So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Wow kinda surprised. Had heard expect up to 3hr wait once there.
I go there almost on a weekly basis and you will never wait 3 hrs. Maybe 1.5-2 if your in the back of the line and want growlers.

Reaction Score
Went to Brewport Brewing (brewportct.com) in Bridgeport last night. They are doing a soft open in August and the grand opening is in September. Was impressed with the beer, food and vibe. In the general area of Webster Arena. Old newspaper plant building in a bit of a funky neighborhood right under the highway.. Worth a try for Fairfield County area Huskies. Always great to have a new brewery to check and and this one is pretty cool.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Can't ever go wrong with anything Founders - solid brews all around. Love IPAs but Founders Porter and Breakfast Stout are AMAZING. Always choose Breakfast Stout over just about anything if available when out. IMO :)
I will dining at Knuckleheads in Wallingford tonight and they have 5 Founders brews on tap. I'm diving in.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Steady habits first ever sold cans in my car.
huGxGzT.jpg

Reaction Score
Steady habits first ever sold cans in my car.
Nice. Was there any kind of line? A thought about going but I'm well stocked right now...got the 19 Trailblazer alotment a couple weeks ago, a case of Cone Flakes last week and Wednesday's Julius/Alter Ego at Tree House. My beer thing is a little out of control.

August_West

Reaction Score
Nice. Was there any kind of line? A thought about going but I'm well stocked right now...got the 19 Trailblazer alotment a couple weeks ago, a case of Cone Flakes last week and Wednesday's Julius/Alter Ego at Tree House. My beer thing is a little out of control.

yes there was quite a line. people were absolutely shutout of cans in that line because if everyone bought full allotment (4 coalesce,8Method) they had enough for 50 people and there was double that in line at opening

August_West

Reaction Score
@August_West can you bring me a can of Coalesce on Monday? Say, like, 4 o'clock?

You can have the all. Epic fail on the canning. Tastes like benzene and some seals broke

Reaction Score
I tried both Method and Coalesce earlier and while I felt both tasted a little off from usual I didn't find it bad. I'm going to let the rest sit a few days but you aren't the first person to make that comment. Hope it's not a major issue.

August_West

Reaction Score
I tried both Method and Coalesce earlier and while I felt both tasted a little off from usual I didn't find it bad. I'm going to let the rest sit a few days but you aren't the first person to make that comment. Hope it's not a major issue.
Mine are undrinkable. Both the method and the coalesce

Reaction Score
Mine are undrinkable. Both the method and the coalesce

They acknowledged the problem in a facebook post. Air seal problem with the canning line and apparently only an issue with some cans but not all. Unfortunate this happened on their first run.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
They acknowledged the problem in a facebook post. Air seal problem with the canning line and apparently only an issue with some cans but not all. Unfortunate this happened on their first run.

How did @August_West end up with the bad cans? He's alpha.

I tried the Method. Wasn't benzene flavored, but wasn't very good either. Tried side by side against a Bright from Treehouse (which is also mosaic hopped) and the Method was vastly inferior. Bright is not one of my faves from TH either btw.

Too bad. I have been rooting for SH despite their frustrating business practices.

Reaction Score
Since this thread started 15 years ago I've gone from Mich Ultra to Bud Light Platinum and now Corona Light as being my go to.

Thanks for making my wheels turn! :eek:

August_West

Reaction Score
How did @August_West end up with the bad cans? He's alpha.

I tried the Method. Wasn't benzene flavored, but wasn't very good either. Tried side by side against a Bright from Treehouse (which is also mosaic hopped) and the Method was vastly inferior. Bright is not one of my faves from TH either btw.

Too bad. I have been rooting for SH despite their frustrating business practices.

I traded 4 methods and a coalesce for 5 treehouse Eureka wCitra.
That's a drinkable beer.

Even past the canning issues I've never been a big method fan. Steady habit begins and ends with coalesce for me. I was very bummed about those issues.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Since this thread started 15 years ago I've gone from Mich Ultra to Bud Light Platinum and now Corona Light as being my go to.

Congratulations on your road to discovery. Or Coors Light.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Attention IPA lovers....

Firefly just released Strange Quark IPA today. Simply amazing. I shall cut and paste from their website as words fail me at a time like this:

Blissfully saturated with hops. Cloudy, and explosively flavorful. Flavors of ruby red grapefruit, lemon-lime, mango, and tropical fruits crescendo into a moving bitterness. Finish is grapefruit pith and tangerine with a hint of toasty malt.

I just picked up Strange Quark in cans at the brewery on Friday. Zero hint of benzene.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Going to the Cookhouse for dinner tonight. I'm hoping they have some Kent Falls stuff on tap.

Reaction Score
Was up in Maine at Ogunquit, had Maine Beer Peeper's Ale and thought it was great. $8 for bottle at a restaurant, could be worse as it's a large bottle- first time I've had Maine Beer

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

More good beer for the rest of us. I don't really need yet another person in line at Treehouse.

I got some Trillium cans the other day. Those are solid, no issues like August reported at Steady Habits, but I don't think they tasted as good as the bottles. Most of these places are using mobile canning lines and they can be unpredictable. Treehouse has a permanent system and it never has issues (or Alchemist).

Off to Vermont Labor Day weekend, hope to score some good stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom