Big Ten WBB | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Big Ten WBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I still don't always remember Md is in the Big 10 honestly.

still doesn't make sense to me fit wise, though I certainly understand the money.

Penn State and Md should be in the ACC imo.
Or better yet in the old Big East…

Reaction Score
I have watched multiple Indiana WBB games. I am duly impressed. They play like a TEAM, and have a maturity that many other teams haven't achieved at this point in the season. I can see Indiana making the FF this season.

Reaction Score
Tip my hat to coach Moseley and her Wisconsin coaching staff and players. Played a tough Indiana team tonight. Wishing coach the best with changing the culture with the Badger program and developing players they can get. Great win by Indiana.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yeah to make the final 4 if they get another weak bracket & #1 seed aka NC state but no way in hell can anyone truly say they think Indiana can with the national championship LOL
At this time last year, and right up through the first weekend of the NCAA tournament, almost anyone would've said the very same thing about Arizona. And actually, Indiana has overall been way more impressive this season than Arizona was last year at any time in the regular season. They looked very disjointed, dropped games to mediocre teams and struggled to beat even some bad teams. And yet they finished one heave away from winning it all.

Laugh and deride all you want but stuff can happen in one-and-done format.

Reaction Score
Both Maryland and Iowa don't look as good as they did last year. Iowa has lost 4 games already this season. Fortunately for Maryland, Diamond Miller looked as good as she did last year. So did Owusu. If they can keep that up, an Elite 8/Final 4 could be in their future.

Reaction Score
Iowa's loss last night is and isn't surprising at the same time to me.. They lost to Northwestern both times they faced each other last year. What surprised me is that Czinano wasn't as much a presence on the boards as I thought she could be last night.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Iowa's loss last night is and isn't surprising at the same time to me.. They lost to Northwestern both times they faced each other last year. What surprised me is that Czinano wasn't as much a presence on the boards as I thought she could be last night.
The freshman post Kayleigh Walsh is a huge upgrade offensively and for their interior defense. This was also Czinano's first day back after a COVID hiatus. Not sure that excuses -- TV said something like Northwestern hadn't practiced more than 2 times since before Christmas.

Reaction Score
Updated to include Bracketology released today.

1641592128940.png

Full history can be found in 2021-22 Creme Bracketology google sheet.

Reaction Score
Indiana put their foot down against Nebraska. Indiana continues to impress.

Michigan played well against Penn State.

Reaction Score
Indiana put their foot down against Nebraska. Indiana continues to impress.

Michigan played well against Penn State.
Indiana won by 7. I wouldn't consider that putting their put down on Nebraska. Nebraska had some chances late and I believe there couple plays where they should have been turnovers in their favour instead of them being called fouls.

Michigan had their issues off and on during their game as well. Their first quarter is what helped to keep them ahead by double digits. I was surprised with how they struggled against Penn State's pressure. That could be a weak spot for them.

Reaction Score
Iowa snaps Purdue's 5 game winning streak, 79-66. I can't remember when I have seen Iowa go 0 for from 3-point line. They were 0-15! Caitlin went 0-6. However, Caitlin and Monika dominated the game. Purdue has a pretty solid team and next year they should be a force in the Big Ten.

Reaction Score
Forgot to give a shout out to Coach Moseley and her Wisconsin squad on their win against Rutgers. It was looking rough that first quarter but slowly Wisconsin got things figured out and they were able to put everything together and got the win. Great job, Coach Moseley. I hope the Wisconsin fans are patient and give coach some time to get the right pieces together for that program. Changing a culture takes time.

Reaction Score
Came across this while reading up on Indiana's game postponements due to COVID. Very unfortunate if Holmes is not able to come back this season. She just keeps getting better every year.

Reaction Score
Came across this while reading up on Indiana's game postponements due to COVID. Very unfortunate if Holmes is not able to come back this season. She just keeps getting better every year.

Ugh, very sad to hear. One of my favorite post players to watch. How Indiana adjusts without her will be interesting to watch, but without a doubt a definite blow to a Hoosiers team that was definitely FF caliber with Holmes in the lineup. Without, I'm not as sure. Hopefully there is a possibility she can return for March, and praying for a smooth recovery.

Reaction Score
Ugh, very sad to hear. One of my favorite post players to watch. How Indiana adjusts without her will be interesting to watch, but without a doubt a definite blow to a Hoosiers team that was definitely FF caliber with Holmes in the lineup. Without, I'm not as sure. Hopefully there is a possibility she can return for March, and praying for a smooth recovery.
I agree. Very sad to hear this news. Mackenzie Holmes has been a joy to watch this year. Solid post player with some solid foot work. Just a solid post player. It is going to be interesting to see how Indiana plays without her going forward. Huge blow to the program. Praying for a smooth recovery as well.

Reaction Score
Michigan played a pretty complete game against Wisconsin last night. This was rough to watch. Huge fan of Coach Moseley and Coach Caroline Doty. Just hate to see any of our UConn connection losing. But the cool part was watching coach Moseley, Doty, and the rest of the coaching staff instructing the players and the constant teaching. Hopefully in time this will play off for Wisconsin program.

Reaction Score
Michigan played a pretty complete game against Wisconsin last night. This was rough to watch. Huge fan of Coach Moseley and Coach Caroline Doty. Just hate to see any of our UConn connection losing. But the cool part was watching coach Moseley, Doty, and the rest of the coaching staff instructing the players and the constant teaching. Hopefully in time this will play off for Wisconsin program.
I caught the game as well. Credit to Wisconsin, they kept playing until the final whistle. Some teams would just mail it in. They're adapting to the culture Coach Moseley is trying to build.

It will also help when they can get some more size to battle at the post position. They signed a 6'4" player from Canada for 2022 who could help them with this next season, depending on how she fairs when she gets on campus.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Indiana is playing for the first time in 15 days, without their leading scorer rebounder and shot blocker, on the road, against a legit top-10 team. Their defense and composed guard play will hopefully keep them close, but it's hard to see how they pull this one off. Ali Patberg had a mild ankle sprain in the overtime period of Indiana's last game on Jan. 15. I'm anxious to see if that's going to affect her mobility.

Reaction Score
Ah yeah! Big game tonight in the Big Ten. Michigan vs Indiana. Huge game for both teams.
Will be interesting to see how this plays out. With Indiana losing Holmes and off for a couple weeks, it adds to the drama.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see how this plays out. With Indiana losing Holmes and off for a couple weeks, it adds to the drama.
Honestly, without Holmes I really don’t know if IN can stay with MI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom