Blake Harris | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Blake Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Jalen was our best player this past season and he'll be our best player next season. Alterique's health is a question mark.

Agree with this sentiment. I want neither Jalen, nor Alterique, nor Vital to leave, but you need to protect yourself in case AG has another setback. MAL def helps, but you can never have too many guards in MCBB.

My constant recruiting refrain: get as many good players as you can and figure the rest out later. It'll all shake out. Always does.

Reaction Score
I don't doubt anything you just said. But that'd be an awfully bizzarre reason for transferring. On the 2014 NC championship team ollie didnt favor olander and omar over nolan, brimah and boat just because they were local. He's always played the best players. I wouldnt understand that one
Purvis wasnt local either lol

Reaction Score
I appreciate the warning. I'm using this and the previous post as trial balloons to see if people want to know what I hear or would rather just bash me and assume I'm lying. Based on the Jalen post (albeit it was more positive in nature), the responses were more civil. Let's see how this goes considering it is more mixed. I am serving as a messenger, I could very easily have not asked my guy on this and left all of us in the dark.

I think people will respect the fact that you are actually saying what you are hearing. You are not stating that a top guard may be thinking of transferring. You aren't responding to a post that says Jalen, Larrier, AG and Vital are returning with "really." You aren't handling this in the same way. I appreciate it.

The dramatic, coy BS is what annoys people. Not good content.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Harris just followed a TON of Mizzou accounts on Twitter fwiw.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I think people will respect the fact that you are actually saying what you are hearing. You are not stating that a top guard may be thinking of transferring. You aren't responding to a post that says Jalen, Larrier, AG and Vital are returning with "really." You aren't handling this in the same way. I appreciate it.

He gets points for not leading with "Things are a Trainwreck/Titanic with our program" in a way that purposefully sends the Chicken Little types into a feeding frenzy as well.

Reaction Score
It's a board rule to not speculate about transfers.

And even if you are just the messenger, this is still speculation.

My apologies (no seriously I like this community and don't want to obstruct the rules). So in the future, do I just wait and not say anything when I hear something? What is the best way to handle this going forward because there will be updates on this.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It's a board rule to not speculate about transfers. nd even if you are just the messenger, this is still speculation.
My apologies (no seriously I like this community and don't want to obstruct the rules). So in the future, do I just wait and not say anything when I hear something? What is the best way to handle this going forward because there will be updates on this.

It's not the same thing. If you have some info, you can pass it on. It may not be accurate, as with anything in life, but it's not speculative The rule applies to people saying "' should transfer because he sucks" or "I think these guys are transferring because they are unhappy" (when the poster has no clue). Ward off problems with people's parents reading stuff, mobilizing the fan base against kids, trying to push kids out, etc.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If you give me permission I'd like to delete that post.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If you give me permission I'd like to delete that post.

Why? It's info from the kids. Not speculative. Speculative comes from posters' heads, not the actual source. See my post above. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought this is how it has been for the past 15 years or so. I have lost brain cells in that time tho.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It's not the same thing. If you have some info, you can pass it on. It may not be accurate, as with anything in life, but it's not speculative The rule applies to people saying "' should transfer because he sucks" or "I think these guys are transferring because they are unhappy" (when the poster has no clue). Ward off problems with people's parents reading stuff, mobilizing the fan base against kids, trying to push kids out, etc.
It's a gray area from a person who is admirable. I prefer not shooting the messenger just the message.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
IMO, the best thing to do is not say anything at all.

But there are some on here who disagree. For those folks, there's always private messaging. Just be very vague...

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It's a gray area from a person who is admirable. I prefer not shooting the messenger just the message.

Yeah, but if this is the case, we can't have any insider info on this site. Which is stupid.

I mean, if people are talking to the kids, how 'unspeculative' can you get? That's a primary source. Again, I could be totally wrong. I just thought that's how it was done.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Yeah, but if this is the case, we can't have any insider info on this site. Which is stupid.
It's feeding in the rumor mill of transfers vs. who are potential players.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Why? It's info from the kids. Not speculative. Speculative comes from posters' heads, not the actual source. See my post above. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought this is how it has been for the past 15 years or so. I have lost brain cells in that time tho.
Nope, it's speculation. There's no publically available direct quote right from the horses mouth = speculation.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It's feeding in the rumor mill of transfers vs. who are potential players.

Not a rumor though. It's asking the source. Maybe we could have a private board for this stuff?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Nope, it's speculation. There's no publically available direct quote right from the horses mouth = speculation.

That is an incorrect definition of speculation. Show me where you got that from. Nowhere does it have to be 'publicly available'.

Speculation: the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

He didn't form a theory or conjecture. He had a friend ask the player. The player told him. That's a direct source. It doesn't get much firmer than that

There could be no news articles in the general media with 'sources', which would kill 80% of all news.

You can make up your own definition of 'speculation' if you want, but it doesn't mean it's correct. You've posted about being far more absolutist about this than anyone else.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Just pm storrs for any further updates.

So all insider information is now off board completely? First time I've seen this in 15 years.

I mean, people are looking at vague Vance tweets and saying he's unhappy. Now THAT is speculation.

But I'll take it to PM if that's going to be standard for the whole board.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
That is an incorrect definition of speculation. Show me where you got that from. Nowhere does it have to be 'publicly available'.

Speculation: the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

He didn't form a theory or conjecture. He had a friend ask the player. The player told him. That's a direct source. It doesn't get much firmer than that

There could be no news articles in the general media with 'sources', which would kill 80% of all news.

You can make up your own definition of 'speculation' if you want, but it doesn't mean it's correct. You've posted about being far more absolutist about this than anyone else.
The key is that it has to be independently verifiable.

With all due respect to Storrs South, this is not independently verifiable.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

So all insider information is now off board completely? First time I've seen this in 15 years.

I mean, people are looking at vague Vance tweets and saying he's unhappy. Now THAT is speculation.
I hate censoring anything. But it's board policy not to speculate on transfer rumors and @Fishy made that clear recently in that thread about Vance. I'm following protocol as much as I dislike it.

So take it with a grain of salt censoring is fluid. This is only the second time I've done post deletions except when someone asked a moderator to delete their posts.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The key is that it has to be independently verifiable.

With all due respect to Storrs South, this is not independently verifiable.

And that's based on what? Who's the verify-er?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I hate censoring anything. But it's board policy not to speculate on transfer rumors and @Fishy made that clear recently in that thread about Vance. I'm following protocol as much as I dislike it.

So take it with a grain of salt censoring is fluid. This is only the second time I've done post deletions except when someone asked a moderator to delete their posts.

My point is: what exactly is considered speculation? First or second hand knowledge? Only publicly verifiable quotes? Where's the definition of what is allowed and not allowed. Not snark. Again, you are going to be censoring posts in every single recruiting thread if so.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
And that's based on what? Who's the verify-er?
The source is not affiliated with UConn in any capacity, officially or otherwise, and his identity is unknown.

Why is this so hard for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22