Big East WBB Media Day Tuesday, Oct 18 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East WBB Media Day Tuesday, Oct 18

Reaction Score
I think it's a great day for the league. Being in MSG - so historic - and giving all the teams a chance to be part of the publicity - nice to see all the way around.

The selections by the coaches seem to make sense - I would hope that the coaches have a better sense of all the players on all the other BE teams than us fans do - I know there is a lot of knowledge on this board, so maybe we do know better LOL.

Glad to see Butler seems to be on the rise. Obviously hope that all the teams in the BE do well, especially OOC, but the bottom of our league was a real drag on the reputation of the league overall so anything Butler, Xavier, Georgetown, and Providence can start going to lift themselves up will be good for the league.

Congrats to all the players chosen for preseason honors. I was surprised about the BE FOY - Patterson? I would have thought Brady would have been chosen. Good for Ayanna! I think both of our highly regarded freshmen will be terrific (no I have not forgotten about Ines, but her expectations from fans are not as high). But no one knows for sure yet. All we've seen are clips from the weight room and snips from practice.

Side note - hasn't Lauren Park-Lane been at Seton Hall for like 10 years?!! :p Love watching her play - she's such a spark plug for them. And feisty!!
I was too. She's going to have to play some solid defense and a lot of mistake free BB to earn enough minutes to do it. I think understanding the the timing of the offense and knowing what to do when is going to be an early challenge for her. Skills and effort will be there but it's a big difference from what she was doing in HS.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This is very interesting and should produce some responses.
Nika is of course a point guard. My guess is that he means this team doesn't have a UConn-type point guard like Renee or Paige or Crystal who can pull up for a jumper off of a pick and roll. That was such a weapon for those guards but it's just not in Nika's skill-set. She's a point guard but not a typical UConn point guard. Her role in initiating the offense will be different than those other point guards. Sounds like Geno will be putting the ball in Azzi's hands to look for shots off of ball screens much like he did with Paige.

That said, Nika will still play a lot. She is great at pushing the ball in transition and will be good at getting the offense organized. She'll hopefully make enough 3s to help spread the floor and keep defenses honest. Her defense and intensity will be much needed.

Reaction Score
Nika is of course a point guard. My guess is that he means this team doesn't have a UConn-type point guard like Renee or Paige or Crystal who can pull up for a jumper off of a pick and roll. That was such a weapon for those guards but it's just not in Nika's skill-set. She's a point guard but not a typical UConn point guard. Her role in initiating the offense will be different than those other point guards. Sounds like Geno will be putting the ball in Azzi's hands to look for shots off of ball screens much like he did with Paige.

That said, Nika will still play a lot. She is great at pushing the ball in transition and will be good at getting the offense organized. She'll hopefully make enough 3s to help spread the floor and keep defenses honest. Her defense and intensity will be much needed.
I agree. That's what I've been anticipating all along. To beat good teams his offense will need to hum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom