So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I saw G-Bot at the packy yesterday. I imagine Too Juicy would be available in FFC. I still like Captain's Daughter.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You can this almost anywhere:
shopping

Only place I'll drink that is Jack's.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I saw G-Bot at the packy yesterday. I imagine Too Juicy would be available in FFC. I still like Captain's Daughter.

Thanks for those tips.

Btw, did I convert you to a Zu drinker after that tailgate last year?

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score

Used to crave those, especially G-bot, but none makes the cut for me anymore.

Best value premium in CT is Thomas Hooker #No Filter. Counterweight Brewings Headway is next. I like Collective Arts Ransack the Universe and CT Valley Brewings Trailblazer as well. I also still like Sip of Sunshine but it tends to be overpriced.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Used to crave those, especially G-bot, but none makes the cut for me anymore.

Best value premium in CT is Thomas Hooker #No Filter. Counterweight Brewings Headway is next. I like Collective Arts Ransack the Universe and CT Valley Brewings Trailblazer as well. I also still like Sip of Sunshine but it tends to be overpriced.

Looks like #NoFilter is pretty widely available in lower Ffld Cty, so I'll look for that. Also their Belma, Fairway and Octoberfest. Hoping to find the Doppelbock, but not seeing it on their locator. Love sites that tell you where you can buy their beer. Still not all that common.

I'll look for the others. Keep those suggestions coming!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Had a really good NEIPA on Saturday-You Thirsty? From revival brewing out of RI. Going to Burlington for my bachelor party in a few weeks (nixed originally planned NOLA because it turns out my shmuck groomsmen had organized exactly 0 things a month before we were planning to go). Stopping at Alchemist on the way up doing the Burlington beer bus while up there.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Scooped up some Wally Juice, Boom Citra Laka and I always felt closer to ipa's than people for the upcoming holidays. I hope the juice compares to the regular wally i like so much.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Had a really good NEIPA on Saturday-You Thirsty? From revival brewing out of RI. Going to Burlington for my bachelor party in a few weeks (nixed originally planned NOLA because it turns out my shmuck groomsmen had organized exactly 0 things a month before we were planning to go). Stopping at Alchemist on the way up doing the Burlington beer bus while up there.
Burlington is great, but that’s a major fail for your groomsmen.

Make sure you hit the Farm House and look out for Frost beers—all are top notch.

Look for live music at Higher Ground and Nectar’s.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Make sure you hit the Farm House and look out for Frost beers—all are top notch.

It is quite the fail but Montreal is a 2 hr 20 dollar train ride away ;)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

The bar scene in Waterbury is worth checking out. Maybe a lunch stop after the Alchemist?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

FOAM brewing is definitively worth a stop as well @Dream Jobbed 2.0. Enjoy it, even if not an ideal destination, you should still have fun.

Reaction Score
Burlington is still a good time. Definitely recommend Foam, good spot. Congrats on the wedding too!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Prairie Artisan Pe-Kan Imperial Stout. Tastes of roasted pecans and vanilla, 11.5% ABV. Incredible.
...and Thimble Island's Mutually Assured Destruction and their Vanilla Coffee Stout.
Armada's Liberty Abandoned.
Outer Light's Libation Propaganda.
Grey Sail's Leaning Chimney smoked porter.
Southern Tier Salted Chocolate Caramel.

...to name a few.

Last edited:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
As far as stouts go, Two Roads Unorthodox is really good. And of course, Ballast Point Victory at Sea is one of the best.

Reaction Score
...and Thimble Island's Mutually Assured Destruction and their Vanilla Coffee Stout.
Armada's Liberty Abandoned.
Outer Light's Libation Propaganda.
Grey Sail's Leaning Chimney smoked porter.
Southern Tier Salted Chocolate Caramel.

...to name a few.

Have Trillium Pot & Kettle in my fridge now - nice to switch it up from IPAs every now and then, good stuff.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Anybody been to kinsmen brewery in milldale? Is it good? What's their best? I just got called the other day to fill a guitar slot in a band there 2-5 today . Wish I looked at the Auburn start before saying yes, but that regret could be tempered by having something real good. I'm not familiar with their stuff at all

Reaction Score
Any fans of Sip of Sunshine been drinking it lately?
Any difference in the beer? It doesn't taste the same to me. I've had it on tap, out of the can. Not as malty, much hoppier and more bitter than I can remember. Could be wrong though, but it just seems like all the other DIPAs now.

Reaction Score
Having a combo of CT Valley Trailblazer and Single Cut Are You There Dave. Enjoying both of these juicy IPA's with Singlecut's offering being a little more hoppy. Someone previously mentioned Singlecut as the NYC version of Treehouse. So far I have been extremely impressed with each offering so I think I need to get back to Treehouse soon so I can have a true comparison.

There has never been a better time to be a beer drinker in this area (at least IPA drinker). I was at Archie Moore's last night and we had a few glasses of Double Fuzzy Ducks and then the keg kicked and they put on another keg of the same. My local package store has had G Bot the past 2 weeks and I haven't even bothered because there are so many other good selections. I would have driven a few towns over to pick up G Bot a few years ago.

Reaction Score
Hey all, I am a small percentage minority owner for a new brewery in Manchester called Parable, which is having a very soft opening January 13th. It is helmed by the brewmaster from Steady Habit who was killing it with them. Keep an eye on it in the following months as it should be very good stuff. It'll keep you warm and drown your basketball sorrows.

Parable Brewing Company

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anybody been to kinsmen brewery in milldale? Is it good? What's their best? I just got called the other day to fill a guitar slot in a band there 2-5 today . Wish I looked at the Auburn start before saying yes, but that regret could be tempered by having something real good. I'm not familiar with their stuff at all
I'm a big fan of Kinsmen...Go there all the time. My favorite beer from them is called Yup/Nope. Its a IIPA with only citra hops

Reaction Score
Whelp, there's a 90 can limit at Tree House today ($345) and only about five people in line. Good luck!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hey all, I am a small percentage minority owner for a new brewery in Manchester called Parable, which is having a very soft opening January 13th. It is helmed by the brewmaster from Steady Habit who was killing it with them. Keep an eye on it in the following months as it should be very good stuff. It'll keep you warm and drown your basketball sorrows.

Parable Brewing Company
Is this a reboot of that Top Shelf brewery that disappeared over the last year? If so, I suggest you instill decent customer service from the get-go. I dropped by that place based on a rec from this thread. The bartenders were very intent on BS'ing with friends and weren't particularly eager to sell beer to handful of folks there that they didn't know. It was the worst service I ever ran into in the craft beer game since my visits to Steady Habits. Did the new brewmaster bring customer disdain with him?

Reaction Score
Is this a reboot of that Top Shelf brewery that disappeared over the last year? If so, I suggest you instill decent customer service from the get-go. I dropped by that place based on a rec from this thread. The bartenders were very intent on BS'ing with friends and weren't particularly eager to sell beer to handful of folks there that they didn't know. It was the worst service I ever ran into in the craft beer game since my visits to Steady Habits. Did the new brewmaster bring customer disdain with him?

Same venue, new primary ownership, new brewmaster, major re-haul of facility. So should be almost entirely new experience. As I am only a minority distant benefactor, I am not / won't be involved in the day-to-day, so I can't attest to much. But the new brewmaster is known to be rigorous, therefore I would expect markedly improved beers at a minimum and hopefully improved overall experience. The brewmaster had a lot of demands in terms of revamping for new quality equipment. I know their new credo is to get away from the "fun" environment and put the emphasis primarily on the beer quality. I hope quality service follows. If he does churn out the quality of beers he was at Steady Habit with better facilities and support, they could make a big dent on the CT beer scene. If you do give it a try, let me know either way.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom