Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
i like that.

For some weird reason the one in Deep River has them but the one in Centerbrook doesnt but they have a chorizo EC biscuit. I like the wrap better.
It’s too greasy on the biscuit IMO

Reaction Score
Back in the 80's I worked out of an office in Hamden. Down the street across from Elm City Cheese there was a store owned by a Greek couple forget the name of it. Chris was the owner we'd get breakfast sandwiches there 3-4 times a week, great bacon egg cheese with always the freshest grilled poppy seed rolls. Some ketchup (for AW) man perfect morning treat. We became so close with him and his wife he ended up coming down the play cards at our office on Thursday nights, his wife would drop him off and he'd drink beers or whatever and we'd play 3-4 hours of poker then she'd pick him up. Great people and a great breakfast sandwich. We called it the Greeks but I can't believe I'm getting so damn old I can't remember the name.

Reaction Score
Back in the 80's I worked out of an office in Hamden. Down the street across from Elm City Cheese there was a store owned by a Greek couple forget the name of it. Chris was the owner we'd get breakfast sandwiches there 3-4 times a week, great bacon egg cheese with always the freshest grilled poppy seed rolls. Some ketchup (for AW) man perfect morning treat. We became so close with him and his wife he ended up coming down the play cards at our office on Thursday nights, his wife would drop him off and he'd drink beers or whatever and we'd play 3-4 hours of poker then she'd pick him up. Great people and a great breakfast sandwich. We called it the Greeks but I can't believe I'm getting so damn old I can't remember the name.

Country Food Market... still there and still kicking out good food. Grew up on their Ham and Cheese w/ shredded lettuce/onions and sliced tomatos on 1/2 a Lupi-Legna Italian Bread.

Reaction Score
Country Food Market... still there and still kicking out good food. Grew up on their Ham and Cheese w/ shredded lettuce/onions and sliced tomatos on 1/2 a Lupi-Legna Italian Bread.

Nice thanks for the heads up. I believe Chris passed away is his wife still part of it? Their food was real good.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
In Canton, the Grindhouse Tavern makes a killer Sausage Egg and Cheese on some weekends, a great BEC others.

In Vernon, Steve's Bagels doesn't do a bad job with the BEC. To me, the key is the bagel, roll, or choice of bread. Similar to a grinder.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Just moved to Wethersfield, someone get me a BEC rec

Reaction Score
Just moved to Wethersfield, someone get me a BEC rec
Welcome! How you liking it? There are about a half dozen Dunkin Donuts just a little while between each other on the Silas Deane. Enjoy!

Cove Deli is good. Aroma Bistro. Technically Rocky Hill but Mitchell's is good. Technically Hartford but First & Last Bakery is good too. Old Town Cafe. Hmmm.... I'm hungry.

Don't bother with Max Bibo's. Their normal sandwiches are good, but they either fry up their bacon early or use the microwaveable kind. Unforgiveable.

Reaction Score

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Welcome! How you liking it? There are about a half dozen Dunkin Donuts just a little while between each other on the Silas Deane. Enjoy!

Cove Deli is good. Aroma Bistro. Technically Rocky Hill but Mitchell's is good. Technically Hartford but First & Last Bakery is good too. Old Town Cafe. Hmmm.... I'm hungry.

Don't bother with Max Bibo's. Their normal sandwiches are good, but they either fry up their bacon early or use the microwaveable kind. Unforgiveable.
Can't do that but know a great place for chicken cutlet grinders.

Thanks guys, big help on the recs. I was living along Route 6 in Bristol so going past a half-dozen DD's in my neighborhood isn't anything I'm not used to lol

Neighbors mentioned Max Bibo, appreciate that heads up, I don't do microwave bacon, I'm classy dammit

Reaction Score

Saw this tweet and got inspired- can anyone beat Country Cow?

Sherwood Diner off Post Rd in Westport is pretty solid as is the New Fairfield Food Center

Country Cow is tremendous

Reaction Score
I haven't seen it anywhere else, so I'll throw a shout out to Brookside's Bagels in Simsbury. I've had too many BECs from there to count.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Brookside Bagels in Simsbury.

Reaction Score
Fairfield area is where it’s at. There are hidden treasures of breakfast sandwiches scattered around town. If you are a breakfast sandwich guy like Austin316 you can thank me later.... try this.

Pine Creek Deli (Fairfield, CT)
Ask for “The Shredder”

BEC (2x B&E), sausage patty, potatoes/home fries, hot sauce and ketchup on a hard roll.

4494EF51-0B4F-46EA-BB57-97248546FC80.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
do y'all have Bojangles cause...

I've been there in SC. If we are leaving CT, then I'd nominate Rudy's breakfast tacos as my preferred breakfast item. They are freaking awesome.

Reaction Score
I've been there in SC. If we are leaving CT, then I'd nominate Rudy's breakfast tacos as my preferred breakfast item. They are freaking awesome.

Pickle Barrel in Stratford, CT has pretty good breakfast burritos. They saved me on a couple occasions after a long night.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Pickle Barrel in Stratford, CT has pretty good breakfast burritos. They saved me on a couple occasions after a long night.
Given your name, and the fact that I've only had Rudy's in Austin, I thought you'd be joining in on Rudy's.

Reaction Score
Given your name, and the fact that I've only had Rudy's in Austin, I thought you'd be joining in on Rudy's.

Never been there but would be willing to try it. Living in CT has spoiled me with good hidden breakfast gems. I do love a good breakfast burrito tho. I’m in. Let’s go next time we are in Austin for a final 4. I’ll being the beers!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom