Big East OOC 2.0 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC 2.0

Reaction Score
3 pointer gives the eagles a 51-25 lead at the half! Holy smokes!

Reaction Score
Up by 25 with less than a minute to go in first half. We be a huge win for BE.

Reaction Score
Marquette took Baylor to the woodshed. I'd say the Eagles are legit.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
My predictions for the league as of right now:

Locks: UConn, Creighton
Looking good: St. John's, Marquette, Xavier
Wrong side of the glass: Providence
Bad but not atrocious: Seton Hall, Butler
Really bad: Villanova, DePaul, Georgetown

Reaction Score
Absolutely crazy outcome in the Marquette vs. Baylor game - should be getting more attention. Huge for the league… and our ranking hopefully ;)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Marquette looks good. Shaka Smart's teams are actually better without a star player slowing down the offense. They just play good team ball, but when a star like Justin Lewis starts demanding touches, it gums up their flow.

That Purdue loss must hurt Marquette. They were up 58-49 with under 10 minutes left, and couldn't close out the Boilermakers, and Purdue is good. That win would have been worth a bump of 1 or 2 seed lines on Selection Sunday.

I could have lived with 3-7 out of the Big 12-Big East Battle going into tonight, but maybe the Big East can win 5 or 6 now.

Reaction Score
My predictions for the league as of right now:

Locks: UConn, Creighton
Looking good: St. John's, Marquette, Xavier
Wrong side of the glass: Providence
Bad but not atrocious: Seton Hall, Butler
Really bad: Villanova, DePaul, Georgetown
I think Nova is at least in that SH/Butler group by the end of the year

Reaction Score
I’m actually excited for the Kansas State/Butler game as a nice appetizer before the Boneyard draft.

Jayden Taylor, who didn’t do much for me last year, has been amazing so far while Manny Bates has been one of the best transfer pickups. Butler doesn’t have a ton of depth, but have Akron sharpshooter Ali Ali on the shelf.

Kansas State is light years better than last year. Good to see Keyontae Johnson back to his dominant self after a heart scare. I love watching undersized guards and 5’7 Marquis Nowell is one of the best. Another underrated transfer pick up is VT transfer David N’Guessan, someone I wanted (but am even more happy with Karaban playing how he is) and is a Swiss-army small ball 5.

Reaction Score
So does the BE conference get back to the power of the old days (2011) ? We lost Cuse, Pitt,, Louisville, Notre Dame and replaced them with Creighton and Xavier who turned out to be better?

Reaction Score
Huge slate tonight; Providence plays an incredibly overrated TCU team, Butler plays a really good KState team and GTown gets a TTU team that hasnt beaten anyone yet. Getting 2 out of 3 here is a must for the Big East to continue getting some momentum in the last two weeks before conference play

Reaction Score
I think this is going to be a important year for the big east… I believe our tv contract negotiations will start in March… we need people watching the big east on tv this year… not sure about St Johns … but the other 4 have a big fan base… would be nice if Villanova got there act together

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I think this is going to be a important year for the big east… I believe our tv contract negotiations will start in March… we need people watching the big east on tv this year… not sure about St Johns … but the other 4 have a big fan base… would be nice if Villanova got there act together
I think St John's will be formidable. I kind of expect a barn burner against them. NYC (our second home) needs something to cheer about. This could be the year they turn things around after so much disappointment in the past. I hope they do well except against us. ;)

Reaction Score
This is my first time watching Butler this season and they look so much better than last year.

Manny Bates is a huge improvement over Bryce Golden and both Jayden Taylor and Simas Lukosius look more consistent this year.

Personally, I wasn't an Aaron Thompson fan either and think Eric Hunter is an upgrade.

This overall upgrade in talent will help Chuck Harris too: he no longer has to be "the man" on offense...I expect his efficiency to improve too.

Reaction Score
This is my first time watching Butler this season and they look so much better than last year.

Manny Bates is a huge improvement over Bryce Golden and both Jayden Taylor and Simas Lukosius look more consistent this year.

Personally, I wasn't an Aaron Thompson fan either and think Eric Hunter is an upgrade.

This overall upgrade in talent will help Chuck Harris too: he no longer has to be "the man" on offense...I expect his efficiency to improve too.
They are really taking it to K State right now

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

They may not keep this up. This is still a mid major caliber roster, but Matta is a coaching upgrade, even if he doesn’t have the talent to play his style.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom