Big East OOC Thread 23/24 | Page 43 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC Thread 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seton Hall's first victory against a top-150 KenPom ranked team. After an awful shooting start, the team shot 43.5 3P% and Dawes & Addae-Wusu played their best game of the season.

I gotta say, Addae-Wusu looks way better on a slower offensive like Seton Hall's compared to the mess of Mike Anderson's offense.
Addae-Wusu has been horrible this season before today.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall wins.

82-37 (27-23).

Big East finishes against the P5 with a 54% winning percentage.

83 wins overall IMO is 5 bids.

Should be in: UConn, Creighton, Marquette
Bubble: Providence, Villanova, Butler, St. John’s, Seton Hall

Final two games:

Chicago State @ DePaul
Hofstra @ St. John’s

Both are must wins for the league.
The league will cease to exist in the future if DePaul or St. John's loses tonight.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The league will cease to exist in the future if DePaul or St. John's loses tonight.
No but a loss by both jeopardizes not only St. John's at-large hopes but could likely sink the league down to 4 bids.

Reaction Score
I like Bediako for Seton Hall. He doesn't get the ball enough.

Weird that the spread was only Missouri -2.5. I would have thought Missouri -7 or -8 was more appropriate. Is Missouri missing someone?
Was just looking up some UConn guys and he is shockingly high in RAPM. One of the highest ranked guys in the Big East. The highest ranked non-UConn or Marquette player.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I shudder wondering what will become of the league if either Big East team loses this game.

One thing that is weird is that the Big East closed with a 9-3 run in its last 12 games against P6 competition, and the KenPom ranking didn't move much.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
One thing that is weird is that the Big East closed with a 9-3 run in its last 12 games against P6 competition, and the KenPom ranking didn't move much.
That's what happens when Creighton drops a game to UNLV, Marquette struggles with St. Thomas, and Xavier loses to Delaware.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That's what happens when Creighton drops a game to UNLV, Marquette struggles with St. Thomas, and Xavier loses to Delaware.

Delaware game was before that stretch (I was starting on 12/9), and a close win shouldn't move the needle that much, particularly when the SEC and Big 10 had several of their own in the last week. Creighton losing to UNLV was a bad loss, but other leagues had bad losses too and none of them had the same run the Big East had since last Saturday.

Reaction Score
Damn, I got off work late. I knew I should have placed a bet on Butler at home against GTown or put it in a parlay.

Forget what you thought of Butler the last 3 years UConn has been in the Big East. Those Butler teams you pretty much knew every defender could have a foot in the paint let the Butler players shoot uncontested jumpers and 3 pointers knowing they would miss. UConn's defense could rest the whole game. This Butler team, from what I have seen this season and in this GTown game, have more firepower and some sharpshooters from 3 point land. And of course they have Posh Alexander who plays his role well and is a defensive menace to opposing ball handlers.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

And then the Big East doesn't play a single game in 5 days and has almost caught the SEC in KenPom.

Reaction Score
Erik Haslam had an interesting method of taking the average positions of the top-5, middle-5, and bottom-5 teams from each conference, and then averaging those three rankings. Using that method, the middle of the Big East rates really well compared to other conferences, and we’re third overall.

For whatever reason, his rating system is lower on us than others. He has Marquette at #11, Nova at #14, Creighton at #15, and UConn at #16. His system rated us highly last year, like everyone else’s.

Reaction Score
Oh, and Georgetown and DePaul absolutely kill our average team rating.

Blows my mind that DePaul is playing Chicago State tonight and honestly, that game is a toss up.

That being said, good for the NEC to add a program on the rise.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
And then the Big East doesn't play a single game in 5 days and has almost caught the SEC in KenPom.

The Big East was clearly the #4 league in KenPom Sunday morning, meaningfully behind the SEC and Big 10. The Big East has not played since, but passed the Big 10 and is .02 behind the SEC.

If the Big East took another week off it could pass the Big 12. ;)

Reaction Score
For those who don't like Pitino and enjoy rooting for underdog mid-majors, Hofstra faces St. John's at noon today on FS1.

In their third season under the leadership of Hempstead lifer and former Hofstra great Speedy Claxton, Hofstra is yet again one of the best teams in the CAA, along with UNCW, Charleston, Drexel and Delaware.

New Haven native, Amity grad and former Sacred Heart star Tyler Thomas is Hofstra's best player and arguably the best player in the CAA (22.1p, 3.3a, 39.5 3P%, 94.1 FT%).

Reaction Score
For those who don't like Pitino and enjoy rooting for underdog mid-majors, Hofstra faces St. John's at noon today on FS1.

In their third season under the leadership of Hempstead lifer and former Hofstra great Speedy Claxton, Hofstra is yet again one of the best teams in the CAA, along with UNCW, Charleston, Drexel and Delaware.

New Haven native, Amity grad and former Sacred Heart star Tyler Thomas is Hofstra's best player and arguably the best player in the CAA (22.1p, 3.3a, 39.5 3P%, 94.1 FT%).
I'll definitely be catching that game followed by Creighton @ Marquette at 2pm. Might even check out Chicago St @ DePaul at 4, because DePaul is favored by 7.5 which is the most they'll be favored by for the next 11 months and I feel like they're going to lose

Reaction Score
on a side Houston concludes their insanely difficult non-conf slate today looking to go 13-0 with a home game vs Penn ;)

Reaction Score
St Johns, who played us pretty much to the final possession, is struggling to put away Hofstra

36-32 at halftime. Alleyne has 2 nice threes

Reaction Score
St Johns, who played us pretty much to the final possession, is struggling to put away Hofstra

36-32 at halftime. Alleyne has 2 nice threes
Not surprised actually. Coming off a long layoff against a pretty good mid-major. Figured they would struggle especially 1st half and they are.

Reaction Score
Not surprised actually. Coming off a long layoff against a pretty good mid-major. Figured they would struggle especially 1st half and they are.
I have a feeling they'll pull away in the second half. Soriano has been almost invisible. Can't imagine that will happen for another 20 minutes

Reaction Score
I have a feeling they'll pull away in the second half. Soriano has been almost invisible. Can't imagine that will happen for another 20 minutes
Also no Ledlum today for St. Johns

Reaction Score
Hofstra is better than a couple Big East teams. Well I guess just the 2 obvious ones, which isn't that impressive.

But yeah, pretty good borderline top 100 team.

Reaction Score
Hofstra is better than a couple Big East teams. Well I guess just the 2 obvious ones, which isn't that impressive.

But yeah, pretty good borderline top 100 team.
They aren't missing from 3 in the last 5 minutes and are playing 5 out, pulling Soriano away from the hoop and forcing him to guard out on the perimeter. They are driving on him and kicking it out for open threes.

Reaction Score
Not that St Johns needs an extensive scout, but the scout is out. Bring Soriano to the perimeter and you're free to walk to the hoop whenever you want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom