Blaudschun Dig At Susan Herbst | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Blaudschun Dig At Susan Herbst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I get a kick over people who are incensed by property theft.

When I was school, someone stole my baseball glove. It was just barely broken-in and cost me about 12 hours pay. I was livid. I have no doubt it was boosted by a guy like you, they type who gets a kick out of someone being incensed over property theft. I can only imagine if it was years later and it was my laptop with all my stuff on it.

Reaction Score
You don't get it, clearly. Yeah, I'm sure both Williams and AJ Price were really upset about being suspended form school. If they were suspended from school but could have still played hoops they'd have taken that deal in a NY second. And you know what? I'm fine with the University suspending them for comparable times as others. Seems fair to me. But the next question is what did Calhoun do? They got zero "basketball" punishment. He was not a student in the fall of 2005 so he couldn't play anyway. Here's the difference between the current administration and the old regime. Wolf was suspended from basketball for half a semester and is allowed to return to the team as a walk on. Neither Williams nor Price suffered any basketball consequences for their actions. And again, AJ Price didn't miss 1 single basketball game, not one, because of this incident. Zero. Look it up. He got clearance to return to basketball in May 2006, after the 2006 season ended and before the 2006-07 season began. "Son, I'm taking away your driver's license until you turn 16...and by golly we won't allow you to eat broccoli either " that's what happened to Price. I know you will deny it but facts are stubborn things.

It's total BS for you to say they got ZERO basketball punishment. You know Williams missed the fall--he couldn't even practice. AJ Price was 2 years away from the game. Why are you twisting things by saying that?

And comparing violence against women to property theft is always a losing argument. Miles was expelled for twisting a girl's arm, for heaven's sake. During the Calhoun years.

Reaction Score
When I was school, someone stole my baseball glove. It was just barely broken-in and cost me about 12 hours pay. I was livid. I have no doubt it was boosted by a guy like you, they type who gets a kick out of someone being incensed over property theft. I can only imagine if it was years later and it was my laptop with all my stuff on it.

Yes, and all the faculty will steal your baseball glove too!! Because it's the faculty dealing suspensions for 1 semester for laptop theft! For multiple students.

What people bugs me is people who like beating up women. When did you last beat your wife?

Reaction Score
Do you realize that every rational observer of these events who has even passing familiarity with them reports that UConn achieved those stunning accomplishments in spite of Hathaway's incompetence, not because of it? And that he has been roundly faulted by his peers and colleagues in all corners for doing remarkably little if anything to capitalize on these amazing accomplishments, when he was in prime position on committees, etc. with every opportunity to do so? By all reports, the guy simply blew it. He liked attending meetings and being on committees simply for his own benefit, and did the least possible with the most one could expect. He was way, way out of his depth, and colleagues and peers from lesser institutions with far less impressive resumes ate his lunch, while he was out to lunch.
I guess I was less than clear. I didn't like Hathaway. He was a nasty, petty, miserable guy and that's how he ran things. And I believe that he probably lost his edge and needed to be replaced. No problem with that. It happens to lots of people. But the idea that he was incompetent is just wrong. Incompetent don't see the level of success across the board that occurred on his watch. He had two huge egos he needed to placate. 3 if you count Edsall whose ego was almost as big even if his accomplishment weren"t. And neither one was shy about going over his head to the media or the adminstration or outside supporters/donors if he was unhappy. The process by which hathaway was replaced revealed a very ugly side of Susan Herbst, too. She wanted to replace him with someone who shared her vision, such as it is, and that's fine. But she elected to do it in the most ugly way possible. She did something similar at the med school for what its worth. And in all seriousness, ask yourself if Manuel is better. I guess if you're a hockey fan, the answer is yes. But beyond that, you'd be hard pressed to say UConn Athletics is better off under Manuel. Of course it matters less, so maybe that's ok. He was brought here for one reason and one reason only. He got Buffalo out of its APR mess. They had 4 or 5 teams that were below the NCAA standards when he arrived there and none when he left. Susan Herbst wanted a guy she could point to as someone who took APR seriously because her interest in athletics is that they not embarrass the university. Read HFD's list of failures. Forget the bad syntax and all that and focus on the points. And Manuel is following the same old script that made him a "rock star" at Buffalo down to replacing the logo. Pretty soon we'll be Buffalo.

Reaction Score
It's total BS for you to say they got ZERO basketball punishment. You know Williams missed the fall--he couldn't even practice. AJ Price was 2 years away from the game. Why are you twisting things by saying that?

And comparing violence against women to property theft is always a losing argument. Miles was expelled for twisting a girl's arm, for heaven's sake. During the Calhoun years.
No, Miles was expelled for violating a court order. Calhoun didn't suspend Williams for a single game. If it had been up to him, Williams wouldn't have been out at all. Price only missed games because he had his illness. He was scheduled to join the team as a freshman in 2004-2005. He missed the 2004-05 season due to the brain hemorrhage, AVM I think it was called, and had surgery in February 2005. So he missed the 2004-05 season due to illness. In August 2005 he was arrested for the laptop incident. he was suspended for the 2005-06 year. But he was not cleared to return to playing basketball until MAY 2006. So while he missed 2 years, it was two years when he was physically unable to perform. So it was a meaningless penalty. As I said above, like telling your 15 year old you're taking away his drivers license. He doesn't have one anyway. You, my friend, are the one who is making up timelines and twisting things. Even if the laptop incident never happened, AJ Price could not play basketball in the 2004-05 or 2005-06 seasons. His doctors wouldn't allow it. His health wouldn't allow it. So saying he missed basketball during that period because of the laptop incident is simply wrong and turns reality on its head. Talk about through the looking glass...

Reaction Score
No, Miles was expelled for violating a court order. Calhoun didn't suspend Williams for a single game. If it had been up to him, Williams wouldn't have been out at all. Price only missed games because he had his illness. He was scheduled to join the team as a freshman in 2004-2005. He missed the 2004-05 season due to the brain hemorrhage, AVM I think it was called, and had surgery in February 2005. So he missed the 2004-05 season due to illness. In August 2005 he was arrested for the laptop incident. he was suspended for the 2005-06 year. But he was not cleared to return to playing basketball until MAY 2006. So while he missed 2 years, it was two years when he was physically unable to perform. So it was a meaningless penalty. As I said above, like telling your 15 year old you're taking away his drivers license. He doesn't have one anyway. You, my friend, are the one who is making up timelines and twisting things. Even if the laptop incident never happened, AJ Price could not play basketball in the 2004-05 or 2005-06 seasons. His doctors wouldn't allow it. His health wouldn't allow it. So saying he missed basketball during that period because of the laptop incident is simply wrong and turns reality on its head. Talk about through the looking glass...

You know what Miles was expelled for? Precisely? The rest of what you write is pure BS. A player gets suspended for games, and you want the coach to suspend him for additional games because the coach didn't issue the judgment? Really? That is beyond absurd. It would put these judgments into the hands of coaches, like what is done at Syracuse. You're actually requiring MORE coach involvement with your method rather than less. Your AJ Price point is equally absurd.

Reaction Score
You know what Miles was expelled for? Precisely? The rest of what you write is pure BS. A player gets suspended for games, and you want the coach to suspend him for additional games because the coach didn't issue the judgment? Really? That is beyond absurd. It would put these judgments into the hands of coaches, like what is done at Syracuse. You're actually requiring MORE coach involvement with your method rather than less. Your AJ Price point is equally absurd.
LOL...he was suspended during a period he couldn't play anyway. Look it up. It is true. And for all your bluster you didn't know that and you're embarrassed...so his penalty was being suspended from school for a semester...that's it. The rest of the time he was either too ill to actually be there. And he was allowed back to the school for the Spring of 2006. He wasn't allowed back on the team but that was a meaningless penalty since he wasn't cleared to participate anyway. But I suppose that's more than enough in your eyes. As for Miles, yeah, he was suspended for violating a restraining order. Go back and read the reports on the incident. there was zero action taken against him by the school or Calhoun for original violation which led to the order. It was only after he ended up under arrest for violation that he was subject to any action by the University. Though in Calhoun's defense, he violated the order so quickly, within 15-20 minutes after he was notified, that maybe he didn't have time to take action...

Reaction Score
LOL...he was suspended during a period he couldn't play anyway. Look it up. It is true.

Who cares?

And for all your bluster you didn't know that and you're embarrassed...

What's embarrassing is you're making stuff up.

so his penalty was being suspended from school for a semester...that's it.

For a year.

As for Miles, yeah, he was suspended for violating a restraining order.

Show me a link that says that.

There was zero action taken against him by the school or Calhoun for original violation which led to the order.

This is bizarrely stupid even by your standards. He violate the restraining order within hours of it being issued! Hilarious.

It was only after he ended up under arrest for violation that he was subject to any action by the University. Though in Calhoun's defense, he violated the order so quickly, within 15-20 minutes after he was notified, that maybe he didn't have time to take action...

Yeah, everyone would have gotten out of bed to immediately suspend him for twisting the girl's arm. If they only knew he would violate the restraining order instantly, they could have waited until he had done that!!

You went off the rails last year blasting Kevin Ollie and by now you're like one of the goes hand-pumping a trolley into some godforsaken nowhere of a desert.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm sorry to inform you of this and I'm very guilty of it. The AAU invite will be in the early 2020s if everything goes smooth. We're not as close as I and others here like to pump all over the internets. That's just a save face thing among Cr talk across boards. We have a long way to go. A lot of money to gain fund wise. There are 5 or 6 schools ahead of us on the list and 2 or 3 of those have upgrading conf eyes just like uconn does. Not to mention the aau doesnt like to grow. And money is tight. It's not happening soon. No matter how much I or oers here defend it and pump it. It's simply keeping us up in the world of Internet chatter and nothing more. It's the whole show a pulse thing. That's why a select couple here like fishy po po it and just straight up tell u guys the b10 is not happening.

That's the real world. Enjoy.

I'm going to moan and carry on because I saw this all coming and wated things different. Then it all happened and everyone here then thinks they know . We continue to stand still and do nothing.

You have yet to tell me what steps we have taken to help get into a athletic conference. The acc does not need AAU status. The b10 doesn't either technically. It's a nice measurement they talk up to feel special and separate themselves from the sec, but its not set in stone. Nebraska plays in the b10. Ge b10 tried to add Norte dame. Fantasy land you live in.

I may be a crazy drunk sob and love to rant and dream leagues up etc. but I actually live in reality and that simply is the leadership here sucks, we have no vision and no balls. End of story.

Now go ahead and try another argument and tell me what a bad guy I am and so on.

And while I'm at it I will beg this board one more time to stop with the paschal threads and arguing. I can fit out and said it in a thread over e winter what the deal was and what was going to happen. Yet everyone here would rather invite a bunch of shoebies over here to talk nonsense.

This board is unreal. Full of idiots, clowns and a couple stern truth tellers that don't want to chat in public any more.

I just want to yell really loud right now

c k

antidepressant_pills.jpg

Just a suggestion. The booze is bringing you down too much.

Reaction Score
LOL...he was suspended during a period he couldn't play anyway. Look it up. It is true. And for all your bluster you didn't know that and you're embarrassed...so his penalty was being suspended from school for a semester...that's it. The rest of the time he was either too ill to actually be there. And he was allowed back to the school for the Spring of 2006. He wasn't allowed back on the team but that was a meaningless penalty since he wasn't cleared to participate anyway. But I suppose that's more than enough in your eyes. As for Miles, yeah, he was suspended for violating a restraining order. Go back and read the reports on the incident. there was zero action taken against him by the school or Calhoun for original violation which led to the order. It was only after he ended up under arrest for violation that he was subject to any action by the University. Though in Calhoun's defense, he violated the order so quickly, within 15-20 minutes after he was notified, that maybe he didn't have time to take action...
You may be right on the timeline but since he was suspended for the entire season there actually was no need for clearance until he was returning to the team. If his suspension was less. medical clearance might have been expedited.
I agree Williams as the senior should have been more culpable. Did he lead Price astray or did Price influence him.
He was a senior star Price had never played a game.

The way that season played out it would have helped JC legacy if he lost his entire senior year.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yes, and all the faculty will steal your baseball glove too!! Because it's the faculty dealing suspensions for 1 semester for laptop theft! For multiple students.

What people bugs me is people who like beating up women. When did you last beat your wife?

I don't think you've ever won an argument on this board, you certainly have never made a thoughtful argument that influenced anyone else. You are bereft of original thought, nevermind wit. The best you can hope for is to wear down your opponent du jour with a constant barrage of nonsense like the above.

CL82

Reaction Score
You may be right on the timeline but since he was suspended for the entire season there actually was no need for clearance until he was returning to the team. If his suspension was less. medical clearance might have been expedited.
I agree Williams as the senior should have been more culpable. Did he lead Price astray or did Price influence him.
He was a senior star Price had never played a game.

The way that season played out it would have helped JC legacy if he lost his entire senior year.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
The difference in punishment was due AJ trying to mislead campus police while MW came clean. AJ got the same suspension as MW for the act, plus an additional for not cooperating fully. That result is consistent with campus policy and the punishments were equivalent to other one that didn't relate to an athlete.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The difference in punishment was due AJ trying to mislead campus police while MW came clean. AJ got the same suspension as MW for the act, plus an additional for not cooperating fully. That result is consistent with campus policy and the punishments were equivalent to other one that didn't relate to an athlete.

That was the spin, anyway.

Reaction Score
I don't think you've ever won an argument on this board, you certainly have never made a thoughtful argument that influenced anyone else. You are bereft of original thought, nevermind wit. The best you can hope for is to wear down your opponent du jour with a constant barrage of nonsense like the above.

I agree with the faculty, at the end of the day. One semester or one year suspension for stealing a laptop sounds right. The idea that more draconian punishment is called for because of stolen property is clearly not a position with which the faculty board agreed. I think they're right. You don't. Now, if you want to pathologically associate me with the guy who stole your glove, and then cry like a baby when I mimic that kind of pathologic nonsense in my response to you, be my guest.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
That was the spin, anyway.

Wow. That's a serious allegation.

What proof do you have or are you talking out of your as usual?

Reaction Score

CL82

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Wonder if this was what MB was alluding to?

wjpaquette 4:05pm via Twitter for iPhone
My resignation was announced today. Last day in the office. I've been lucky to have been in one place for a long time. Thanks to all.

GoodmanESPN 4:10pm via TweetDeck
Sad, sad news that longtime Big East associate commissioner of communications John Paquette let go by Mike Aresco. Was w/league since 1990.

The old Big East had an Associate Commissioner of Communications (Paquette), two Directors of Communications, and an Assistant Director of Communications.
http://www.bigeast.org/AbouttheBIGEAST/ConferenceStaff.aspx

Reaction Score
Wonder if this was what MB was alluding to?

wjpaquette 4:05pm via Twitter for iPhone
My resignation was announced today. Last day in the office. I've been lucky to have been in one place for a long time. Thanks to all.

GoodmanESPN 4:10pm via TweetDeck
Sad, sad news that longtime Big East associate commissioner of communications John Paquette let go by Mike Aresco. Was w/league since 1990.

Well, yes it was, as here is his latest this afternoon:

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=7067

Which includes this:

"Now you figure it out. Word has it that a group of Presidents–and the buzz is that Susan Herbst at UConn and Gerald Turner at SMU, told Aresco they think the league should go in another direction in its promotion.
No one worked harder at doing his job, through good times and tough times, than John Paquette. No one was a more loyal employee, who also recognized the role of the media.
Yet it was not good enough for a group of Presidents, who have dived into the sports end of their operation with neither knowledge or insight.
UConn? These are the same Huskies who are almost universally regarded as the biggest loser in all of the conference reconfiguration.
SMU? Always a leader in the clubhouse when the most penalized programs in NCAA history are being discussed, relegated to second class status until the Big East offered a life line."

So, I have my answer to my question that started this sorry thread.

Reaction Score
Well, yes it was, as here is his latest this afternoon:

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=7067

Which includes this:

"Now you figure it out. Word has it that a group of Presidents–and the buzz is that Susan Herbst at UConn and Gerald Turner at SMU, told Aresco they think the league should go in another direction in its promotion.
No one worked harder at doing his job, through good times and tough times, than John Paquette. No one was a more loyal employee, who also recognized the role of the media.
Yet it was not good enough for a group of Presidents, who have dived into the sports end of their operation with neither knowledge or insight.
UConn? These are the same Huskies who are almost universally regarded as the biggest loser in all of the conference reconfiguration.
SMU? Always a leader in the clubhouse when the most penalized programs in NCAA history are being discussed, relegated to second class status until the Big East offered a life line."

So, I have my answer to my question that started this sorry thread.

That just means he's mad because he lost a source... ;)

I see that the media has rallied behind Paquette (and rightfully so by all regards) but less revenue = less positions.

Wonder if BE picks him up?

Reaction Score
Sounds like a friend of his lost a his job. It sucks, to the both of them, but damn, is that really news? The Big East is over. This American Conference is really an entirely new conference and while I doubt Pauquette had any role in the old big east falling apart what is wrong with wanting to start over and bringing in people with new ideas? Sheesh.

Reaction Score
What did he do wrong? How about let Williams back on the basketball team for the 2nd half of the 2005-06 season? He was suspended for December...Good grief, he missed all those tough games against Fairfield and Texas Southern or somebody...And Price didn't miss a single game because of this incident. Did you know that? Not 1. He didn't get medical clearance to return until MAY 2006, AFTER the 2006 season ended.Go back and look it up. He was back on the court for the start of the 2006-07 season. His "punishment" was laughable. So his suspension was co-terminus with his inability to play. Like telling your 15 year old you'r taking away his drivers license until he turns 16. And please don't tell me they were also kicked out of the dorms...LOL. That whole incident was Jim Calhoun's absolute lowest point in his entire tenure. Worse than Miles by a long shot. Maybe she doesn't fire him over that, but I also think that neither Williams nor Price would get off virtually without penalty.

You're flat wrong. AJ only played 3 years at UConn. He did not have the option of applying for a fourth because he was suspended (you can get a sixth year if you miss two to health/injury). So he lost an entire season of eligbility.

Perhaps the 2010 team isn't in the NIT if Price gets his sixth year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom