OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 201 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Olde World is superb. Very similar in style to Modern. My favorite pizza of the past year.
Olde World's crust is every bit as crispy and charred as Modern. But, I think Modern's has a better taste. Overall, taste and crust, I would say Modern is the best I have had. Sally's is very tasty, but I did not find the crust to be anything out of the ordinary. I have not tried Pepe's so that probably is next.

Reaction Score
I've only heard pizza be referred to as pie when I moved down here. I always thought Dean Martin did it in the song because he needed meter and rhyme.

I think it's redundant. A pizza is a pizza.

when at a diner, what do you put on fries?

a)gravy
b)sauce
c)ketchup

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
when at a diner, what do you put on fries?

a)gravy
b)sauce
c)ketchup
Being an adult, I ask for a side of barbeque, but what what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Last edited:

arch

Reaction Score
Being an adult, I ask for a side of barbeque, what what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Husky25

Reaction Score
I didn't ask what the tea price was. I asked what I dip fries in has to do with it.

Reaction Score
I didn't ask what the tea price was. I asked what I dip fries in has to do with it.
just going back to “pie” being a new haven ct thing. i have idea where you’re from. but pie was always pizza and you put gravy or sauce on fries

Husky25

Reaction Score
just going back to “pie” being a new haven ct thing. i have idea where you’re from. but pie was always pizza and you put gravy or sauce on fries

Live in Connecticut, but I'm from Massachusetts, and my parents (Mom is 100% Italian) are from a predominantly Italian neighborhood in the Capital Region of NY.

First time I recall hearing pizza referred to as "Pie" outside of the song, was in Storrs, not New Haven.

Still don't know what you are getting at re: gravy. There is a diner on Route 9 in Westborough MA that serves an app of fries and brown gravy. I don't typically put tomato sauce on fries.

Ketchup is pretty much a last resort. Whatever you put ketchup on as a 10 year old, BBQ makes it 20x better.

Last edited:

arch

Reaction Score
Oh, OK, I get it now.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
New Haven Style Apizza in Chicago

Meanwhile in the Windy City, Piece Brewery and Pizzeria (founded by the Jacobs brothers from New Haven, friends of the Consiglios) is spreading the apizza love for a good cause:
Rock legend Rick Nielsen (Piece co-owner), has teamed up with his friend, Sammy Hagar, to help save our stages which have been closed due to the pandemic. Rick and Sammy bring you their Classic Rockin' Red 5150 Pizza--a red pizza with extra sausage, sauteed mushrooms, and onions caramelized in Brew Balance, our dry-hopped lager. Every pizza sold benefits the Chicago Independent Venue League (CIVL).

Reaction Score
Definitely not best in Connecticut but my friends place Doma in Branford might have the best pies in Branford currently. Kitchen also has great food maybe best pork chop I’ve ever eaten in a restaurant double cut on the bone

Reaction Score
Definitely not best in Connecticut but my friends place Doma in Branford might have the best pies in Branford currently. Kitchen also has great food maybe best pork chop I’ve ever eaten in a restaurant double cut on the bone
Just opened? Only a few pics online so far, but certainly looks promising. Wood fired?

Coal and Daisies is probably the best pizza in Branford but wouldn’t be too tough to top.

Reaction Score
Just opened? Only a few pics online so far, but certainly looks promising. Wood fired?

Coal and Daisies is probably the best pizza in Branford but wouldn’t be too tough to top.
3 week ago. Wood fired pizza better than coal and daisy's

Where strega use to be

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Kitchen also has great food maybe best pork chop I’ve ever eaten in a restaurant double cut on the bone
Do you know if they brine it?

Best pork chop I ever had was at Adolfo's on Frenchmen in New Orleans. Double cut and grilled, but so moist, tender and tasty that it blew us away. We asked how they do it and they said the secret was brining it.

Reaction Score

Best pork chop I ever had was at Adolfo's on Frenchmen in New Orleans. Double cut and grilled, but so moist, tender and tasty that it blew us away. We asked how they do it and they said the secret was brining it.
Love Adolfo's.

Reaction Score

Not sure but it's super moist I've eaten it 3 times in past week. If I hadn't been involved in tasting of the entire menu its something I would have never ordered

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Love Adolfo's.
Our standard order there is one of us gets whatever fish is freshest, with Ocean Sauce; and the other gets whatever the grilled meat special is.

And Oysters Pernod app.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If I hadn't been involved in tasting of the entire menu its something I would have never ordered
How is the smoked salmon pizza?

I'm more liberal than most in terms of what I'll have or put on a pizza, but I've never seen that before. With the ricotta I'm wondering if it's more of a bagels, lox and cream cheese type of thing they're going for with that one.

Love the Sophia pic on their homepage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom