Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT?

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
General Store in Newtown is the best, and cheapest, one I’ve had in the area by far. Place also does great lunch and has a very cool feel on the inside (decorated with antiques and old newspaper clippings of famous events). Definitely worth stopping in if you’re ever in the area

Reaction Score
OMG. Yes, it's Country Cow. I don't see why breakfast sandwiches would be better place to place, but Country Cow's are the best that I have had.
What ,ales to so great. I mean come on its bacon, egg and cheese. lol

Reaction Score
General Store in Newtown is the best, and cheapest, one I’ve had in the area by far. Place also does great lunch and has a very cool feel on the inside (decorated with antiques and old newspaper clippings of famous events). Definitely worth stopping in if you’re ever in the area
Their food is very good

Reaction Score
I know it's not BEC per se, but any love here for the Tasty Yolk truck stationed on Park Ave, Bridgeport, near Sacred Heart (and another I think on Fairfield Ave in Black Rock)? It intercepted me en route from Trumbull to Comfy Cow once, and because I tend not to need to go further west became a happy go-to notwithstanding Comfy Cow being a winning answer.

I was about to make a snide comment about there being multiple locations because the restaurant has wheels. There are actually 3 trucks it seems! Whoops.

Great call by you. I think they do an excellent job. It is a tad greasier/heavier than my favorite (Cow). I grew up in FFLD a year or 2 under the guys who run it and I am very happy for their success - very nice people.

Reaction Score
Blue check Deli in Woodbridge, Marketa in New Haven, Mobil Deli in Huntington. Always on a hard roll.

Reaction Score
I'll only eat scrambled egg breakfast sandwiches. Fried eggs are wrong, although the broken yolk certainly beats the runny uncooked yolk.

Pastry fusion north branford makes a great scrambled egg BEC. They even chop the bacon so it's throughout the sandwich.

Not my preferred style though. Gotta be a fried egg

Reaction Score
There’s a place up by UConn called Bagel Zone. In my opinion, they’re BEC with a hash brown is wayyyy better than Country Cow.

Reaction Score
There’s a place up by UConn called Bagel Zone. In my opinion, they’re BEC with a hash brown is wayyyy better than Country Cow.

Lol not even close and I would go to bagel zone 3 times a week when I lived up there

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
@August_West have you tried the BEC at bun on the run in Essex? Pretty good best I've had around that area

I’m about 200 feet from there now.
I’ve only had the chorizo egg and cheese there . It’s good but they scramble. So I pass.

The best bec by far in the area is/was that little country store on route 80 , in which I think they call that 500 feet of road “ Winthrop “. lol . Anyway it was an old school country store at the route 80/145 intersections. I would’ve put it right there with country cow. Alas they sadly closed last year.

Reaction Score
Lol not even close and I would go to bagel zone 3 times a week when I lived up there

Wow really? What do you like better about Country Cow? I think Bagel Zone has better eggs, bacon, and I definitely prefer their bagels over Country Cow’s rolls.

Reaction Score
apologies is this was already said but while living in new haven my go to was Nica's market. if you get it with sliced tomato and guac (and some hot sauce) it was big enough for lunch.

Reaction Score
apologies is this was already said but while living in new haven my go to was Nica's market. if you get it with sliced tomato and guac (and some hot sauce) it was big enough for lunch.

Very few misses there. Nica’s deli porketta w/ provolone, hot&roasted peppers on hard roll for UConn tailgate tonight.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Very few misses there. Nica’s deli porketta w/ provolone, hot&roasted peppers on hard roll for UConn tailgate tonight.
I like Nica's, but I go with P&M probably 90% of the time since it opened.

Funny to think that it all started with Romeo & Joe's, and I never even consider them any more.

Reaction Score
I like Nica's, but I go with P&M probably 90% of the time since it opened.

Funny to think that it all started with Romeo & Joe's, and I never even consider them any more.

Ha! I grabbed a dish of P&M’s panecotta as well (stopped @ Orange Street Liquor and couldn’t help but peek to see what was on the counter and couldn’t resist).

Reaction Score
Bagel Chalet... Route 44 in Avon.... bacon egg and cheese on a lightly buttered rosemary bagel. I see Seth Greenberg and Trey Wingo there all the time. I’ve seen Chuck Okwandu there a few times too.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
-Fancy Bagels in Farmington/Southington does one with Boar's Head bacon that's really great

-Rebel Dog Coffee Co. (Plainville, new one just opened in Farmington) w/hollandaise is incredible
Shout out Rebel Dog in Farmington... really nice BEC. Great coffee too.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Don’t sleep on the chorizo wrap at Cumberland Farns
i like that.

For some weird reason the one in Deep River has them but the one in Centerbrook doesnt but they have a chorizo EC biscuit. I like the wrap better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom