Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Had the Two Juicy on tap last night at Blue Hound. It was nice, but nowhere near the level of NEBCO or SoS IMO. I still think L'il Heaven is far and away their best beer.

Enjoyed a pint of Grey Sail's Leaning Chimney Smoked Porter in Friday. Nice porter with a bit of smoke--could be a bit smokier for my tastes, but pleasant enough.

Also had the Lawson's Super Session #2 for the first time in a long time, as I never buy it in stores because I don't think it's worth the price; it was better than I remembered. Better than L'il Heaven, but still not enough to justify the difference in price for the cans.

Reaction Score
Had hobbit juice for the first time last night. Reminded me of a lesser quality haze. Still very good but not quite up to the level of treehouse or alchemist

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Had hobbit juice for the first time last night. Reminded me of a lesser quality haze. Still very good but not quite up to the level of treehouse or alchemist
I had my forst one last Sunday. Not as great as I was expecting. Maybe in my Top 10 CT beers. Still need to assess that. But still a fine IPA.

Reaction Score
SoS is just not as good lately. Perhaps my own palate, but just not topping my list that much these days. Still favor all Treehouse, Trillium, and Foley Borthers.

Reaction Score
SoS is just not as good lately. Perhaps my own palate, but just not topping my list that much these days. Still favor all Treehouse, Trillium, and Foley Borthers.
I like treehouse, but I would say they are overrated. First world problems. We have a lot of great beer in New England

Reaction Score
Found some Foley Brothers Prospect IPA in Branford on Saturday. Cooking dinner with a can.

Sweet Jesus its good!
who had it in branford? Coastal. I've never seen this one being sold in CT, and I ended up buying it in VT.

Reaction Score
Sip is very overrated. Said me and only me?
No I agree with you, I'm a huge fan of DDH Sleeper Street, Fuzzy Baby Ducks, Susan, Julius, Haze, Alter Ego, Built to Spill. To me, I don't taste the tropical notes as much in a SoS or Heady Topper.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Meh. I still really enjoy SoS. I had Green and Bright from Treehouse last summer, and I thought both were very, very good, but I liked Sip just a little better. I still think Fuzzy is better than all of those.

Reaction Score
Meh. I still really enjoy SoS. I had Green and Bright from Treehouse last summer, and I thought both were very, very good, but I liked Sip just a little better. I still think Fuzzy is better than all of those.

I think Hobbit Juice and Captains Daughter blow SOS out of the water. I think hanging hills hartbeat is better too.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="I think hanging hills hartbeat is better too.[/QUOTE]
Hanging Hills has an "Irregular Hartbeat" coming out at the end of March. Supposed to be Hartbeat on steroids...looking forward to that one.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I think Hobbit Juice and Captains Daughter blow SOS out of the water. I think hanging hills hartbeat is better too.

Never had Hartbeat, it wasn't on when I went in a few weeks ago. I really liked Hobbit Juice, but it's not SoS quality for me. I thought Captain's Daughter was OK, I was a little disappointed because it didn't live up to the hype for me.

Reaction Score

Agree.....
And for me....Add NEBCO's Sea Hag to that list....and much easier to find.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sip is very overrated. Said me and only me?

Nah. But it is more traditional. It's my wife's favorite, but I'd almost always pick a Trillium, Treehouse or Foley brew over it (and Heady). But there is no "better" or "overrated" really at that level. It's a superb beer that happens to not hit my preferences perfectly (or yours probably).

The Citra Cutting Tiles from Trillium is amazing by the way.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Heading up to Sugarbush this weekend and hoping to hit Alchemist for the first time on Friday to see what cans we can pick up. Anyone with recent experience have any insight on what we may expect to find by mid-afternoon on a Friday?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Heading up to Sugarbush this weekend and hoping to hit Alchemist for the first time on Friday to see what cans we can pick up. Anyone with recent experience have any insight on what we may expect to find by mid-afternoon on a Friday?

I've been twice in the last few months. Weekday, no holiday, I was in and out. About 5 people in front of me in line. Saturday of President's day weekend I waited about an hour. The line isn't that fast. Two registers, so it won't move as quickly as Treehouse or Trillium. Brewery is really nice, and the tasting samples are generous and in nice glasses, not tiny plastic cups. Definitely hit the Mad Taco too while in Waitsfield. In another year, Lawson's new brewery will be there.

Here is the current status of what they have. I don't recall seeing them run out of Crusher in recent months. Alchemist

Reaction Score
Went there last Friday (and Saturday morning lol) actually. Check their website for availability that day. Alchemist

I kept checking their website last Friday, and the light was still green for Heady at about 2 PM. Next thing you know, I'm eating lunch at Lost Nation, and they sold out of Heady around 3 PMish. However, we still went to the brewery, but they only had Crusher and Focal Banger available by the time we got there (around 5 PM Friday night). Luckily, they replenished their stock of it Saturday Morning.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
who had it in branford? Coastal. I've never seen this one being sold in CT, and I ended up buying it in VT.
Yes, Coastal. And it was $19.99 !!! I hate myself for buying it but...it ended up being one of the best brews I have even drinkded. Top 3.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've been twice in the last few months. Weekday, no holiday, I was in and out. About 5 people in front of me in line. Saturday of President's day weekend I waited about an hour. The line isn't that fast. Two registers, so it won't move as quickly as Treehouse or Trillium. Brewery is really nice, and the tasting samples are generous and in nice glasses, not tiny plastic cups. Definitely hit the Mad Taco too while in Waitsfield. In another year, Lawson's new brewery will be there.

Here is the current status of what they have. I don't recall seeing them run out of Crusher in recent months. Alchemist
Thanks. Yeah, I started checking the website last night and just checked it this morning before posting that inquiry.

We stay in Waitsfield in large part because of my love affair with Mad Taco. It's never a question of whether we go there, just when and how many times. Love the food, the beer, the margaritas, the music and pretty much everything about the place.

Likely a Worthy Burger stop on the way up also.

Reaction Score
Nah. But it is more traditional. It's my wife's favorite, but I'd almost always pick a Trillium, Treehouse or Foley brew over it (and Heady). But there is no "better" or "overrated" really at that level. It's a superb beer that happens to not hit my preferences perfectly (or yours probably).

Yup, I agree with your point. I'm still trying to figure out if I prefer SoS over Heady though. HuskyHawk: What are your top 10 IPAs?

Reaction Score

I like SoS quite a lot. It is nicely balanced, and is very New England-y in culture. I just think this West Coast IPA or Super Triple ! IPA thing is misguided, and very American. "Hey, these hops sure taste pretty good." "I've got an idea! Let's double the hops, and it will be even better!!!!" "Yeah, let's make it bigger by adding more." "Yuge!!" "Bigly!"

Here's an interest Blind Test competition which I found interesting: Blind-Tasting 115 of the Best American DIPA/Imperial IPAs: We Have a Winner

SoS finishes #10.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom