So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Was it an accident? Or did he destroy his tastebuds on purpose so he could continue to tolerate Rolling Rock.

Not sure we need an official beer anyway. Our fanbase region is loaded with breweries, any of those should work.

Next thing you'll be saying you can replace wings with boneless tenders. Slippery slope there...

Reaction Score
Little known fact. When Swami told everyone to drink Rolling Rocks, he would drink Killians Red Ale.

Deep are you saying if he said that White Owls were the BYs cigar of choice he'd be smoking Ashton's?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Next thing you'll be saying you can replace wings with boneless tenders. Slippery slope there...

Wings and RR are not the same. Wings are great. RR is like saying that the official mojo food is moldy cheese wiz on stale Ritz. Besides Wings are made in loads of ways, so it's more like saying "beer", or maybe even "Lager".

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Wings and RR are not the same. Wings are great. RR is like saying that the official mojo food is moldy cheese wiz on stale Ritz. Besides Wings are made in loads of ways, so it's more like saying "beer", or maybe even "Lager".
Well...in '99 Rolling Rock stoked the mojo. It just did.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Well...in '99 Rolling Rock stoked the mojo. It just did.

RR was still being brewed in Latrobe for the 99/04 runs, when UConn had squads ranked #1 for parts of the season. Although it moved after being bought by A-B (and later consumed by InterBev), it still kept the traditional glass lined tanks for brewing RR. Some of the mojo was gone (no longer #1 rankings) but enough left to fuel two tourney runs. Now the glass lined tanks are gone as of 2015 and we've all seen the team the past two years. Doubtful there's any mojo left in that green bottle.

Just putting the facts out there for consideration by the folks who decide these things.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Rolling Rock works because of a) tradition and b) suffering.

Every major religion has sacrifice and suffering somewhere at its core and here, that suffering involves Rolling Rock.

You drink it because in 1999, we drank it. It didn't matter where it was made, what mattered was that for some reason we drank it and we've done so ever since. It's like going to church and asking why you have stand and sit and stand and sit....no one really knows, but God hasn't blown up the world so you keep doing it.

Reaction Score
Boneyard is terrific.

RPM, Hop Venom, Notorious, etc.

Just about the best West coast-style IPAs out there (aka best non-NE style).

They'll be at the Copenhagen Beer Fest in Boston this upcoming weekend.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Rolling Rock works because of a) tradition and b) suffering.

Every major religion has sacrifice and suffering somewhere at its core and here, that suffering involves Rolling Rock.

Every major religion believes in superstititions and wrongly interpreted texts originally written in inscrutable language and accepted by illiterates. I strongly suggest following your personal God. Ollie be with you.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm telling you, Heileman's Old Style can't be beaten.

Old Style is actually fine if you're consuming it inside Wrigley during a year the Cubs suck and their fans aren't azzes.

Other than that, it's a Heileman's. Like Wiedemann.

Reaction Score
You guys know Heileman's hasn't existed for over 20 years, right?

The beer still exists, but the company does not.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You guys know Heileman's hasn't existed for over 20 years, right?

The beer still exists, but the company does not.

Heileman's still serves as shorthand for cheap, crappy beers. Except Hacker-Pschorr, which was pretty decent. You call it "Stroh's" and you almost legitimize it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
If you all want a nice, basic Lager you can get behind, I'd vote for Jack's Abby House Lager. I'd be happy to drink that for games.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Visited Beer'd for the first time this weekend. That Hobbit Juice is really good.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Visited Beer'd for the first time this weekend. That Hobbit Juice is really good.
Made with tasty Nelson Sauvin hops. Hobbit Juice is deeply seeded in my Top 10 CT Beers. Getting out to Stonington is tough for me, tho. Especially with Outer Light (Groton) between me and them.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

It's good stuff. So is Dogs and Boats, or whatever it is called. I've only had their stuff at Beervana. Which reminds me, is anyone here going to Beervana this year? Best fest in the region in my opinion.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Has anyone been to the new Tree House? Any tips or is the protocol obvious?

Not yet. I can ask on Beer Advocate and see how the line and availability are now. I've been waiting until it becomes a more Trillium like experience. It's hard to drive out there for 12 beers that may or may not be sold out.

Reaction Score
Not yet. I can ask on Beer Advocate and see how the line and availability are now. I've been waiting until it becomes a more Trillium like experience. It's hard to drive out there for 12 beers that may or may not be sold out.
Actually, things have settled a bit and limits are up. Last Wednesday there was a 20 can limit and lines were fairly short all day. Then there was a silent release (rare beer) on Friday and the lines ballooned again. There is a Facebook page for Tree House line updates that is crowd sourced and real time.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If you all want a nice, basic Lager you can get behind, I'd vote for Jack's Abby House Lager. I'd be happy to drink that for games.

Doesn't help those of us out in the Hinterlands w/o access.

Reaction Score
I think there's a misprint on that bottle label. Isn't it supposed to read "Bend Oregon Over"? I thought that was our early season mantra here that if we lose that game we could be in for a long year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom