Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
A girl I work with's fiancé is up in Vermont on a skiing trip, so I got her to have him look for Heady Topper and Focal Banger for me. He's in Ludlow, so hopefully it's not too far south.
Unfortunately, it is:

BUY | Alchemist

Reaction Score
My bad..it's a Two Roads quaff.

How is it? My idealistic self is imagining that Two Roads is going to take serious notes from Sean Lawson's SOS and improve on it and now I will only have to drive 10 miles to get my Treehouse replacement.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
How is it? My idealistic self is imagining that Two Roads is going to take serious notes from Sean Lawson's SOS and improve on it and now I will only have to drive 10 miles to get my Treehouse replacement.
I was just passing info. This will be another brew I will probably will never sniff due to scarcity.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
They had a can release yesterday, and the cans lasted pretty much all day long. So this one probably won't be too difficult to come by. I definitely want to pick some up soon.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Something called Two Juicy by NEBCO came out today in cans.
@Dove you know where I'm playing tonight

Look what's on tap.

The too juicy is excellent.

NDjpBc8.jpg

Reaction Score
Sitting here drinking a Hair Raiser Double IPA from Exhibit A Brewing Co. Very good juicy IPA. Just had a Truffle Stout from Cold Spring Brewing Co. before that. That was also very good.

There are now 4 small breweries within 10 minutes of my house. Cold Harbor Brewing Co., Start Line Brewing Co., Exhibit A Brewing Co., and Jack's Abby. All have taprooms and only Jack's Abby sells beer through liquor stores. I need to do a one day tour through all of them. Just need a designated driver.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I went with 2 cases. 3 four packs of Heady,Focal and Hellbrook and 2 four packs of the Porter and 1 of Crusher.

You aren't the guy from South Windsor in front of us in line are you?

Reaction Score
IMG_8863.JPG
If you're in Central NY do yourself a favor and stop by Prison City Brewing in Auburn, NY they have a whole host of great stuff.

This is their 4 Piece American Pale Ale.

Reaction Score
Three-peat win for Hill Farmstead as world's best

Hill Farmstead nets Best Brewer in World! Trillium #3.

Foam Brewers #6 Best New Brewer.
The wife and I just came back from a beer trip to Vermont yesterday.

Loved Hill Farmstead, the beers there are fantastic. However, it was a pretty scary journey to get up there, the roads leading up were muddy and tons of potholes- we both thought that we were going to slide into a ditch! It was a good time though, and we took home 4 growlers with us! Came home with Susan, Harlan, Double Citra, and Everett. Edward might be might new Favorite APA.

After Hill, we drove to Lost Nation Brewing-great food and their beers are very good. Their IPAs, aren't juicy like most NE-IPAS, and they are around 5% ABV so you can drink more than one without feeling sleepy.

After Lost Nation, we anxiously drove to The Alchemist at around 5:30 PM, waiting to get Heady, Crusher, and Focal Banger. We were bumbed because we found out on their website that they ran out of Heady for the day, of course. Needless to say, we still went and bought Focal Banger and Crusher. Of course, we drove 50 min from Burlington back to Stowe the next morning to buy Heady. With all the hype, I'm not impressed with Heady or Focal Banger. There are better IPAs and DIPAs from Hill/Treehouse/Trillium/Foam, and even New England Brewing Company IMHO that are all less bitter and smoother! That being said, we had to buy a second cooler to keep our 4-4 packs of Heady, 6-4 packs of Focal Banger, 6-4 packs of Crusher, and 1 -4 pack of Hellbrook cold for our entire stay.

The next day we drove to The Prohibition Pig in Waterbury and right next door was The Craft Beer Cellar where they sold tons of craft beers from all over. The Prohibition Pig was excellent; the atmosphere, the food, and their own brewed beers were on point. Again, the beers were low in alcohol, so you can enjoy more than one IPA. Loved the Prohibition Pig! Better spot than Lost Nation.

Finally, we stopped into Foam! It was 70 degrees out and located right on Lake Champlain, overlooking the mountains of NY. This might be my new favorite brewer too. Their beers are out of this world good-juicy and flavorful! I tried Built to Spill and Clockwork.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I finally made it to Beer'd Brewing in Stonington and bought 2 4-packs of Hobbit Juice. Had 1 so far and, of course, it is a player for top brew honors that I have experienced. Probably #5 on my list but I have a limited list.

Found out there is a brewery in Old Saybrook. Will be visiting this 30 Mile Brewing Company after work on Wednesday.

Reaction Score
Stopped in Jealous Monk in Mystic Village and was happy to find Sip and Fuzzy Baby Ducks on tap. Didn't last too long though.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Had Maine Lunch at lunch at Eli Cannon and now enjoying a Sip of Sunshine at Lucky Taco. Doing captains daughter next. Productive day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom