Beer | Page 162 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
I've come to love these summer beers, fruit flavored or not. I drink only light beers like wheats in any case. So this post will motivate me to go down to Fort Pierce, the next town south of here, and visit Sailfish Brewery, home of what I think is the best beer I've ever tasted, White Marlin. If you're ever in southeastern Florida, look for that one.

Reaction Score
I've come to love these summer beers, fruit flavored or not. I drink only light beers like wheats in any case. So this post will motivate me to go down to Fort Pierce, the next town south of here, and visit Sailfish Brewery, home of what I think is the best beer I've ever tasted, White Marlin. If you're ever in southeastern Florida, look for that one.

Reaction Score

“As football season rapidly approaches, Spectra is excited to announce the addition of new concession stands and the integration of two major beer names: Two Roads Brewing Company and Sam Adams at Pratt & Whitney Stadium. The new concession stands coming to Pratt & Whitney Stadium offer a variety of new and exciting food offerings that will further enhance the overall fan experience. These stands feature locally-inspired dishes that bring new flavors to the eating experience at Pratt & Whitney Stadium.”

“In addition to the new eats that are being introduced, fans will also be able to sample more than 50 varieties of beer this season. Located in section 107 by Gate B, The brand new Two Roads Tap House Stand will be featuring several Connecticut brewed beers as well as locally made food options.”

Full details here

Reaction Score
Opa!

>>New this season, will also be the Greek’n Out Food Truck which be serving up traditional Greek favorites. Husky fans can feast on Greek specialties such as chicken and pork gyros along with their fan- favorite sizzlin' souvlaki.<<

Reaction Score
Opa!

>>New this season, will also be the Greek’n Out Food Truck which be serving up traditional Greek favorites. Husky fans can feast on Greek specialties such as chicken and pork gyros along with their fan- favorite sizzlin' souvlaki.<<

What about everyone's favorite style of pizza?

;)

Reaction Score
492D2FEC-D58D-414B-99DA-0C23DF1F5706.jpeg
I have a Tree House stand in Gray Lot.

Remember? I member (barely).

Reaction Score
I have a Tree House stand in Gray Lot.

I’ll be pushing NEBCO and Counterweight in Gray Lot.

Now we're talkin'! So many better local beers, but most have shallower pockets.

Sam Adams began dumbing down their beers to appeal to the masses just in time for the micro/nano brewery industry exploded and they're still trying to catch up. As far as Two Roads is concerned, the best beer to come out of their brewery isn't even their beer, (Sip of Sunshine).

I'll do my damage outside and then have one beer inside supporting a group at a nearby kiosk. I love when it benefits some high school's substance free project graduation!

Reaction Score
...I'll do my damage outside and then have one beer inside supporting a group at a nearby kiosk...

That is exactly what I do! For the record, though, Boston Beer Company (aka Sam Adams) still makes some quality stuff. They just haven't gone ingredient-forward crazy like the the micros. For example, I recently bought and enjoyed their NE IPA. Not holy-crap, blow your doors off awesome, but very solid.

Reaction Score
That is exactly what I do! For the record, though, Boston Beer Company (aka Sam Adams) still makes some quality stuff. They just haven't gone ingredient-forward crazy like the the micros. For example, I recently bought and enjoyed their NE IPA. Not holy-crap, blow your doors off awesome, but very solid.

Back in the early '90s Sam's Octoberfest was amazing and I was a huge fan of their Boston (Stock) Ale and Scotch Ale. All three beers were dumbed down over time. Scotch Ale is About 10 years ago they made a Double IPA that was dynamite. Since then nothing has really grabbed me. With all of the different beer choices out there today, you have to "wow' me. when it comes to bulk beer, Otter Creek has two or three beers I'd buy over Sam's current offerings. Sierra Nevada Torpedo or Pale Ale too. Even Harpoon still does a good job with their IPA and seasonals.

Reaction Score
Go down to North Carolina. I've seen Sam referred to as a microbrew.

No excuse in CT though

By who? NC has tons of good local craft breweries, I frequent a few around here. Never has anyone called Sam Adams a microbrew. Maybe your Busch and Natty Lights guys who don't know any better might. Sam Adams is much bigger deal up in the Northeast, I never see anyone actually drinking it here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom