OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 196 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Good choices! My favorite combos from Bufalina over the years with photographs of the first two:
1. Roasted potatoes, whipped chive creme fraiche, mozz and bacon. Basically scalloped potato pizza is the result here.
2. Heirloom tomato sauce with stracciatella cheese and basil (basil oil in this case because of COVID). The sauce was incredible (sweet and fresh), paired great with the stracciatella. So simple, a nice twist on the classic marg.
3. Pere: pears, caramelized onion, mozz, gorganzola dolce, bacon. Pears are always winners.
4. Roasted bell pepper sauce with stracchino cheese and sausage. I've made this one myself at home after having it, love the flavors the bell peppers bring to the sauce. But still a simple pie.

View attachment 61703 View attachment 61704
The current Bufalina menu has the Tartufo, too. Which my wife really loves. Truffle honey, mozzarella, ricotta. Definitely a good crowd for vegetarians and truffle fans alike.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Im wary of these new specialty pies Pepe tries to get into, but then again the last one (meatball/Riggot) is a great pie. Id try it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
oh come on.
It's a texture thing with me. I hate roasted red peppers. Too slimy. Don't love the taste, either.

Yes, I love raw oysters even though they are also slimy, but that's a totally different sensation for me because they are cold and briny.

Reaction Score
I'm with ya on the red peppers. But I don't mind the texture, it's the taste. Green all the way.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Green are the worst imo; give me the burps.

I love fresh red bell peppers, but yellow and orange are even better imo. And no burps.

Not sure why anyone would prefer unripe peppers. Plus they contaminate, which means even if you remove them the taste lingers.

The sure-fire way to ensure I avoid a pizza is to put green peppers on a cauliflower crust.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not sure why anyone would prefer unripe peppers. Plus they contaminate, which means even if you remove them the taste lingers.

The sure-fire way to ensure I avoid a pizza is to put green peppers on a cauliflower crust.
I’m talking about on a salad or as part of crudités. I don’t like cooked peppers in general.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I’m talking about on a salad or as part of crudités. I don’t like cooked peppers in general.
For the most part, I do not like raw peppers, but rainbow peppers (Yellow, Orange, and Red) are far superior to green, no matter how they are prepared.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For the most part, I do not like raw peppers, but rainbow peppers (Yellow, Orange, and Red) are far superior to green, no matter how they are prepared.

This is my view. Green are simply awful. Not sure how anybody eats them. Red and Orange are ok, but I don't desire them.

I will say that my wife includes red and orange (and sadly some green) in her Jambalaya, and I gladly eat that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Green are the worst imo; give me the burps.

I love fresh red bell peppers, but yellow and orange are even better imo. And no burps.

Red, yellow and orange for chili. Not a big fan of green bell peppers.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Red, yellow and orange for chili. Not a big fan of green bell peppers.
I think this is the main reason so many of us are traumatized by the thought of green bell peppers:

stuffed-bell-peppers.jpg

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I think this is the main reason so many of us are traumatized by the thought of green bell peppers:

stuffed-bell-peppers.jpg
yikes. haven't seen one of those in decades

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Im wary of these new specialty pies Pepe tries to get into, but then again the last one (meatball/Riggot) is a great pie. Id try it.
Meatballs are not chicken. Already fully cooked chicken breast dried out even more in a pizza oven, no thanks. I think chicken "meatballs" might fly, much as I find those insipid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom