Big East OOC 2.0 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC 2.0

Reaction Score
JC needed Kemba more than Kemba needed JC.

This is a sheer blasphemy! No disrespect to Kemba, but JC coaching on the gauntlet of BE tourney and NCAA tourney was nothing short of masterful and unparalleled! The plays for lamb, the design to let Kemba play off ball…

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Georgetown has some guys that can play. It may be time to call it on the Patrick Ewing era. Take the “coach death watch” pressure off the players and just let them play.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I hate when refs stop calling fouls just because one team is down. KState is just hacking.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Late games are both going badly for Big East.

Cooley may just have caught lightening in a bottle last season, because this offensive does not look well coached at all. There is no ball movement, just a lot of dribbling with no purpose resulting in a lot of low percentage step back and jab step, contested jumpers, or kamikaze drives into a crowded paint. I am sure TCU is playing tough defense, but this Providence offense kind of sucks.

Reaction Score
Providence does not look very impressive. Getting pretty well dominated by TCU. I am surprised Floyd couldn’t earn a spot in this rotation. Not a great sign.

Reaction Score
Akok is still doing very little for a putrid Georgetown team and he's getting 35 mpg.

Reaction Score
Akok is still doing very little for a putrid Georgetown team and he's getting 35 mpg.
Zero points for AKOK tonight. Somewhat shocking. Ewing working his magic.

According to the Boxscore Floyd didn't even play tonight for Providence.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
56-27. (12-19).

Providence and Georgetown lose; Xavier wins.

caw

Reaction Score
Zero points for AKOK tonight. Somewhat shocking. Ewing working his magic.

According to the Boxscore Floyd didn't even play tonight for Providence.

Is Floyd injured or just that bad? Didn't watch the game.

Reaction Score
He does not appear to be in the rotation.
He committed to a program with 5 guards already on their scholarship grid, all of whom were either more experienced, an equivalent recruit, and/or more accomplished.

Bynum and Breed already there.
Pierre committed in 2021.
Locke committed Apr 15.
Carter committed Apr 17.

Floyd committed Apr 24.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is a sheer blasphemy! No disrespect to Kemba, but JC coaching on the gauntlet of BE tourney and NCAA tourney was nothing short of masterful and unparalleled! The plays for lamb, the design to let Kemba play off ball…
What was so good about JC's coaching in 2011? He taught Kemba how to make the step back 3? He made sure the Arizona guys missed those 2 late 3's.
Teams don't coach themselves. Not saying Ollie was great hall of fame coach but no need to over praise JC's 2011 year and under praise Ollie's 2014 year. Both were masterful jobs but it's the Jimmie's and Joe's not the x's and o's that are the driving force for winning NCAA championships - with help from a few missed opponent 3's and an unlikely Brimah offensive rebound, basket and foul shot make to save a one and done 2014.

Reaction Score
He committed to a program with 5 guards already on their scholarship grid, all of whom were either more experienced, higher ranked recruit, and/or more accomplished.

Seems like a rash decision in retrospect but he certainly wouldn’t be getting much, if any, time here at least this year. I do have to say that the hand wringing when he left is amusing to think of now.

Reaction Score
Seems like a rash decision in retrospect but he certainly wouldn’t be getting much, if any, time here at least this year. I do have to say that the hand wringing when he left is amusing to think of now.
The way we reacted at the transfers, you would have thought that Akok, Sool, Gaff & CFJ would have been playing like, idk….. AK, Newton, Diarra & Joey C?

caw

Reaction Score

He at the least is still very young, IIRC.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
DePaul blows a five point lead with 11 seconds to go. OT.

Reaction Score
The general consensus here was that he was in line for a decent sized bench role. I think the fact that he can’t crack the rotation at all on a very mediocre team means that was probably wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom