OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 319 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Brewport is pretty good. I dare say very good. It was recommended to me by my friend who runs the New Haven Pizza School and we hit it before a concert.

Btw, I had a cheese slice from Lorenzo's in West Haven yesterday. It was superb NY style. I mean absolutely delicious.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

-> The Dorchester location is set to open in the South Bay Center off of I-93, while the Concord location is part of a new development. It will include a Starbucks and Chipotle and will be located in the former Papa Razzi Trattoria, according to a Sally’s press release this week.

Both are slated to open in 2025, and a Seaport location is also on the way, its opening date now pushed to 2025 as well. <-

'That looks gross.

Reaction Score
'That looks gross.

It looks like I'd need to take extra strength antacid tables an hour before, during, and up to three hours after having that for dinner.

And then overnight when I wake up to the feeling somebody's stepping on my chest.

Having said that, sauce above the cheese & toppings (deep dish) makes for some really interesting flavors, and the cheese underneath gets to mix with the dough, too. The browned cheese on top really masks things on a 'standard' pie.

Reaction Score
Actually, that photo is the original Sally’s tomato pie with grated pecorino Romano, which New Haven folks have been ordering for almost a century. It’s a fantastic pie, especially if you order it with garlic.
Agree that what’s it suppose to represent… bit thick on both crust and sauce for me (char is fine).

Reaction Score
Actually, that photo is the original Sally’s tomato pie with grated pecorino Romano, which New Haven folks have been ordering for almost a century. It’s a fantastic pie, especially if you order it with garlic.
I like your taste in things but the Sally's tomato pie is arguably the most overrated food there is, it's right up there with the lobster roll.

Reaction Score

Roma's is solid but I'm not sure it's even top 5 in Torrington. Sasso's & Anthony's clear top 2, Giovanni's was always reliable (tho I haven't eaten there in years), and then depending on what you like, there's Marzano's (neapolitan), Pizza Palace (greek) and The Berkshire (kind of defies categorization). Glad to see Roma's getting some good pub tho, and maybe I'll get a pie next time I'm in town.

Sasso's white Tuscan is one of the best pies I've ever had, up there with the New Haven greats. Worth the trip to Torrington for that alone.

Reaction Score
Roma's is solid but I'm not sure it's even top 5 in Torrington. Sasso's & Anthony's clear top 2, Giovanni's was always reliable (tho I haven't eaten there in years), and then depending on what you like, there's Marzano's (neapolitan), Pizza Palace (greek) and The Berkshire (kind of defies categorization). Glad to see Roma's getting some good pub tho, and maybe I'll get a pie next time I'm in town.

Sasso's white Tuscan is one of the best pies I've ever had, up there with the New Haven greats. Worth the trip to Torrington for that alone.
I’m also a big-time Sasso’s white knight. Every time we head up 8 to my sister-in-law’s place just over the Mass border from Norfolk, we stop at Sasso’s. Eggplant parm pie or the white Mediterranean veggie are my go-to’s. Both spectacular.

Reaction Score

Anthony's was my favorite restaurant growing up. Once a week I would go there and always the same order- fried calamari and pepperoni pizza. They were always excellent and Cadia was always so sweet. Years ago it seemed like they changed the pizza recipe and even the calamari and spicy marinara seemed different and we all just stopped going. It's nice to see it's still going strong.

Only had Sasso's once, it was good but we got it to go and ate it at a friend's house so the integrity of it wasn't so great. Need to try it again and eat it there.

Only had Roma's once, it seemed fine but that was it.

I've had Marzano's, good Neopolitan.

I always loved The Berkshire but never was a fan of the pizza. I would always get the salad with the awesome homemade dressing and a cheeseburger grinder. They added a French dip on garlic bread which is really good, other sandwiches, and Mucke's chili dogs. I went there recently and we decided to get a large sausage pizza to go along with the salads we shared despite people telling us their pizza went downhill since it changed owners. It's funny, I really dug the pizza and it was better than I ever remembered it back in the day.

Also had Milestone Pizza in Thomaston which had the good char I love but it's not New Haven level as it's wood fired. Still a really good pizza with good quality charred pepperoni. Also had Hawinton's Hometown Pizza which is just a decent local pizza but man that also hit the spot and they made a pretty killer chicken cutlet grinder.

Connecticut is so much better at pizza than anywhere else and their Italian grinder game is awesome. It's also cheap.
It's sad Shiek's, Salerno's, and Carbone's are all gone from Torrington. Those will always be special places to me.

Reaction Score
Just posted. 8.1.

He doesn’t 100% understand that Torrington pizza isn’t New Haven apizza. It’s like halfway between New Haven style and a New York slice.

I miss it! Even the best in my NYC neighborhood — L’Industrie & Paulie Gee’s — don’t compare.

Reaction Score
He doesn’t 100% understand that Torrington pizza isn’t New Haven apizza. It’s like halfway between New Haven style and a New York slice.

I miss it! Even the best in my NYC neighborhood — L’Industrie & Paulie Gee’s — don’t compare.
You’re right… although I have a serious weakness for L’Industrie. Just a spectacular slice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom