OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 219 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Little Rendezvous in Meriden is good, but I’d recommend Krust, Mondo, or now Sicily in Middletown. I’m a homer though.
I tried little Rendezvous once. It was good, but certainly not great. Mondo was clearly better to me.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Can you post the depiction of Montana Wildhack?
Alas, I returned the book yesterday. But she recalled Valerie Perrine's 1972 movie portrayal, which certainly worked for me as an 18 year old college freshman.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'll never understand this. It's tomato sauce and bread, I'll never understand how so many people find this pie amazing.
I don't understand it either.

Fwiw, I never imagined I'd like the first Ramones album either...every single time up until the moment I lowered the needle. I doubt it would be any different today, but the only copy of the record that I currently have is in its original shrink wrap.

Reaction Score
^ surprised by how quickly the Edit option disappeared on tge above post, so I got stuck with "Vinnegut," "thr," and omitting that sunsets are now "before 8pm," which is Buffalina's closing time.
I had posted in another thread about the delete function and @temery indicated that you have a couple of minutes from your post to delete anything. Must be the same for the edit function too.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Color me confused. If you're a picky eater, which it sounds like you are, and @8893's descriptions of everything he's eaten at Bufalina include multiple ingredients which are not "traditional" pizza toppings, then why would you seek out Bufalina?
I only have to like the pizza I'm eating, and that particular combo seemed appealing. Others that have been mentioned here have as well.
To be clear you can get a pizza with only traditional toppings there. I don’t think that’s where they shine, but it certainly wouldn’t be bad.
On my one pre-expansion visit, I think I chose something pretty pedestrian as a calibration tool and definitely liked it.

I also sat the counter and took close note of all the other pies being made and going in and coming out of the oven. I kept consulting the menu, asked a few simple questions of diners & staff, and got only friendly responses. I remain curious, but making a reservation for a pizza in Guilford doesn't intersect with any days. @storrsroars, your question is certainly understandable, but my first sentence in response is very workable.

The only other creative menu pizza place that I've ever sought out was Roberta's in Bushwick (Brooklyn), and I made a difficult though successful choice between two intriguing options. The majority of the choiced I'd never consider.

Hope that eliminates the confusion.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I tried little Rendezvous once. It was good, but certainly not great. Mondo was clearly better to me.
Interesting to read.

I've done a couple of full moon hikes up Ragged Mountain in Berlin, and each time the leader has made a questionable/quirky choice that has gotten us back down to our cars too late to get to Little Rendezvous before closing. Last time I considered Krust, and the two others in Middletown would also interest me. Thanks to you, and to @I Bleed Blue.

Reaction Score
Mondo is the best pizza in Middletown. Steve Carrell ate there a couple weeks ago, and we all know Michael Scott knows how to pick the best local pizza spots.

Krust is where you go when it’s more of a specialty pie and a few great cocktails kind of night.

Sicily’s new space is amazing but the pizza has been a little hit or miss while they figure out their ovens. The pepperonis themselves were the best part of what I’ve had there so far.

Vero Cucino, in a strip mall just East of 9, is the best non-Main Street option.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mondo is the best pizza in Middletown. Steve Carrell ate there a couple weeks ago, and we all know Michael Scott knows how to pick the best local pizza spots.

Krust is where you go when it’s more of a specialty pie and a few great cocktails kind of night.

Sicily’s new space is amazing but the pizza has been a little hit or miss while they figure out their ovens. The pepperonis themselves were the best part of what I’ve had there so far.

Vero Cucino, in a strip mall just East of 9, is the best non-Main Street option.

✅✅✅✅

Reaction Score
Has anyone been to Dalegana X Nolo? Have not seen them mentioned here.
I’m sure it’s come up - if nothing else in lists of the notable new haven spots. It’s definitely making good, interesting pizzas. They have some really unique toppings that work well - the Honeypot is a favorite of mine.

The crust is unique relative to the traditional, I think they use a sourdough base or something, the crust is breadier and less chewy than a Pepe’s. The atmosphere at Nolo is nice but you’re paying for it. They are more reliable for delivery than Sally’s if that’s important to you…

Reaction Score
I’m sure it’s come up - if nothing else in lists of the notable new haven spots. It’s definitely making good, interesting pizzas. They have some really unique toppings that work well - the Honeypot is a favorite of mine.

The crust is unique relative to the traditional, I think they use a sourdough base or something, the crust is breadier and less chewy than a Pepe’s. The atmosphere at Nolo is nice but you’re paying for it. They are more reliable for delivery than Sally’s if that’s important to you…
There is talk of going there this coming week before a show at Cafe 9. Thank you, good to know.

Reaction Score
Admit it, who is eating Planet Pizza? They are everywhere. No way do I eat that c r a p.

Reaction Score
It's decent but I'd walk a few steps up the street to Modern.
That could also be a possibility. Have been to Modern and I do like it. Just no ones been to Da Leganas before.

Reaction Score
That could also be a possibility. Have been to Modern and I do like it. Just no ones been to Da Leganas before.
if I were going to Cafe 9 after I’d do Sally’s or Zeneli. Then Pepe’s would be my 3rd choice, Bar would be 4th. Then Da Legna. But the beautiful thing is, they are all great. That’s why that dude who said PORTLAND has the best pizza can shove it.

Reaction Score
I don't understand it either.

Fwiw, I never imagined I'd like the first Ramones album either...every single time up until the moment I lowered the needle. I doubt it would be any different today, but the only copy of the record that I currently have is in its original shrink wrap.
Maybe not 100; but way over 50 Ramones shows. Other than College Hill and 1 in Chicago at Cubby Bear, all in the TRI state area.

Gabba Gabba Hey

Reaction Score
Da legna is well known not bad at all just not modern or sally

if I were going to Cafe 9 after I’d do Sally’s or Zeneli. Then Pepe’s would be my 3rd choice, Bar would be 4th. Then Da Legna. But the beautiful thing is, they are all great. That’s why that dude who said PORTLAND has the best pizza can shove it.
So, I and a few of us have been to Pepe's, Sally's and Bar. All very good. The thing is that we all have not been to Da Legna. But @Balker just threw a wrench with Zeneli. I am pushing for Zeneli's now since I completely forgot about them and personally always wanted to try their pie. Will see what happens. Thanks for responding. Decision, decisions, decisions.
200.gif

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom