Bill Walton | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Bill Walton

Reaction Score
His free mind, stream of consciousness excursions into the irrelevant chatter is mind numbing. However sprinkled throughout all this chatter are some really good insights on players and teams that show he knows his stuff. Price we got to pay I guess.
like he kept repeating, “UCONN 4 championships in the last 23 years. No other team has done that, not Duke, North Carolina”.

Reaction Score
I just ordered a blue tooth combo FM radio and Speaker from Sharper Image today so I can turn off the TV volume and listen to the call on the radio. Because of Walton.
Lol

Reaction Score
You have to wonder what the program directors are talking about when they put a show together. "let's use an old burnout who can blend a little Cheech and Chong into sports casting"
He can show up half baked, doesn't have to be accurate, he can make as many mistakes a he wants, heck, he doesn't even have to make any sense.
I do enjoy the lines we can pull from the broadcast, just like old comedy movie references. But sometimes I'd like him to shut up and let the PBP guy tell me why play was stopped.

Reaction Score
Funny that the fact that Phil Knight makes a ton of $ off what is pretty near slave labor was never mentioned
Whoever gave you the thumbs down emoji must have never heard of the "unmentionables" in that country that makes all their shoes..........

Reaction Score
Say what you will, but Bill Walton gave UConn more recognition and accolades the past two games than we get in two years of broadcasts. Sure can't hurt recruiting:
1. "Four (4) Championships in the last 23 years (proof he's not so addled that he can't do math), more than Duke, etc."
2. "Now that's how you play basketball", when he was referring to our passing and team play.

DH and UConn should hope he does every national game so the high level recruits we're now focusing on learn something most don't have a clue about. I try to educate my friends who are casual fans about UConn's history and most find it hard to believe we've won more than anyone else since 1999.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Last night was the Walton you want.
Unless you want just a straight call the game guy.
Bit if you want an analyst with some flair, last night's Walton was great.

Very complimentary of UConn and Hurley throughout.

You can tell he is smart as a whip and can cram info in a short period of time.

Je had some relevant info about players and their bios. He's a big fan of Karaban and knows Karaban is a great hockey assist kind of guy.

The story of blowing off end of HS so he could play on US National team in Europe is such a humble brag but funny.

Reaction Score
I guess to each their own, I picked up a Bible at halftime as I imagined hell as having something to do with being locked in a room with a burnout like Walton.

Reaction Score
Let me throw in he looks a lot like Keith Richards with less wrinkles and sans headband

Attachments

• 11712718-6872421-image-m-17_1554108710381 (1).jpg
    11712718-6872421-image-m-17_1554108710381 (1).jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 60
Reaction Score
I couldn’t stand Walton doing the game live because I wanted insight into the game not talk about trees.

But today when I rewatched the game knowing the outcome, he was more tolerable

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He’s a cross between Bumble (from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer) and Puddles Pity Party.
He has a surprisingly good singing voice?

Reaction Score
When you combine both opposing coaches names together as one. Then proceeds to say I have issues/problems or whatever he said next is buffoonery!!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I love Walton. I’m not sure I could listen to him call every game, but once in awhile he’s a breath of fresh air. ESPN should set him up for a game a week like the Manning brothers and let him talk hoops with guests while the game is on.

They did some thing where Walton Keyshawn and like 3 other women all sat in a room and watched the Super Bowl, and you watched them converse.

Howard Stern played a few clips to goof on it, you couldn’t hear 1 word. It was just listening to 3 conversations simultaneously, a total train wreck.

Somehow the Manning thing works. I think him and 1 guy doing it would be great.

I wasn’t able to watch the Manning cast until a few weeks ago due to my work schedule, once I did I fell in love. That’s right up my alley, which is why I agree with you.

Reaction Score
For all of you Walton bashers it’s very apparent he thinks a lot of our players, coach and team. You’ll hear it tomorrow night.

Reaction Score
I just ordered a blue tooth combo FM radio and Speaker from Sharper Image today so I can turn off the TV volume and listen to the call on the radio. Because of Walton.
So Bill Walton made you go out and spend money that’s some power right there.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
He's calling the Final too? Alright, I'll have the good stuff ready.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
when he yells WHOAAAA on a crazy shot or pass, it gets me every time. When he added in pinball wizard I was crying laughing.

I agree he was getting mad at the flopping and thought basically Sanogo’s 3 fouls at that point were all bull.
The flopping was also mentioned at Half Time Report.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom