Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux! | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux!

GG

Reaction Score
Yormark is trying to get the Arizona schools to go to 16. But if one Arizona school moves the entire PAC may collapse. Where do Washington and Oregon go if the B1G doesn't offer?? Going to be interesting.
In that scenario, is UCONN left out? If it is just Arizona schools & Colorado, there is obviously a place for us (Assuming Utah is not the next add). But if the pac 12 starts falling apart, will he be looking at other schools to leapfrog us?

Also, the rumor is that the Big Ten has legitimate interest in both Oregon and Washington, and those schools had previously been vetted.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The nice thing about being Charlie Brown is acceptance. Lucy provides no hope. The football is nothing but a void. We will still run towards the ball, failure all but inevitable. There is no longer any belief that Lucy can change. Nothing changes. We rear up, swinging our foot. The ball eludes us. We fall on our back, again. Staring at the sky, feeling nothing; neither disappointment, nor hope.

One must imagine Charlie Brown happy.

Eat Arby's

Reaction Score
It hasn't changed. But if you can entice the Arizona schools to come along, you do it. Utah is the one that is getting screwed.

But why wait on that to make UConn official? Are they hoping other pac 12 schools get interested?

Reaction Score
The B12, like the ACC knows UConn is for the taking anytime they want. They don’t need to grab us until the very last minute if need be. If the B12 can grab other PAC teams that they can pry away they will.
It just business.
I hate how correct this is. My only hope is that the machinations here have gotten the ACC worried, so our value jumps because now there could be two suitors thinking they need to get us so the other doesn’t (see ACC commissioner comment).

Reaction Score
But why wait on that to make UConn official? Are they hoping other pac 12 schools get interested?
Because this GoKU guy knows nothing. The B12 got CU already. If this was their plan, UConn’s invite would have came at the exact same time. McMurphy already told us what’s happening. We’re behind every single Pac school in the pecking order. 1 more Pac defection and it’s over for us

Reaction Score
If the plan was truly if Colorado comes, UConn will come too, we’ll know today. If not, our name was out there so other PAC schools knew that they better jump now before there wasn’t room. That much is clear.

The only thing we don’t know is whether the plan was to use us as bait ONLY, or whether after we are used to try to get other PAC schools we will be invited. I’ve made my hunch on that clear, but none of us know that. We will have to see it play out.

Reaction Score
Because this GoKU guy knows nothing. The B12 got CU already. If this was their plan, UConn’s invite would have came at the exact same time. McMurphy already told us what’s happening. We’re behind every single Pac school in the pecking order. 1 more Pac defection and it’s over for us

That’s what McMurphy believes. But the Athletic reported something different.

We will find out here pretty soon.

Reaction Score
Does the Big 12 think they can land Oregon and Washington now? I sense a lot of arrogance with some B12 fans today because of the Colorado announcement. Some B12 fans are now thinking B12 can land Oregon and Washington.

I certainly hope Yormark is smarter than those fans. UCONN would give B12 access to the Northeast market. B12 just getting more eyeballs in the PST won't help with its national footprint.
It doesn't matter what fans on Twitter think.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not my notion. As I said DH is the man for the job and I truly believe he could be successful in any conference. But we won't be 1A in the B12 and that's meaningful
Which teams do you think we can't compete with? Because if we're winning games we're not 1A we are just #1.

For what it's worth, you do realize we were neither the regular season nor Big East Tournament champions this year, correct?

Reaction Score
The B12, like the ACC knows UConn is for the taking anytime they want. They don’t need to grab us until the very last minute if need be. If the B12 can grab other PAC teams that they can pry away they will.
It just business.
I'm not sure that holds true if each conference thinks the other is also interested. If two conferences are interested in UConn there is a risk that the conference that waits could lose out. I have no idea if the ACC has any interest in UConn or not, but if they do, they should consider acting sooner rather than later.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Which teams do you think we can't compete with? Because if we're winning games we're not 1A we are just #1.

For what it's worth, you do realize we were neither the regular season nor Big East Tournament champions this year, correct?
I don't even like the "Big Dog" argument. We re-joined the Big East when Jay Wright was still at Nova. At best we'd share the spotlight. We always did in the old Big East as well. This wouldn't be a change. Duke and UNC are better for being together.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter what fans on Twitter think.

Fans on Twitter, fans on Reddit and most of these writers who are about to be replaced by ChatGPT do not matter.

These writers think they can read the tea leaves but they might be basing their analysis on old assumptions.

If Yormark is serious about the basketball thing. That means UConn, and little else.

The question is whether or not the Big 12 member institutions let him do it.

Of course this could also be a smokescreen and we are bait or we will get screwed in the 11th hour by Lucy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't even like the "Big Dog" argument. We re-joined the Big East when Jay Wright was still at Nova. At best we'd share the spotlight. We always did in the old Big East as well. This wouldn't be a change. Duke and UNC are better for being together.
I feel like annual the UConn/Kansas home and away games become must see TV. That matchup is one of the things I am most looking forward to about (potentially) joining the big 12.

Plus, I kind of want to beat them. That 0-3 is annoying.

Reaction Score
Fans on Twitter, fans on Reddit and most of these writers who are about to be replaced by ChatGPT do not matter.

These writers think they can read the tea leaves but they might be basing their analysis on old assumptions.

If Yormark is serious about the basketball thing. That means UConn, and little else.

The question is whether or not the Big 12 member institutions let him do it.

Of course this could also be a smokescreen and we are bait or we will get screwed in the 11th hour by Lucy.
Agreed - I'd only add that these "writers" (as opposed to journalists) need to make all sorts of multiple posts a day to generate views/likes/shares. It's just turned into a cesspool guesses, head fakes, bs info, etc.

Reaction Score

Haha, I don't miss mbb games so yes I know that. I also know we are 1-6 all time vs Creighton. And yet we are still seen as the face of the Big East. That dynamic is largely due to our history. People still think of Kemba's buzzer beater when they think of the Big East and BET.

Building a rapport that usurps Kansas for that position in the B12 will be tough. Even if we play the role of Creighton and beat them a bunch.

That said, bring it on :cool:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I feel like annual the UConn/Kansas home and away games become must see TV. That matchup is one of the things I am most looking forward to about (potentially) joining the big 12.

Plus, I kind of want to beat them. That 0-3 is annoying.
We can start the winning this December. That game would be like Duke/UNC every year.

How much time have we spent over the last 12 months talking about whether we have a rival anymore? Is PC one etc. Guess what, Mizzou is gone and Kansas doesn't have one either. Yes, K-State is a big game. But a true rival? No. They need one just like we do. It really could blossom into something epic.

Reaction Score
If the plan was truly if Colorado comes, UConn will come too, we’ll know today. If not, our name was out there so other PAC schools knew that they better jump now before there wasn’t room. That much is clear.

The only thing we don’t know is whether the plan was to use us as bait ONLY, or whether after we are used to try to get other PAC schools we will be invited. I’ve made my hunch on that clear, but none of us know that. We will have to see it play out.
Exactly.

Reaction Score
Talent is a big part of it, Deion's bringing a lot of it to Boulder. I'm a big fan of UConn's guy but he isn't bringing in nearly as much talent as Deion is.
UConn is a G5 Independent to put it bluntly. CO is a P5 albeit recently having their struggles. The levels are different. You are measuring apples and oranges. Let's see how Deion does before he gets the crown of program savior.

Reaction Score
Does the Big 12 think they can land Oregon and Washington now? I sense a lot of arrogance with some B12 fans today because of the Colorado announcement. Some B12 fans are now thinking B12 can land Oregon and Washington.

I certainly hope Yormark is smarter than those fans. UCONN would give B12 access to the Northeast market. B12 just getting more eyeballs in the PST won't help with its national footprint.
I haven't heard anything regarding those schools and the Big 12.

Reaction Score

I agree for most part. The longer Big 12 waits, less likely UConn is next target. Doesn’t mean UConn won’t be next, just means others have to decide against Big 12.

What I don’t understand is ACC. We’re in their backyard. We would make ACC top BB conference by far. Academically it’s a fit.
They are dying on the vine.

You’d think they would work with ESPN to get UConn into fold. But instead they have nothing. Just proves they are all stuck for next 13 years just staying on current path.
UConn is a G5 Independent to put it bluntly. CO is a P5 albeit recently having their struggles. The levels are different. You are measuring apples and oranges. Let's see how Deion does before he gets the crown of program savior.
I think UConn is above G5. We are one of two former BCS schools not currently in P5 conference.
It’s clear the power players put an ‘*’ next to us but you can’t take away the history in Big East football. And while most said it would take a decade at least, UConn became competitive very quickly.
Then the BCS tag was taken away and UConn let the program flounder through three bad coaches.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I haven't heard anything regarding those schools and the Big 12.
Ahhhh I’m sure a bunch of thought when you said this

“Where do Washington and Oregon go if the B1G doesn't offer?? Going to be interesting.”

You were referring to them finding a home in Big 12 but apparently not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom