC fans in attendance. No juice in the stands at the game at all. Uconn fans at the game will confirm this for you too. BC fans gets no " pride " infusion from beating a team at the bottom of the AAC these days. Me neither. I want to see competitive games... close games.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom