OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 228 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Are you using charcoal in the Ooni? Does that flame up?

Yes I have the multi fuel model so I have been using charcoal. I typically use a chimney starter to get the coals going then dump them in the back and let the oven heat up. I have not had any issues. I usually keep some wood chunks to give the oven a nice temp bump if needed.

Reaction Score
Yes I have the multi fuel model so I have been using charcoal. I typically use a chimney starter to get the coals going then dump them in the back and let the oven heat up. I have not had any issues. I usually keep some wood chunks to give the oven a nice temp bump if needed.
I have the karu 12 and what I’ve noticed works best for me is lump charcoal to start and right before I launch the pizza I add in some wood to get the flame to come over the top. I like a crispy base though so I don’t add too much wood just enough to get a rolling flame over the top and then let it go for a bit before launching. I’ve found my sweet spot to be about 800 F give or take a couple.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Had a small pizza contest with my family last night. Got the Ooni to 895 degrees.

My entry was a shrimp boil pizza. Did a small boil in the afternoon w shrimp, andouille, potatos and corn with garlic and old bay. Made a pizza with a garlic, Mayo, Dijon, butter base and put the rest of the ingredients on top with a layer of fontina. Pretty friggin good and unique.
Sounds dreadful.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
anybody been to gisellas in Danbury? i heard that their pizza was tasty, and the other stuff is quite good. any reviews?
(also. i noticed that Shaq's on the box for a new frosted flakes with cinnamon balls that i saw in the super the other day. bought one. also tasty.)

Reaction Score
Now, that is an odd location. Not even on the main retail strip in Ansonia. With Roseland nearby, it's going to be a tough sell.
They'll will do just fine. Sounds like they needed space for a commercial kitchen and wanted a storefront also. Real Estate (whether they bought or rented) is probably pretty reasonable. And sure Roseland had been in Derby forever but they also are not in a main retail area. I think there is enough business for two outstanding pizza establishments in the valley.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They'll will do just fine. Sounds like they needed space for a commercial kitchen and wanted a storefront also. Real Estate (whether they bought or rented) is probably pretty reasonable. And sure Roseland had been in Derby forever but they also are not in a main retail area. I think there is enough business for two outstanding pizza establishments in the valley.
Especially since they have been selling it at THC for a few years and have already built up brand recognition in the area.

Reaction Score
Has anyone been to Sallys in Stamford yet? Apologies if it was brought up already.. The lines to get in are absurd so I'm hoping it is just as good as New Haven's so its worth the wait OR it's not as good and I can just hit up Colony.

Reaction Score
Has anyone been to Sallys in Stamford yet? Apologies if it was brought up already.. The lines to get in are absurd so I'm hoping it is just as good as New Haven's so its worth the wait OR it's not as good and I can just hit up Colony.
At 50% as good as new haven it still blows colony away by a large margin

Reaction Score
Now, that is an odd location. Not even on the main retail strip in Ansonia. With Roseland nearby, it's going to be a tough sell.
Roseland is very good, easily the best in "the valley". That said, there is certainly plenty of room for both to flourish.

Reaction Score
Tony's Pizza in Willimantic!

Actually, I'm sure that place is long gone, but that was the family place growing up and I remember it fondly. I was 14 before I knew that pizza doesn't usually have little crustless squares in the middle.
It's still there just got home pizza still good not as good as it used to be kids run it now!

Reaction Score
Had Magia in North Haven yesterday for the first time and was very impressed. Right there with anyplace in CT. A hidden gem.
I would disagree. It's pretty good but not on par with any of the top tier imo. Also felt the place was a little bit dirty.

Reaction Score
I would disagree. It's pretty good but not on par with any of the top tier imo. Also felt the place was a little bit dirty.
Disagree all you like, a lot of this is subjective. But theyir plain sauce pie was simply amazing and certainly better than Sally's which people often tout for that exact pie.

Reaction Score
Anyone been to this place in Mystic? Might have been mentioned above.

Free access article:

Reaction Score
Not in Ct. but I had Italian Store in Arlington last night. They are so generous with their cheese which is great flavored too. That’s make or break and where so many places fail, scrimping on the cheese. Wish we had one in Ct.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom