Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Last Saturday Maggie McFly's in Manchester (not near any seas) had a Jack Abby's thing going on. I asked the server to tell me what was available. The first one he read was the Kiwi Rising. I stopped him right there.

Man, I could drink that all night.
That's a great beer.

Reaction Score
Big E next Saturday the Springfield Beer Fest of whatever it is. Anyone going?

By the way my hotel in Manchester NH had a happy hour for the people staying in the "lobby" and had this beer on tap. It was really good. From KONA brews:

Longboard Island Lager A delicate, slightly spicy hop aroma compliments the malty body of this beer.

Longboard is nice. I had it at a bar in Waikiki a decade or so ago.....then very soon after that, it started showing up here in CT.
It's got a regular spot on the shelves at Crazy Bruce's.

Reaction Score
Maine Beer Company
22 hrs ·
Phil is brewing Dinner today! We’ll be releasing this batch through a ticketed release, please read the details below on how to purchase a case.
On Monday, February 6th, we will release 600 tickets online at 12:30pm EST. The ticketing system will allow you to add a ticket to your cart for a 30 minute window.
Tickets are $5.00 each and proceeds from the tickets will be donated to an environmental non-profit.
One ticket per person. Each ticket allows you to purchase up to one case of Dinner on the morning of Saturday, February 18th. Your pick-up time will be assigned to you in a follow-up email from Maine Beer Company. Please pick up your case during the designated time, we will not hold cases past 1pm.
Tickets are non-transferable and you will be required to show your state/government issued picture ID to purchase your case. Your ID must match the name on the ticket. No exceptions.
Other beers and merchandise will be available for sale that morning as well.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact us at dinner@mainebeercompany.com!

Thank you for drinking our beer, and we can’t wait to see everyone for Dinner in a few weeks!

Cheers!

#mainedinner #hops #freshbeer #dowhatsright

Reaction Score
So anybody here ever had Pliny The Younger?

I just moved to Santa Rosa this past summer and live within walking distance to the Russian River Brewpub. Younger is a triple IPA (only other triple IPA I've had is Founder's Devil Dancer which I didn't like and thought was too boozy) and is only available between 2/3 to 2/17. Only way to have it is on tap in the Brewpub and the wait in line from everything I've read is a few hours. Out of curiosity I drove by there this morning and the line was already 1 block long at 7:45. The place doesn't open until 11.

Basically, my question for those who have had it before, is Pliny the Younger worth waiting 3+ hours in line?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
So anybody here ever had Pliny The Younger?

I just moved to Santa Rosa this past summer and live within walking distance to the Russian River Brewpub. Younger is a triple IPA (only other triple IPA I've had is Founder's Devil Dancer which I didn't like and thought was too boozy) and is only available between 2/3 to 2/17. Only way to have it is on tap in the Brewpub and the wait in line from everything I've read is a few hours. Out of curiosity I drove by there this morning and the line was already 1 block long at 7:45. The place doesn't open until 11.

Basically, my question for those who have had it before, is Pliny the Younger worth waiting 3+ hours in line?

Yes. The beer is that good.

No it is not worth waiting in line because of the people you will be waiting with

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I waited 3+ hours in line to fill two growlers of Fuzzy Baby Ducks, and I thought it was worth it. I was bored out of my mind and got sunburn on my neck because of it, but as long as you're on brewery property while in line you can always bring a small cooler with some beer to pass the time. That's what everyone did at NEBCO and I was really jealous.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
And yeah, most Triple IPAs are going to be very boozy, so I would guess there's a good chance you don't like them as a style in general.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Pliny the Elder is better imo. Younger too boozy. Nice to have a taste as a treat but not worth the hassle.

Blind Pig is better than both.

Reaction Score
Any fans of Dog fish head 90min ipa? I know it's been around a while, still one of my favorites though, so smooth. People seem to love or hate it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Any fans of Dog fish head 90min ipa? I know it's been around a while, still one of my favorites though, so smooth. People seem to love or hate it.
I hate Dogfish 60-minute IPA because I don't like their yeast strain, and I'm generally not a fan of boozier IPAs like the 90 and 120. But I like them a lot better than the 60-minute because the booze masks the taste of the yeast strain.

Reaction Score
I hate Dogfish 60-minute IPA because I don't like their yeast strain, and I'm generally not a fan of boozier IPAs like the 90 and 120. But I like them a lot better than the 60-minute because the booze masks the taste of the yeast strain.

I don't know too much about different yeast strains, just go by what I like when I taste it. I also do not like the 60 min or many of DFH's other beers, but tried their 90 min 10+ years ago and still love it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Put me in the "hate it" category. There's a taste in there that I really don't like, it reminds me in the same negative way as Big Cranky. Funny because Dogfish 60 min was my gateway IPA, though I never buy it now.

Reaction Score
Okay....I'm going to admit this....after all the local New England IPA's I've been drinking...I wanted to pick up a 12 pack of something lighter....(and cheaper)....and surprise!!! I took a chance on Harpoon Fresh Tracks....a nice APA....with a little citrus from the centennial hops...hoppy up front, but light. And $12.99/12 pck just makes it all that much better. :D

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I know a lot of people who still like it. I'm not a fan of all the sticky, syrupy caramel malt in it. But that's because I've been ruined by other stuff that is lighted in body and much hoppier.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Okay....I'm going to admit this....after all the local New England IPA's I've been drinking...I wanted to pick up a 12 pack of something lighter....(and cheaper)....and surprise!!! I took a chance on Harpoon Fresh Tracks....a nice APA....with a little citrus from the centennial hops...hoppy up front, but light. And $12.99/12 pck just makes it all that much better. :D

Yeah, I tried Sam Adams Hopscape the other day and....liked it quite a bit. Flavorful and easy to drink. It's easy to forget that these guys have forgotten more about brewing than most of the small folks have ever known. They can make great stuff, but mostly they don't because they are seeking mass appeal.

Reaction Score
Heading to Springfield on Tap @ The Big E looks like I may try a few just because of name alone:

Dirty Girl
Teachers Pet
Dark and Deep
Ambrewsia
Eviction Notice
1 Eared Monkey
Big Cranky
Blood Orange Belgian, amongst the names from so many breweries. Was trying to figure out how many ounces I may consume with so many breweries and about 2-3 ounce samples at each?:eek:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Went to tap house 150 tonight (former Billy Tees) and they had a few beers I had been hoping to try. For some odd reason though , Sea Hag was 4 bucks so I went to that well repeatedly. It was a very circumstance where my fiance offered to drive home.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yeah, I tried Sam Adams Hopscape the other day and....liked it quite a bit. Flavorful and easy to drink. It's easy to forget that these guys have forgotten more about brewing than most of the small folks have ever known. They can make great stuff, but mostly they don't because they are seeking mass appeal.
Was at a Wolfpack game a couple of weeks ago and Hopscape was on tap. I really liked it, too. Sam Adams is barely mentioned in this entire thread. Love me some Cold Snap. And in the summer I gotta have that Porch Rocker.

Reaction Score
Dogfish has a DIPA called Burton Baton that is my favorite.

Reaction Score
Went to tap house 150 tonight (former Billy Tees) and they had a few beers I had been hoping to try. For some odd reason though , Sea Hag was 4 bucks so I went to that well repeatedly. It was a very circumstance where my fiance offered to drive home.

DJ is that in Cromwell, that old Billy T's?

Reaction Score
Yes sir

Always liked that joint. Actually had a retirement party for one of my sales guys in that extra room they built about 7-8 years ago or so as well as a tech fair. Always treated you well then bang, the shootings and it hasn't been the same at all. Then again haven't been there in 2-3 years I don't think.

Hit balls, drink beer can't beat that. Is it decent again, improvements? Thanks for the heads up

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom