Beer | Page 164 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Well I have no access to any of these beers, but I can tell you the beers from the local brewerys in Germany are outstanding. Never had such good beer in my life.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I'll be at Fenway on that day. Can anyone suggest good beers sold at the ballpark? We're sitting in the Tully Tavern bar seats, so preferably stuff that they sell there.

I haven't sat there but I would imagine there isn't anything special served there. Most likely Bud, harpoon IPA, Camp Wannamango, and Sam 76. Oh and Tullamore Dew

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I haven't sat there but I would imagine there isn't anything special served there. Most likely Bud, harpoon IPA, Camp Wannamango, and Sam 76. Oh and Tullamore Dew

I haven't been to Fenway since I started drinking so I really have no clue what they offer. Figured there would be plenty of Sams, but was hoping for something local and tasty. Thanks!

Reaction Score
I haven't been to Fenway since I started drinking so I really have no clue what they offer. Figured there would be plenty of Sams, but was hoping for something local and tasty. Thanks!
They do have a few craft beer stands around the ballpark but nothing that great. You have to walk around to find them.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
They do have a few craft beer stands around the ballpark but nothing that great. You have to walk around to find them.

I'll keep an eye out as we walk to our seats, but we'll probably just stick to the offerings at the bar where we are. Thanks for the heads up.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I'll keep an eye out as we walk to our seats, but we'll probably just stick to the offerings at the bar where we are. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm actually going to the game this afternoon. I'll let you know if I see any of these

Reaction Score
Sox will be out in SD late next August. Come on out and go to Petco. Great stadium, and all in on craft beer offerings.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Sox will be out in SD late next August. Come on out and go to Petco. Great stadium, and all in on craft beer offerings.

And decent NH pizza right across the street from right field (Urbn/Basic)!

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Mast Landing Brewery.
Gunners Daughter.
Peanut Butter milk stout.

Tremendous imo.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

Walked along the concourse from gate A to the kids concourse area behind right field and didn't notice anything. Doesn't mean they don't exist though

Reaction Score
Its not beer, but, this was a fun tour I took a few weeks back in Dublin. 40 Euros for the tour, which includes 3 sample shots and a mixed drink after. Not bad.

2018 Ireland - Day 2, Jameson Distillery.JPG

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I'm actually a Mets fan, going to the game with my Sox fan buddy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So, I was in Vermont last week and picked up a bunch of stuff. But the best beer I picked up was Upper Pass Cloud Drop. I have had the First Drop APA/IPA several times and liked it. But Cloud Drop is superb. As good as any DIPA you're going to have.
upper%20pass%20cloud%20drop%20%28Custom%29.jpg

Reaction Score
Went to Other Half in Brooklyn Saturday night. It was great. Thanks to those that suggested it many pages back when I asked about New York City area breweries. Equilibrium up next when I'm in the area again (even though it's not real close to NYC).

Reaction Score
Went to Other Half in Brooklyn Saturday night. It was great. Thanks to those that suggested it many pages back when I asked about New York City area breweries. Equilibrium up next when I'm in the area again (even though it's not real close to NYC).
Modern Times had them out here in August for their annual Dankness Fest. My girl and I were disappointed. Even in their Trillium collaboration

Reaction Score
Modern Times had them out here in August for their annual Dankness Fest. My girl and I were disappointed. Even in their Trillium collaboration
Really? They had a bunch of great IPAs (the Daydream series is especially good). The barrel aged stout I had (even though it's pretty ridiculous to pay $20 for a 16 ounce bottle) was also very good.

I thought the Trillium collaboration with Other Half, All Hundred Thousand Trillion Everything was excellent.

Had some Equilibriums over the weekend also and I thought those were really good. Better than Other Half.

Reaction Score
Really? They had a bunch of great IPAs (the Daydream series is especially good). The barrel aged stout I had (even though it's pretty ridiculous to pay $20 for a 16 ounce bottle) was also very good.

I thought the Trillium collaboration with Other Half, All Hundred Thousand Trillion Everything was excellent.

Had some Equilibriums over the weekend also and I thought those were really good. Better than Other Half.
Well when you're in the immediate company of Great Notion, Abnormal, Monkish, Highland Park, Green Cheek, Pure Project, and Fieldwork... it's tough to stand out. We've been following them from afar on Instagram and maybe were over-hyping them

Edit speaking of Trillium, they just posted today about how they’re getting ready to open a location in North Stonington, by Mystic

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well when you're in the immediate company of Great Notion, Abnormal, Monkish, Highland Park, Green Cheek, Pure Project, and Fieldwork... it's tough to stand out. We've been following them from afar on Instagram and maybe were over-hyping them

Edit speaking of Trillium, they just posted today about how they’re getting ready to open a location in North Stonington, by Mystic
That will be great for CT residents. Trillium is my favorite brewery. In general I like their beers even better than Treehouse. Plus I like how they are always coming out with new stuff to try. Keeps it interesting.

Reaction Score

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've been following Labyrinth's progress and they just opened in Manchester. Haven't tried them yet.

Labyrinth Brewing Company

Just heard about these guys the other day, also in Manchester.

2nd Bridge Brewing Co. Manchester, Connecticut Handcrafted Craft Beers & IPAs

My wife's coworker is opening a brewery with his friends in the next month or so in New London. I've sampled several of their beers in many styles and they are legit!

Home
This is insane. I saw a piece on the local news a couple weeks ago that reported that there are currently more than 80 breweries in CT, whereas five to ten years ago the number was in the 20s I think. Good for consumers I suppose but I don't know how sustainable this growth is. I suspect that around half of these won't be around in another ten years.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This is insane. I saw a piece on the local news a couple weeks ago that reported that there are currently more than 80 breweries in CT, whereas five to ten years ago the number was in the 20s I think. Good for consumers I suppose but I don't know how sustainable this growth is. I suspect that around half of these won't be around in another ten years.

Survival of the Fittest. Definitely good for consumers...although you're right, the bubble will definitely burst at some point.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Maybe all these beers will not find a retail following but they could make it with their tap rooms. That's where the kids are doing much of their drinking these days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom