Big East WBB Media Day Tuesday, Oct 18 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Big East WBB Media Day Tuesday, Oct 18

Reaction Score
That is very high praise considering how Paige looked after 1 week of practice. So happy to hear she feels so much better.

I think the difference is "in all phases". Geno has said that about Fudd a few times.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Our last Superhuman before Ayanna:

1666136678538.png

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Thanks Cat. I missed the broadcast. Right as it began, my 3 year old great granddaughter came back into our home office and wanted me to color with her. She has impeccable timing. I couldn't say no. She wouldn't understand why Paw paw didn't want to color RIGHT THEN. :confused: She got right up under me to make sure I colored with her, and not pay any attention to the computer monitor. :(
:) Oh! My!

Someone else who lives in the same amazingly wonderful world I reside in. . . .

Just a little while ago my wife showed me her phone where 7 years ago our great grandson was learning to walk, dance, and clapp at the same time.

Reaction Score
Ice getting more playing time than Patterson, who was just chosen preseason freshman of the year and the most athletic forward to come out of high school in years, is a statement that stands alone ! Wow.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Can we do the same? I already predicting every loss will be followed on the BY with “if we had Paige” Mark this post.
The loss of Paige was devastating. :( SMH. The program must move on. Paige will not play this year. She can't help us. I agree with another poster that said as much as it hurts, we must move on. Wish her well, but move on and look forward to her return next year.

Let's not worry or be concerned about what might have been. Let's focus on what will or might be. Let's highlight and encourage the players that are on the roster and will play this year. Speculating about what might have been had Paige not gotten injured won't win us a single game. Geno has addressed Paige's injury and the fact that she won't play this year. He has asked each player to commit to give a little something extra this year, whatever they can, whenever they can.

This team would have been exceptional this year with Paige. Let's see how exceptional they can be without her. I'll have my my eye on 4 players when the season starts. Amari, Ice, Aubrey and Ines. If these four perform as I expect them to, UConn is going to be tough to beat. I pretty much know what to expect from Azzi, Caroline, Aaliyah, Dorka, Nika (who I think will be the starting 5).

I think Ayanna and Lou WILL live up to their hype. One of the players said that Lou is learning the system real fast, and is getting whatever shot she wants in practice against anyone...........male or female. Sounds like she'll be ready to rock n roll on Nov 6. They're both getting too many accolades from teammates and coaches not to.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I LOVE reading that part. If those two bring that physical element to the program. It is going to be a game changer. Good that we open the season with some tough games. I can not wait!
Exactly what I’ve been hoping for.
Crashing and physically dominating the boards.
Anxious for the early, tough out of conference games.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ice getting more playing time than Patterson, who was just chosen preseason freshman of the year and the most athletic forward to come out of high school in years, is a statement that stands alone ! Wow.
Geno gets to decide playing time, not the other Big East coaches.

Just so you’re aware, it’s ok to talk up one player (as you do with Ayanna, incessantly) without taking potshots at others.

Reaction Score

Interview: Dorka Juhász: UConn Women's Basketball Big East Media Day - 10/18/22

Dorka is such a likable, classy young woman. She's been a wonderful addition to the Huskies, and will be one of my favorites (from among the dozen likable, classy Huskies) this coming season.

Of course, it helps that she's a darned good player, and I believe will be a 1st team Big East come season's end!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think Dorka is talking quite enthusiastically about Ayanna here, but the background chatter/noise is pretty horrible:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Easy answer. Her gifts (play) will make room for her. Was Kia Nurse or Olivia Nelson-Ododa worried about minutes being carved out for them their freshman year? No. Geno knew they had to be on the floor. If things work out like I think they will, Ice will get her minutes. Remember what Geno tells his players EVERY year. "Give me a reason to play you, or a reason to keep you on the bench." He may not be able to keep Ice on the bench. This theory may very well turn to fact once the season starts. We know Geno has no problem shortening his rotation to 7 players in BIG games.

Right now I'm speculating, but midway through the preseason, Geno may find the team functions best with Ice on the floor at the post. Of course other post players (Amari and Dorka) will also be in consideration. Their play could keep Ice on the bench, or cut into her minutes. Both of them can also play the wing position. I don't think either would be heart broken if Geno inserted them at the wing as opposed to the post in a game. That's going to be a challenge for Geno this year. Trying to keep the role players happy with enough minutes. :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just adding the negative of the cross noise of players being interviewed around other conversations. That is a pretty major organizational flaw that should be fixed in the future. It almost made these clips unwatchable.

Reaction Score
Easy answer. Her gifts (play) will make room for her. Was Kia Nurse or Olivia Nelson-Ododa worried about minutes being carved out for them their freshman year? No. Geno knew they had to be on the floor. If things work out like I think they will, Ice will get her minutes. Remember what Geno tells his players EVERY year. "Give me a reason to play you, or a reason to keep you on the bench." He may not be able to keep Ice on the bench. This theory may very well turn to fact once the season starts. We know Geno has no problem shortening his rotation to 7 players in BIG games.

Right now I'm speculating, but midway through the preseason, Geno may find the team functions best with Ice on the floor at the post. Of course other post players (Amari and Dorka) will also be in consideration. Their play could keep Ice on the bench, or cut into her minutes. Both of them can also play the wing position. I don't think either would be heart broken if Geno inserted them at the wing as opposed to the post in a game. That's going to be a challenge for Geno this year. Trying to keep the role players happy with enough minutes. :confused:
"WING IT, GENO"! Two wings and a big bird!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think the few that she is talking about are Pat Summitt and John Wooden. The only two with 8 or more NC's and that Geno has passed both in NC. When it comes to the number of consecutive Final Fours, I believe she was thinking of John Wooden who went to 11 consecutive, winning 10 of them and finishing in 3rd place in the other. He won 9 in a row, finished 3rd, and then won his 10th NC, then retired after the 10th. Back when Wooden was coaching the NCAA had a losers bracket in the Final Four play for 3rd place.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom