Blake Harris | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Blake Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think the boneyard is one of the best boards out there. Many guys on here know basketball. Sadly though, we may have the weakest group of 'insiders' of any fan base.
if that's true, they probably have lives and also live in the northeast where there is more to do than in many other regions of the country

Reaction Score
Harris looks a lot like Bazz with more hops. Who wouldn't want him, has all those crafty little moves off the dribble, can shoot it and has some nice vision too!

Reaction Score
I think the boneyard is one of the best boards out there. Many guys on here know basketball. Sadly though, we may have the weakest group of 'insiders' of any fan base.

I'll give them s___ for misses, but we get a lot more scoops than most boards. It remains to be seen if this continues post-Miller. Also, in Oz, we have the loosest lipped insider in the history of basketball forums.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
IF and thats a big IF aguard is leaving and its JA or AG I would rather retain AG and get the added time and look for a real shooting guard. Love JA and what he has done but looking at what is best for the team future

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
IF and thats a big IF aguard is leaving and its JA or AG I would rather retain AG and get the added time and look for a real shooting guard. Love JA and what he has done but looking at what is best for the team future
Not me. Jalen, with his flaws, looks like a better potential floor general than Alterique in his way too brief run this year. Jalen has had a season to be the leader and the total payoff for UConn is to have him mature into an upper classmen and hopefully make one of those big leaps as a junior. He is our best player, even though I don't see him having the same level of feel for the game as a Shabazz or Marcus Williams. But he can be spectacular....then disappear for too long and not take over when needed. That is what developing is about. Next year, he has to be "the guy" even if both he and Alterique start together.

Reaction Score
Not me. Jalen, with his flaws, looks like a better potential floor general than Alterique in his way too brief run this year. Jalen has had a season to be the leader and the total payoff for UConn is to have him mature into an upper classmen and hopefully make one of those big leaps as a junior. He is our best player, even though I don't see him having the same level of feel for the game as a Shabazz or Marcus Williams. But he can be spectacular....then disappear for too long and not take over when needed. That is what developing is about. Next year, he has to be "the guy" even if both he and Alterique start together.
Jalen was our best player this past season and he'll be our best player next season. Alterique's health is a question mark.

Reaction Score
I wasn't sure where to put this between this and the other thread, but I will drop it here. I have a good contact through a friend with someone in Jalen's inner circle. I had him press hard today and the person in question said Jalen was coming back next season. The plan as I was told seems rather obvious: declare for the draft, not sign an agent, go through NBA workouts, then come back for his Junior year at UConn. If I hear anything else I will pass it on, but that's what I know for now.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I wasn't sure where to put this between this and the other thread, but I will drop it here. I have a good contact through a friend with someone in Jalen's inner circle. I had him press hard today and the person in question said Jalen was coming back next season. The plan as I was told seems rather obvious: declare for the draft, not sign an agent, go through NBA workouts, then come back for his Junior year at UConn.
It would be foolish to not do this on his & KO's part.

Thanks for the info. Glad they're doing the smart thing.

Reaction Score
I wasn't sure where to put this between this and the other thread, but I will drop it here. I have a good contact through a friend with someone in Jalen's inner circle. I had him press hard today and the person in question said Jalen was coming back next season. The plan as I was told seems rather obvious: declare for the draft, not sign an agent, go through NBA workouts, then come back for his Junior year at UConn. If I hear anything else I will pass it on, but that's what I know for now.
This is far to sensible to be considered insider info. Thanks though.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score

So maybe Slater's word shouldn't be treated as Boneyard Gospel.....and maybe just maybe the sky isn't quite falling to the extent he hinted at

Reaction Score

This is just dumb. Would rather lose an experienced, proven stud like JA for an untested freshman on the mend? I think AG is going to be a great player too, but he has not yet proven his talent on the court in the college game or his ability to stay healthy, and you would trade JA for that unknown?

Like the arguement in another thread of who to start next year, AG or CV, people on this board don't seem to understand the concept of "a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush". Most people on this board seem to assume that the new guy is going to be better that the current guy. The new guy very well might be better, and in AG's case he probably will ultimately be better than CV, maybe even JA, but you can't assume that yet.

Jumping to "next" when a recruit doesn't commit to us is one thing, but a team is never going to gel and succeed if we start saying "next" to our existing players everytime there is a shiny new possibity.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Really like this kid's game. Not an explosive athlete but has a shifty quickness to him. Exceptional passer too.

Reaction Score
Did he not just come out and say it was between Mizzou and NC State?
I checked all of his social media a few minutes ago. Nothing on his Twitter or Instagram saying those final 2. No idea where that Mizzou account got that info from

Reaction Score
I checked all of his social media a few minutes ago. Nothing on his Twitter or Instagram saying those final 2. No idea where that Mizzou account got that info from
Straight from him apparently:

Hours after getting a commitment from Michael Porter Jr., the consensus top player in the nation, Rivals150 guard Blake Harris confirmed to PowerMizzou.com that he is down to Missouri and North Carolina State.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is just dumb. Would rather lose an experienced, proven stud like JA for an untested freshman on the mend? I think AG is going to be a great player too, but he has not yet proven his talent on the court in the college game or his ability to stay healthy, and you would trade JA for that unknown?

Like the arguement in another thread of who to start next year, AG or CV, people on this board don't seem to understand the concept of "a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush". Most people on this board seem to assume that the new guy is going to be better that the current guy. The new guy very well might be better, and in AG's case he probably will ultimately be better than CV, maybe even JA, but you can't assume that yet.

Jumping to "next" when a recruit doesn't commit to us is one thing, but a team is never going to gel and succeed if we start saying "next" to our existing players everytime there is a shiny new possibity.

Thanks for your opinion and while you just don't grasp my train of thought I won't call yours dumb
I'm looking at the future - you are focused on next year only
Different but neither is dumb
Must be lonely where you are perched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members