Big East OOC Thread 23/24 | Page 42 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC Thread 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Did anyone else hear the announcer (is it Donnie Marshall?) say, "You can't be a mental midget"?
Donnie also said that during the game that this UConn team is much more athletic than 2023 championship team. When you lose AJax, I don't know about that... maybe he meant that the freshman are all athletic.......

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
wow. what a game at Omaha, NE

Big East closes with a winning season against P5

I believe there are only three nonconference games left involving Big East teams:

Seton Hall at Missouri
Hostra at St. Johns
Chicago State at Depaul

Reaction Score
I watched part of the first half of the Creighton game and without their big guy Bama just attacked the rim at will.
There was a play with a Bama guy literally took 4-5 steps and it wasn’t called , he kicked it out for an in and out 3 luckily or those refs might not of gotten out of town ,
It was so crazy it actually was hilarious as he looked like a Bama running back .

Reaction Score
Donnie also said that during the game that this UConn team is much more athletic than 2023 championship team. When you lose AJax, I don't know about that... maybe he meant that the freshman are all athletic.......
Donnie’s channeling his inner Bill Walton
This starting 5 shoots a tad better than last year and the Freshman haven’t stepped up yet with the Castle injury but athleticism being better requires a little imagination.
No one is close to Jackson even Castle
Sanago was a good athlete and among the strongest guys we’ve had at the 5 . Clingan is a good athlete for a guy that big but has a way to go Physically.
Karaban is stronger this year
Spencer vs Hawkins edge to Hawk athletically amazing Cam is a more accurate shooter plus does other things .
Newton might be smarter but athletically pretty similar
edge to last years team 3-1-1 . for starters
Johnson is a better athlete than any non starter last year and the kids are better athletes . But last years second unit was an explosive force with experience and swagger

caw

Reaction Score

It’s possible I think in some ways, excluding Jackson and Cam.

Reaction Score
I believe there are only three nonconference games left involving Big East teams:

Seton Hall at Missouri
Hostra at St. Johns
Chicago State at Depaul
No matter the outcome the league secured a winning season against the P5 today. That's what i meant.

Would be nice for Seton Hall to win tomorrow at Mizzou though!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I like Bediako for Seton Hall. He doesn't get the ball enough.

Weird that the spread was only Missouri -2.5. I would have thought Missouri -7 or -8 was more appropriate. Is Missouri missing someone?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How many steps do Missouri guards get when they go to the hoop? 5? 6? East stepped, then jump stopped, then took two more steps.

Missouri is losing this game right now more than SHU is winning it. Missouri's shot selection is pretty bad, although I am willing to give SHU's defense some credit for that. Missouri's defense is just terrible. Seton Hall is a poor shooting team, but when they get these kind of wide open, catch facing the basket, 3 attempts, they are going to hit a lot of them. Any Top 150 team would.

This game is not over yet. Seton Hall could go scoreless the rest of the game if Missouri tightens up on defense.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Missouri may be the worst major conference defense I have seen this year. They are just terrible defensively. They leave the 3's wide open, but they don't protect the basket either. I have no idea what they are trying to do defensively.

UConn could score 120 on Missouri with 70% shooting if we played these guys.

Edit: If Missouri is going to press, Seton Hall has to attack. Do not try to kill the clock if they are pressing. They are counting on you not attacking the hoop.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks like Seton Hall is going to take it. They tried pretty hard to lose, but Kadary made some really tough shots down the stretch to avoid completing the meltdown

If I'm Dan Hurley, I'm full court trapping Seton Hall immediately on Wednesday and going up by 30 at halftime

Reaction Score
Seton Hall's first victory against a top-150 KenPom ranked team. After an awful shooting start, the team shot 43.5 3P% and Dawes & Addae-Wusu played their best game of the season.

I gotta say, Addae-Wusu looks way better on a slower offensive like Seton Hall's compared to the mess of Mike Anderson's offense.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Seton Hall wins.

82-37 (27-23).

Big East finishes against the P5 with a 54% winning percentage.

83 wins overall IMO is 5 bids.

Should be in: UConn, Creighton, Marquette
Bubble: Providence, Villanova, Butler, St. John’s, Seton Hall

Final two games:

Chicago State @ DePaul
Hofstra @ St. John’s

Both are must wins for the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online