Blaudschun: UConn Switching BC Home Game to Fenway? | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Blaudschun: UConn Switching BC Home Game to Fenway?

Reaction Score
Maybe he expressed his remarks more candidly when we met, knowing your antipathy toward BC, and did not share what he told me, with you. Thats possible. The lawsuit by Blumenthal, )whom I also met at a wedding reception in CT and spoke with also on this), also demonstrates quite clearly Uconn's concerns with getting to the level of BC as a major, major driving force for Uconn football's goal and what drove them.

So what you're saying is you know everything, everyone, and what? Lived everywhere, as well? We get it, you think you're better than everyone who posts on this board and we should be apologizing 24/7 for daring to breathe the same air as you.

Reaction Score
Huh ? Lets not get started on any comparison between Boston and Hartford, ok ? Just don't go there. Its a non starter, ok ? Forget your initiating insults on the City of Boston, as you do not enter such comparisons advantageously, in the least. Not when you play your home football games.... all of them.... off campus.. in Hartford, CT. Both Hartford and Boston are both fine cities, and lets just leave it at that, fair enough ?

Especially since your arrogant, condescending behind lives in Florida.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So what you're saying is you know everything, everyone, and what? Lived everywhere, as well? We get it, you think you're better than everyone who posts on this board and we should be apologizing 24/7 for daring to breathe the same air as you.

Old money elitists. All BC fans are like that. I've seen the comments sections of some BC Interruption articles, they think public school graduates are literal animals.

Reaction Score
D. Blumenthal did not have a a " client- lawyer " relationship with Perkins, as Perkins had already left for Kansas, the lawsuit was settled by this time, and so Blumenthal felt free to tell me his thoughts. Blumenthal is often criticised, with BC folks for certain, but even within the Uconn fan base for his lawsuit. I can only tell you that from his perspective he acted upon the info he had at the time, and it appears that he found out some things at the deposition and discovery phases, that he wished he knew earlier, as he may have taken a different strategy course. But D. Blumenthal did not violate any client- attorney confidentiality. Dick Blumenthal is smart, saavy, ethical ( imo ) and would not do such a thing. I do not know the man really all that well to say this with 100% certainty, but I do know a few people that have worked with him, including a handful of attorneys, that do know him well. He is political, ( often heard criticism in some quarters with him ) but he protects client confidentiality at all costs.

This post and all the words contained within is a big steaming pile of monkey crap!

Reaction Score
Old money elitists. All BC fans are like that. I've seen the comments sections of some BC Interruption articles, they think public school graduates are literal animals.
Fan message boards are not where to go to find the typical fans of either BC or Uconn, imo. I really don't know too many BC fans and alums that act like too many of the imbeciles on BC 's fan message boards... plus, I know for a fact a few if them pose as BC alums/ fans there, but are in fact alums and fans of other schools, but post there. Also, to be honest, I know far more Uconn football fans/ alums that are much more civil to me than what I sometimes encounter on here. Fan message boards should not be where you draw your primary impressions of a school's fan base, alum base, imo. The best football fans I've met in away games believe it or not, are in the south. I know thats hard to believe, but thats been my experience the last 50 years of following BC football, anyway. Very hospitable, gracious, most of 'em... even in defeat. ( WVU, the exception )

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No.. I don't presume to know everything, everyone, etc..Thats a misreading of my comments on this thread.

Actually that is an accurate reading of your posts. I mean, you claim to know and have talked to Lew Perkins and Richard Blumenthal. That takes care of the everything. you rabidly defend Boston despite not living there, so that checks off the "I've lived everywhere" box. You posting as if you know everything is speculation on my part.

Reaction Score
Especially since your arrogant, condescending behind lives in Florida.
And the problem for you that I live in retirement in Florida ( or anyplace else for that matter ) is what again ?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
For real guys. If he isn't going to be banned, just ignore Yawkey, and the board is vastly improved.

Reaction Score
Actually that is an accurate reading of your posts. I mean, you claim to know and have talked to Lew Perkins and Richard Blumenthal. .
Ok... I'll take a break from posting here for awhile, as its clear now, that a few posters are not reading my posts properly it would appear ( I clearly stated above how much I knew Blumenthal, ie " not much " and said as much in my post above). I did speak to them very briefly at separate social gatherings however and relayed my ever so brief conversations with them as a criticism of me as to " what world do I live in "... I made no comments to any intended impressions that I know these people well. Thats a misread of my relationships to either of them, and what I actually said above. ) But I can see things can get a bit testy, so I 'll back off, and leave the board to allow the quarrel and / or discussion among Uconn fans themselves if this game with BC November at Fenway is a good negotiated deal for Uconn or not. Take care Uconn fans.

Last edited:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
And now back to the game at Fenway:

Herbst vision has always been a Boston to New York reach. The conference realignment sale was we bring NY, CT and Mass up to Boston. Lots of eyeballs. A home game in Boston with good attendance gets into the presentation. This is all part of the master plan.

Reaction Score
Ok... I'll take a break from posting here for awhile, as its clear now, that a few posters are not reading my posts properly it would appear ( I clearly stated above how much I knew Blumenthal, ie " not much " and said as much in my post above). I did speak to them very briefly at separate social gatherings however and relayed my ever so brief conversations with them as a criticism of me as to " what world do I live in "... I made no comments to any intended impressions that I know these people well. Thats a misread of my relationships to either of them, and what I actually said above. ) But I can see things can get a bit testy, so I 'll back off, and leave the board to allow the quarrel and / or discussion among Uconn fans themselves if this game with BC November at Fenway is a good negotiated deal for Uconn or not. Take care Uconn fans.
Ahhh and in a wee bit of Irish kindness, I say please don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out! :D

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
OK, I get that this decision was forced on us financially, thanks to the incredible stupidity of our school and athletic administration in giving Diablo a contract extension worthy of Lombardi, but it has the potential to turn into a media disaster.

We get 22,000 of the 39,000 available tickets. BC gets 7,000 and Fenway gets 10,000, so in effect thats 17,000 tickets that BC fans will end up with right from the start.

What's going to happen with our allotment may largely depend on whether or not we're having any kind of success next season. We only have a 17,000 or 18,000 season ticket base as it currently is. Maybe we improve on that or maybe not, but they're not all going to show for this game. Maybe we get up to 10,000 of the hardcore fans. That leaves about 12,000 or more seats from our allotment up for grabs. If we have a losing record going in and the game is meaningless from a bowl qualification standpoint, I see most of those tickets ending up on the open market for BC fans to buy. They'll outnumber us by at least 2 to 1 in that case. Throw in another humiliating blowout loss, and as a practical matter the whole thing turns into a media disaster for us on national TV.

The flip side is we have a winning record going in, mostly sell out our allotment and we get about a 50/50 or better crowd. If we at least give them a game, win or lose, that's about the best I can see it turning out. I suppose the best case scenario for us could be if we have to win the game to become bowl eligible, making it very meaningful to our fanbase.

The other big question mark is the weather. At that time of year, anything is possible weather wise. Bad weather could turn it into a sparsely attended embarrassment.

I have grave doubts about the whole thing, because we get embarrassed again in a high profile game by a garbage program like BC and it just sets our whole program even further back in terms of national perception. I hope that risk is worth the million dollar payday award.

I'd rather see us play in State College. Everybody would expect us to get hammered, so losing by a big score means nothing, and you can get a similar guaranteed paycheck out of it, plus it's not so far that a fair number of our fans can make the trip. Losing big to BC again is nationally devastating.

I hope I'm wrong and it turns out to be a financial and competitive success for us.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
The math has been done, it is a financial success. Competitively, the team is either ready to play or they arent, not sure that the location matters.

Reaction Score
The UConn Huskies playing a home game in downtown Boston. This is a great opportunity to display and solidify "New England's Team."

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Ok... I'll take a break from posting here for awhile, as its clear now, that a few posters are not reading my posts properly...
You arrogant b@$t/-\rd. Of course a bunch of people who support the athletics of a public school can't understand your enlightened perceptions. It must be "us."

Let me clue you in. If more than a few posters aren't "reading your post properly," it's not on the reader. It's the responsibility of the conveyor.

You are fulfilling the stereotypical characterization of a Boston College student/alum/fan.

Reaction Score
You arrogant b@$t/-\rd. Of course a bunch of people who support the athletics of a public school can't understand your enlightened perceptions. It must be "us."

Let me clue you in. If more than a few posters aren't "reading your post properly," it's not on the reader. It's the responsibility of the conveyor.

You are fulfilling the stereotypical characterization of a Boston College student/alum/fan.

There is more truth to that rant than you might initially believe.

Go to a prospective student orientation at BC. It's quite an eye opener.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom