Big East OOC 2.0 | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC 2.0

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
In the Villanova game, Neptune looks scared on the sideline, and his team playing scared. He literally looks like he is going to cake his pants. Some guys are just not cut out for the big job.

Even the refs don't respect Neptune. Nova steals the ball up 4 with about 40 seconds left, and the ball gets passed up to Longino for a layup. An Oklahoma player tomahawks Longino across the neck and face, and Longino ends up hitting 1 of 2 free throws. But it should have been 2 FT's and the ball. Can you imagine the refs not giving Calhoun or even Hurley the flagrant foul call in that situation? Then, with under 10 seconds left, up 69-66, Villanova tries to foul Oklahoma and the refs don't give them the call, letting an Oklahoma player get a wide open 3 look that rims out. That is just disrespectful to the coach.
He should change his name to Uranus.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just so bad. They really need to move on from Ewing.
I watched them for the first time. That offense is just like our old Ollie offense. It’s 20 years out of date, which isn’t surprising since its Ewing. Everything is based on the dribble, and most guys just stand around.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I watched them for the first time. That offense is just like our old Ollie offense. It’s 20 years out of date, which isn’t surprising since its Ewing. Everything is based on the dribble, and most guys just stand around.

Do we need to drag Ollie into every thread?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Wisconsin shooting the lights out on Marquette. Not much anyone can do about that.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Yikes. KO had a lot of problems, ( eventually giving up on recruiting, talent retention, engagement…. Etc… etc…) coaching offense was at the bottom of those problems. Bad take .

When we had talent and KO was still engaged we were running some of the most sophisticated stuff in college hoops.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Marquette is shooting 62.5% from 3.

And Wisconsin is shooting 64% overall, which is why they are winning.

Edit: Hepburn, who is 4 for 4 from 3 and 6 for 6 overall, may not be coming back for Wisconsin.

Reaction Score
Electric atmosphere at the Gentile Arena. DePaul/Loyola-Chicago are going to OT tied at 60.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This Wisconsin team is tough. Missing one of their leading scorers, they are going punch for punch with a good Marquette team. Wisconsin is making just enough plays to stay in front. I am always impressed by teams that can get outplayed and still hold onto the lead.

This is just a great game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Exactly the thought I had. ISO everywhere, lots of contested and just bad shot selection, and not much scheme to actually get good looks. It’s atrocious.

Reaction Score
Nice win for Nova. Their record is really deceiving, they're going to be good.
What's the story with Justin Moore? Any chance he comes back this year? I'd imagine even if he does he won't be the same player until next season anyway.

Reaction Score
Yikes. KO had a lot of problems, ( eventually giving up on recruiting, talent retention, engagement…. Etc… etc…) coaching offense was at the bottom of those problems. Bad take .

When we had talent and KO was still engaged we were running some of the most sophisticated stuff in college hoops.
I took his point as being about those last few years when Ollie was mailing it in.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I took his point as being about those last few years when Ollie was mailing it in.
Even then ko’s offensive sets were good. We couldn’t execute and ultimately that’s on him because he couldn’t deliver. But the guy was running NBA offensive sets. To his detriment , because by the time he gave up we shouldn’t have been. But to call him a bad offensive coach is just inaccurate.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
62-31 (14-23).

Villanova, Butler, Providence, and DePaul win; Georgetown and Marquette lose.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Even then ko’s offensive sets were good. We couldn’t execute and ultimately that’s on him because he couldn’t deliver. But the guy was running NBA offensive sets. To his detriment , because by the time he gave up we shouldn’t have been. But to call him a bad offensive coach is just inaccurate.
His defense was good. His offense was awful. 90s era NBA stuff. Had to have really special guard play to get anything, which at times he had. Horrible ball movement and off the ball movement. But we can agree to disagree on this. I wasn’t trying to bash him, it genuinely looked similar, and the Georgetown guards weren’t bad at breaking down their man.

Reaction Score
Really tough loss for Marquette after what looked like a very strong second half. Xavier in a dog fight with Huggy Bear’s crew right now.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Xavier just has to win if it wants to be a tournament team. It has had enough “good losses”.

Reaction Score
Hero ball 1 on 1 clear outs isn’t necessarily good offensive sets. He was incapable of adapting to his entire roster, and struggled without a ball dominant guard to run his program. He deserved every chance he got, but ultimately his offense is why he’s no longer here.

End of the day, it landed us Hurley. And however that needed to happen, I’m pretty good with at this moment in time lol.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
His defense was good. His offense was awful. 90s era NBA stuff. Had to have really special guard play to get anything, which at times he had. Horrible ball movement and off the ball movement. But we can agree to disagree on this. I wasn’t trying to bash him, it genuinely looked similar, and the Georgetown guards weren’t bad at breaking down their man.

Wrong. Ollie’s offense was fine through 2016. As it became harder to recruit as the Big East went further into the rear view mirror, the offense looked worse. Who would have thought that being the northern outpost in a southern mid major would kill our athletic program? Well, I did, and so did several others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom