Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
When I see these giant crowds at their basketball games Creighton strikes me as the rare school that's missing out by not jumping into football. Does anyone remember the last alt-NFL league that died, the UFL? The Omaha Knighthawks were drawing 20,000+ for a startup league with no significance whatsoever. I bet FBS in Omaha would do at least 40K.

Reaction Score
What regrets would they have exactly? They had no choice getting paid 2.5 times more than the AAC schools. Were they going to be a block of Catholic basketball schools in a league where the football members out vote them?

I'm sure 12 months from now they will regret missing trips to Greenville and Tulsa.

Ask Fox. They are the ones saying he BE has made a rough first impression.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ask Fox. They are the ones saying he BE has made a rough first impression.

It Foz regrets the Big East they should regret their whole Fox Sports 1&2 foray. I'm guessing that unlike message board deluisions they didn't think they would build their audience immediately.

This of course is totally besides the fact since the article doesn't even mention television and is focused on how many bids they will receive.

Reaction Score
It Foz regrets the Big East they should regret their whole Fox Sports 1&2 foray. I'm guessing that unlike message board deluisions they didn't think they would build their audience immediately.

This of course is totally besides the fact since the article doesn't even mention television and is focused on how many bids they will receive.

Ask them. They're the ones characterizing the BE as making "rough first impressions."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ask them. They're the ones characterizing the BE as making "rough first impressions."

LOL. One of the best things on the Boneyard is when the opinion of one writer becomes the opinion of ESPN, CBS or Fox.

It's even better when that opinion is gleened from the URL and not the actual content.

Reaction Score
LOL. One of the best things on the Boneyard is when the opinion of one writer becomes the opinion of ESPN, CBS or Fox.

It's even better when that opinion is gleened from the URL and not the actual content.

Regrets: they've had a few, low ratings, sucky basketball. By the way, the article is being treated as fair and right on all over BE boards. Seems FOX's opinion of the rough first impression is shared around BE fanbases.

Keep denying reality and logic, it's what you do best.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Regrets: they've had a few, low ratings, sucky basketball. By the way, the article is being treated as fair and right on all over BE boards. Seems FOX's opinion of the rough first impression is shared around BE fanbases.

Keep denying reality and logic, it's what you do best.

Saying a league is having a down season is hardly the same thing you are saying. Yes their results have been disappointing this season. That's only a grand canyon sized gap from anyone regretting anything.

Someone in the AAC basketball league throwing stones at the Big East is so stupid it's actually funny. You know if you have the sense to look past today and into the future.

Reaction Score
Someone in the AAC basketball league throwing stones at the Big East is so stupid it's actually funny.

Those stones aren't being thrown at the Big East as much as they are being thrown at UCONN fans who think AAC basketball is beneath them (today we are in 5th place). Some UCONN "fans" even suggested the school would be better off ditching or weakening football so we could hang with the C7 on FSiberia1, a comically stupid idea.

Less jaded UCONN fans just want to show a little AAC pride because it happens to be the league we are in, the Big LEast is now the enemy.

Why do you keep defending the enemy?

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Those stones aren't being thrown at the Big East as much as they are being thrown at UCONN fans who think AAC basketball is beneath them (today we are in 5th place). Some UCONN "fans" even suggested the school would be better off ditching or weakening football so we could hang with the C7 on FSiberia1, a comically stupid idea.

Less jaded UCONN fans just want to show a little AAC pride because it happens to be the league we are in, the Big LEast is now the enemy.

Why do you keep defending the enemy?

The Big East is UConn's enemy? Don't get that sentiment. It's just another league. Are the A-10 and Metro Atlantic enemies as well?

Showing AAC pride isn't the same thing as talking nonsense about the Big East.

I can certainly understand the position that someone thinks the AAC is beneath UConn basketball. I don't really think that, but I am finding it nearly impossible to be interested any of the new schools.

I agree that UConn dropping football to join the Big East is sheer lunacy. That doesn't mean I am blind to the reality that the Big East is a better basketball league going forward than the American.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Ratings update: the highest-rated NBE game on FS1 last week had 539,000 viewers. Every other game had fewer than 125,000 viewers. FS2 continues to lag well behind Fuel's ratings as the same network last year.

Reaction Score
Ratings update: the highest-rated NBE game on FS1 last week had 539,000 viewers. Every other game had fewer than 125,000 viewers. FS2 continues to lag well behind Fuel's ratings as the same network last year.

Thanks for the update.

For comparison, what did our game against Houston draw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom