Big East OOC 2.0 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC 2.0

Reaction Score
Depaul is bad. They are up for 4 to Samford who lost to an NAIA school. 2OT to hopefully beat this is sad. Wow the Big East is bad this year.

Reaction Score
Depaul is bad. They are up for 4 to Samford who lost to an NAIA school. 2OT to hopefully beat this is sad. Wow the Big East is bad this year.
Better than the ACC and Pac.

Reaction Score
This DePaul game ending is brutal basketball. Can we just let Georgetown and Depaul go down a level in basketball and exit the Big East? LOL!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It amazes me that in the era of analytics and charting shots and type of shots, that teams still play 1990's style offense like Providence or Georgetown do. The coaches are making it difficult for their teams to win close games. TCU wins by 13 against a Providence team that is probably a little better than TCU because Dixon is an excellent offensive coach and TCU shot 50% from the field and 50% from 3, and PC was 41.5% and 22.2%. TCU didn't shoot better, TCU took better shots. And that is why they won.

Georgetown clawed all the way back from I believe a 17 point hole to get to be down 62-61, but even in the comeback, the Hoyas were making very tough shots, and they were going to revert to the mean, which they did.

There is a lot that goes into why Providence's shots are so bad. The fact that most of them were pullup jumpers, and most of those contested ones, is a good place to start, but there are other problems with that team's shot selection. It is a longer discussion and probably its own thread if I can find the right article.

The basic goal of basketball is to maximize the quality of your shot on every possession while minimizing the quality of your opponent's shot on every possession of theirs. It seems obvious, but when you look at how Providence and Georgetown plays offensively, I don't think they really internalize that concept.

Reaction Score
He‘s a kid trying his hardest. No need to pile on here.
I really didn’t mean to pile on. I thought the board losing its mind - perhaps with good reason at the time - seems silly now. I have no reason to root against him.

Reaction Score
Creighton Texas tonight in an absolute heavyweight match. Personally, I think Texas is overrated. Oddly Sir'Jabari has significantly outplayed our nemesis Timmy Allen on the year. Marcus Carr feels like he's been around for 8 years and I think theres no reason to believe he's actually become a good shooter after 5 seasons and instead this is just SSS. They should get absolutely bullied inside by Kalkbrenner and Creighton can match up on the wings well too. Texas has the advantage at guard play but I don't think it's that big

Reaction Score
Creighton Texas tonight in an absolute heavyweight match. Personally, I think Texas is overrated. Oddly Sir'Jabari has significantly outplayed our nemesis Timmy Allen on the year. Marcus Carr feels like he's been around for 8 years and I think theres no reason to believe he's actually become a good shooter after 5 seasons and instead this is just SSS. They should get absolutely bullied inside by Kalkbrenner and Creighton can match up on the wings well too. Texas has the advantage at guard play but I don't think it's that big
We played Teddy Allen last year, not Timmy Allen. This is his younger brother

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
58-28. (13-20).

UConn wins; Creighton loses.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Running out of time to continue the streak of going at least .500 against the Power 5.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Running out of time to continue the streak of going at least .500 against the Power 5.

Need 2 of 3 of Xavier/WVU, St. Johns/Iowa State, and Villanova/Oklahoma. Not guaranteed, but doable. After that, the Big East team should be favored or be a small dog in just about every other game vs. P6 opponents.

Reaction Score
Need 2 of 3 of Xavier/WVU, St. Johns/Iowa State, and Villanova/Oklahoma. Not guaranteed, but doable. After that, the Big East team should be favored or be a small dog in just about every other game vs. P6 opponents.
what, you don't think seton hall can beat kansas???

(neither do i lol)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Remaining games vs. P6:

Seton Hall at Kansas (right now)

Assuming SHU loses, the Big East is 13-21 at the end of tonight.

South Carolina at Georgetown
Oklahoma at Villanova
Wisconsin at Marquette
West Virginia at Xavier
St. Johns at Iowa State
Nebraska at Creighton
Uconn at Florida
Georgetown at Syracuse
Butler at California
Marquette at Notre Dame
Seton Hall at Rutgers
Arizona State at Creighton
Depaul at Northwestern
St. Johns at Florida State

The Big East needs to go 11-3 the rest of the way to end up .500 against the other P6. Not easy, not impossible. Seton Hall at Rutgers is probably the only game on that list where the Big East school will be a 5 point dog or worse.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Kansas' Gradey Dick (actually his name) just missed a wide open dunk and the refs bailed him out with a foul call. There was no one within a couple of feet of him. Home cooking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom