Blaudschun Dig At Susan Herbst | The Boneyard

Blaudschun Dig At Susan Herbst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can those informed enlighten me as to what the negative comment about UConn's President is supposed to mean?

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=7050

"the old Big East, which will officially be re-named the American Athletic Conference on July 1, was making some internal moves that were beyond stupid, which suggests the AAC still has some learning to do.
But then again, with Presidents such as UConn’s Susan Herbst and SMU’s R. Gerald Turner having the loudest voices in AAC commissioner Mike Aresco’s ear, no moves will be made that should be considered surprising.
Again, these are Presidents ,who should not be allowed to play with the toys since they don’t know how they work or really care."

Reaction Score
Kind of weird to say that without backing it up with any information.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If i said this 40 ppl here would all yell at me. Instead everyone here is going go get defensive about this but quiety think to themselves hmm maybe there really are some issues here yhat just arent public.

Uconn is dying. U are all supporting it. Have at it.

Reaction Score
Can those informed enlighten me as to what the negative comment about UConn's President is supposed to mean?

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=7050

"the old Big East, which will officially be re-named the American Athletic Conference on July 1, was making some internal moves that were beyond stupid, which suggests the AAC still has some learning to do.
But then again, with Presidents such as UConn’s Susan Herbst and SMU’s R. Gerald Turner having the loudest voices in AAC commissioner Mike Aresco’s ear, no moves will be made that should be considered surprising.
Again, these are Presidents ,who should not be allowed to play with the toys since they don’t know how they work or really care."

The moves were witnessed by many at the conference meetings. Herbst especially did not impress with her moves:

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Well I know that Herbst is the is the vice chair the AAC and Turner from SMU is the chair, so that's why he mentions them. Not sure what internal issues he is slamming the AAC for, though.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Read the entire blog. He's just an arrogant guy putting down everybody in sight and thinking he knows more about everything than anybody else. I would take Susan's smarts over Blaudschun's smarts any day.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Considering the administration hasn't done anything to benefit our cause to move conferences, the article is quite valid.

Reaction Score
If i said this 40 ppl here would all yell at me. Instead everyone here is going go get defensive about this but quiety think to themselves hmm maybe there really are some issues here yhat just arent public.

People yell at you because you make the same rant over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. And most of the time, your rants have absolutely nothing of value.

This "dying" university you speak of is a few years away from being ranked in the 40s academically. I know that pales in importance to sports (in your eyes), but that's still kinda cool.

Reaction Score
Read the entire blog. He's just an arrogant guy putting down everybody in sight and thinking he knows more about everything than anybody else. I would take Susan's smarts over Blaudschun's smarts any day.

His tone has certainly changed since he wrote for the Boston Globe. I always read him as a straight forward reporter of New England sports, particularly basketball. Maybe to have a successful blog, you need a discernible edge. Or it's just the Jersey in him coming out. Or he's upset over Gandolfini.

Reaction Score
When he has the smarts - and cajones - equal to her, he can comment. Until then, shut up.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
People yell at you because you make the same rant over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. And most of the time, your rants have absolutely nothing of value.

This "dying" university you speak of is a few years away from being ranked in the 40s academically. I know that pales in importance to sports (in your eyes), but that's still kinda cool.

That's fair. Uconn sports is dying. Uconn academics are going great and rising.

You tell me how many of you guys are going to keep coming to this site to talk about the English department and the math test next Friday?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
His tone has certainly changed since he wrote for the Boston Globe. I always read him as a straight forward reporter of New England sports, particularly basketball. Maybe to have a successful blog, you need a discernible edge. Or it's just the Jersey in him coming out. Or he's upset over Gandolfini.
It's called editing. He's on his own with no one checking his stuff for errors. And it's obvious why he never became a columnist, he has nothing interesting to say. Just a lot of hinting around.

pj

Reaction Score
You tell me how many of you guys are going to keep coming to this site to talk about the English department and the math test next Friday?

I'm reserving thegrendelyard.com ("The Grendel Yard") just in case.

And it's going to allow pictures of women English majors in bikinis.

Reaction Score

Your whining is so old bro. What are you trying to accomplish? We all know our conference sucks, but we are taking steps in the right direction. PP was a terrible hire and the past admin sucked. At this point go root for Syracuse since you think they have such a great football program.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Your whining is so old bro. What are you trying to accomplish? We all know our conference sucks, but we are taking steps in the right direction. PP was a terrible hire and the past admin sucked. At this point go root for Syracuse since you think they have such a great football program.

Don't bro me bro.

Bro Cuse sucks. Bro the acc sucks. Well besides UNC, UVA, Clem, FSU, gtech, NCST and vt. The rest of it sucks.

Bro we could have fired p. we didn't bro. So it's open season on uconn once gain not making decisions correctly.

Please tell me one step we have taken to make our conference situation better? Seriously. What have we done? New football coach? Nope. Expand the stadium? Nope. Market better to sell more tickets? Nope. Please tell me....

Reaction Score
Don't bro me bro.

Bro Cuse sucks. Bro the acc sucks. Well besides UNC, UVA, Clem, FSU, gtech, NCST and vt. The rest of it sucks.

Bro we could have fired p. we didn't bro. So it's open season on uconn once gain not making decisions correctly.

Please tell me one step we have taken to make our conference situation better? Seriously. What have we done? New football coach? Nope. Expand the stadium? Nope. Market better to sell more tickets? Nope. Please tell me....

Lol when we are are an AAU member in the next 2 years who are you going to thank? Jeff Hathaway? You think small and I think B1G

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Mark is Gavitt's boy.

He's miffed that his guy is not getting the gig.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Lol when we are are an AAU member in the next 2 years who are you going to thank? Jeff Hathaway? You think small and I think B1G

I'm sorry to inform you of this and I'm very guilty of it. The AAU invite will be in the early 2020s if everything goes smooth. We're not as close as I and others here like to pump all over the internets. That's just a save face thing among Cr talk across boards. We have a long way to go. A lot of money to gain fund wise. There are 5 or 6 schools ahead of us on the list and 2 or 3 of those have upgrading conf eyes just like uconn does. Not to mention the aau doesnt like to grow. And money is tight. It's not happening soon. No matter how much I or oers here defend it and pump it. It's simply keeping us up in the world of Internet chatter and nothing more. It's the whole show a pulse thing. That's why a select couple here like fishy po po it and just straight up tell u guys the b10 is not happening.

That's the real world. Enjoy.

I'm going to moan and carry on because I saw this all coming and wated things different. Then it all happened and everyone here then thinks they know . We continue to stand still and do nothing.

You have yet to tell me what steps we have taken to help get into a athletic conference. The acc does not need AAU status. The b10 doesn't either technically. It's a nice measurement they talk up to feel special and separate themselves from the sec, but its not set in stone. Nebraska plays in the b10. Ge b10 tried to add Norte dame. Fantasy land you live in.

I may be a crazy drunk sob and love to rant and dream leagues up etc. but I actually live in reality and that simply is the leadership here sucks, we have no vision and no balls. End of story.

Now go ahead and try another argument and tell me what a bad guy I am and so on.

And while I'm at it I will beg this board one more time to stop with the paschal threads and arguing. I can fit out and said it in a thread over e winter what the deal was and what was going to happen. Yet everyone here would rather invite a bunch of shoebies over here to talk nonsense.

This board is unreal. Full of idiots, clowns and a couple stern truth tellers that don't want to chat in public any more.

I just want to yell really loud right now

c k

Reaction Score
It was pretty funny actually.
I loved the crack about the semi-catholic nature of the Big East schools.
UConn and SMU presidents calling the AAC shots was a little obtuse.
I wish he expanded on it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Dan, just buy tickets and show up to the damn games.

It's pretty simple, you're either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Buying tickets and going to the games isn't an endorsement for Herbst or Manuel.

It's an investment into Kevin Ollie and the football program that we love.

Bitch all you want but you lose serious credibility when you won't even support the programs when they need you the most.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What's going on at AAC HQ though? Secretaries being laid off?

Well since no one has any reason in the world to talk to Aresco I imagine it's tough for him to keep an assistant bisy...

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
That's fair. Uconn sports is dying. Uconn academics are going great and rising.

So? The U. of Chicago does just fine without a sports board. You can always join the Alabama sports board. Is the purpose of a university to worry about a sports mascot? Based on some of the grammar I've seen on this board, it wouldn't hurt some folks to talk about the English department.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So? The U. of Chicago does just fine without a sports board. You can always join the Alabama sports board. Is the purpose of a university to worry about a sports mascot? Based on some of the grammar I've seen on this board, it wouldn't hurt some folks to talk about the English department.

yea uconn is far away from u of chitown. not sure what your trying to build argument wise. maybe its just good old blue glasses to even strike that pose. uconn can be a top 15 public school. but without sports theres nothing to talk about unless you meet upstater for coffee to talk aau things. the sooner all of you guys get that the better because maybe you will start to wake up. you act like uconn can be yale without sports or the giants and maimi heat with sports. just crazy on both sides and you have no grasp of the mess.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
yea uconn is far away from u of chitown. not sure what your trying to build argument wise. maybe its just good old blue glasses to even strike that pose. uconn can be a top 15 public school. but without sports theres nothing to talk about unless you meet upstater for coffee to talk aau things. the sooner all of you guys get that the better because maybe you will start to wake up. you act like uconn can be yale without sports or the giants and maimi heat with sports. just crazy on both sides and you have no grasp of the mess.

You think it's a mess because you think it is so important. UConn doesn't have to be U of Chi or Yale. UConn actually has sports last I looked. I don't like the new league, but seeing it as a mess is way overstating the case. Believe it or not, in the bad old days when I was a student and UConn's big rivals were UMass and URI, we actually got jacked up about the games. The conference is what it is and you and I might just have to make the best of it for a long time. You can always stop frequenting the sports board if UConn doesn't vie for national championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom