Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux! | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
will be praying for you tomorrow in church.

cincinnati will be receiving a full share in ‘25 which will be nearly quadruple the church league and are a very important add to the big 12.

numbers don’t lie and everyone can see how poorly rated any big east game is on fox. doesn’t bode well for future tv negotiations.

reality is slowing setting among the mid majors that they are so far behind and will never catch up, this is why uconn media members and boosters are talking to any one who will listen trying to convince themselves that the big 12 is interested in them.

again, prayers to you and your family. you will need it.
Ah, so in 2025 you will be getting a full share. What are you getting now again, like $.10 on the dollar or something? Why was it that you didn't get a full share? Oh that's right, you are valued so little by the big 12s media partners that they actually wouldn't pay a dollar for your tv rights. The other big 12 schools had to pass the collection plate to come up with a few bucks to be able to pay you. Personally, I think it's really nice. I don't think there's any shame at all in your school being considered, well, a charity case.

Really, Kobe, trying to victory lap the fact that you were a discounted emergency patch when OU and Texas bailed is, well, so very Cincinnati. Lol! I mean I totally get it, it's tough for the Bearcats to find much to feel good about. So, this is something for you. That's nice, I guess.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Why wait for the ACC to implode then hope we get in with the leftovers? Get the money now. After a few years we're in a better position. If there was some other disruption we're in a better/higher place. Worst case we fall to those ACC leftovers. Why wait? Not get money.? Not change our reputation? Hope to get called up 5 years from now?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I found this to be very candid by Yormark. Makes it seem like they were more lucky to get the deal they got than deserving. Not sure it was smart to say that
Unless it was said to reinforce the idea that the status quo won't produce results anymore in thus conferences need to think about a new paradigm to continue to increase earnings.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It might not have been in the conference’s interests, but he might have said it so his constituents realize what a great job he is doing.
Right, it's a reminder to the ruck that he knows what he's doing.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
And that the Pac 12 is in precarious position and the between the lines was directed at Colorado

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
When I read something like this, I’m asking is this fact or opinion? Is it sourced that the presidents need more convincing about UConn?

UConn is also on Yormark’s radar, but he’ll need to build consensus among Big 12 ADs and presidents about the Huskies being a valuable addition for the league if he goes in that direction. Yormark has also said he’s “perfectly fine” with staying at 12 members, which might end up being the case for now if Colorado does stick with the Pac-12.

Reaction Score
When I read something like this, I’m asking is this fact or opinion? Is it sourced that the presidents need more convincing about UConn?

UConn is also on Yormark’s radar, but he’ll need to build consensus among Big 12 ADs and presidents about the Huskies being a valuable addition for the league if he goes in that direction. Yormark has also said he’s “perfectly fine” with staying at 12 members, which might end up being the case for now if Colorado does stick with the Pac-12.
All of this is speculation. The people with decision making power aren't going to blab to random people (especially journalists) about what they actually think. That being said, most likely UConn is seen as a good addition by presidents of Big 12 schools because the presidents care about recruiting high performing students and students who come from families that can pay full tuition. New England/ New York has a huge number of these students and is currently a mostly untapped area for Big 12 schools.

Reaction Score
It might not have been in the conference’s interests, but he might have said it so his constituents realize what a great job he is doing.
That’s a very interesting thought and seems probable. Everyone has been calling them the #3 conference because they are number 3 in money and this is him saying we aren’t number 3 we got there at the right time and if we sit on our hands now proud of our deal we will get passed by.

Reaction Score

I wonder about this, too. It's almost as if they can't believe that UConn would be wanted and they are projecting it onto the presidents.

Reaction Score

It hasn't been confirmed that we would be a prorated add, which can be the hold up.

There might also be some AD who don't see our addition in good light cause they would be even further down the pecking order (couch Cincinnati cough)

Reaction Score
I have not seen much support from any Big 12 President or AD, just from the Commissioner.

Reaction Score
It’s likely that the ACC will get a huge payout when their media rights expire. I would not be surprised if ND joined full time in the next few years. It gives them a conference that they can control and actually win in.

Reaction Score
I have not seen much support from any Big 12 President or AD, just from the Commissioner.
There was an article on KU Sports about 3 weeks ago that stated "Kansas was impressed with the support and resources of UConn in a pro centric region of the country." One of WVU'S top donors said UConn he thought UConn should be added. Baylor supports it. The support is there, the situation has to be right also.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There was an article on KU Sports about 3 weeks ago that stated "Kansas was impressed with the support and resources of UConn in a pro centric region of the country." One of WVU'S top donors said UConn he thought UConn should be added. Baylor supports it. The support is there, the situation has to be right also.
I would think WV supports it, their brand in the northeast and mid Atlantic coast has disappeared after moving to the B12. Would think UCF and Houston are schools not necessarily opposed either per se.

Reaction Score
The basketball programs in the ACC supported UConn, it was the football programs who didn't. Where does Oklahoma State, Kansas State, TCU, Texas Tech stand?

I think it's pretty clear the commish wants UConn, doesn't seem all that convincing most of the schools want UConn.

Reaction Score
The basketball programs in the ACC supported UConn, it was the football programs who didn't. Where does Oklahoma State, Kansas State, TCU, Texas Tech stand?

I think it's pretty clear the commish wants UConn, doesn't seem all that convincing most of the schools want UConn.
It's not UConn as much as the perception of adding only G5. I know you guys don't want to hear that stuff, but it's reality. That's why UConn pairing with a PAC school matters so much. It shouldn't but it does.

Reaction Score
It's not UConn as much as the perception of adding only G5. I know you guys don't want to hear that stuff, but it's reality. That's why UConn pairing with a PAC school matters so much. It shouldn't but it does.

I don't understand how adding nobody is preferable to adding UConn as a stand alone, that makes no sense IMO.

The B12 just added four G5 schools and it has been received well, what is the harm with adding the hottest basketball program in the country (Men's and Women's)?

and UConn football has proven that when given the opportunity to compete in a P5 level conference that it can succeed, and that was before the advent of the transfer portal and NIL, both of which will give UConn football recruiting prowess it did not have in the old Big East football conference.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
I don't understand how adding nobody is preferable to adding UConn as a stand alone, that makes no sense IMO.

The B12 just added four G5 schools and it has been received well, what is the harm with adding the hottest basketball program in the country (Men's and Women's)?

and UConn football has proven that when given the opportunity to compete in a P5 level conference that it can succeed, and that was before the advent of the transfer portal and NIL, both of which will give UConn football recruiting prowess it did not have in the old Big East football conference.
Most college sport fans are mainly football fans, adding a team that has been as bad as we have in football compared to a BYU who won a national title, UCF who was the best G5 program for a good bit there, Cinci who made the CFP, and Houston who has been really good and has beaten P5 schools consistently in recent memory will be received bad alone, that's not saying we can't and haven't gotten better that's saying our perception as a terrible football program is the reason why the B12 is so hesitant to do it without a P5 school

Reaction Score
Most college sport fans are mainly football fans, adding a team that has been as bad as we have in football compared to a BYU who won a national title, UCF who was the best G5 program for a good bit there, Cinci who made the CFP, and Houston who has been really good and has beaten P5 schools consistently in recent memory will be received bad alone, that's not saying we can't and haven't gotten better that's saying our perception as a terrible football program is the reason why the B12 is so hesitant to do it without a P5 school

and over the last 25 years how many championships have those schools won? How many times have they even finished ranked in the top ten in football?

In the last 25 years UConn has won 5 men's titles and 10 Women's titles., and we won two Big East football titles and played in a Fiesta Bowl.

So back to my point, those schools are good additions to the B12 and we are not? It's preferable to add nobody than to add UConn?

It's also important to remember that with the legalization of gambling, basketball viewership will likely continue to grow, anyone who says football means everything and basketball means nothing has their head buried in the sand.

Reaction Score
I looked it up, in the last 25 years Houston, BYU, Cincy and UCF have combined for 5 top ten football finishes. 3 by Cincy and 2 by UCF. BYU and Houston haven't accomplished much of anything.

At the very least UConn has to be considered a much better addition than Houston.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom