Beer | Page 163 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
By who? NC has tons of good local craft breweries, I frequent a few around here. Never has anyone called Sam Adams a microbrew. Maybe your Busch and Natty Lights guys who don't know any better might. Sam Adams is much bigger deal up in the Northeast, I never see anyone actually drinking it here.

I thoroughly enjoy what Foothills puts out whenever I am down there.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Re: Same Adams and recipe changing.

I swear like maybe 5 -7 years ago they changed their Summer Ale without ever saying anything. I used to like going to Sliders on Fridays in the summer and getting pitchers of it, but to me, it tastes totally different these days.

Reaction Score
Re: Same Adams and recipe changing.

I swear like maybe 5 -7 years ago they changed their Summer Ale without ever saying anything. I used to like going to Sliders on Fridays in the summer and getting pitchers of it, but to me, it tastes totally different these days.

I bought a keg of it for a party years ago and now I don't care for it at all.

Many will say that it's a change in your palate that causes this, but I don't know. I still drink several beers that I drank 20+ years ago, Harpoon IPA and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale to mention a few.

On a related note, I found this beer forum post from May 2010.

*Thanks for the email. We did make a change to Summer Ale this year; albeit a very minor change. We changed the lemon to a better lemon with brighter flavor and aroma. We are still using real lemon peel but the peel is slightly different. All other aspects of the beer are the same.
Thank you for your email and you interest in the great beers here at the Boston Beer Company.
Cheers,

Todd Bellomy
Consumer Relations Representative
The Boston Beer Company

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Many will say that it's a change in your palate that causes this, but I don't know. I still drink several beers that I drank 20+ years ago, Harpoon IPA and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale to mention a few.

*Thanks for the email. We did make a change to Summer Ale this year; albeit a very minor change. We changed the lemon to a better lemon with brighter flavor and aroma. We are still using real lemon peel but the peel is slightly different. All other aspects of the beer are the same.
Thank you for your email and you interest in the great beers here at the Boston Beer Company.
Cheers,

Todd Bellomy
The Boston Beer Company

That's actually really funny you found that. I thought the beer tasted more lemony and that's what I didn't like about it.

Guess all the people who thought I was crazy are, well, still right (but at least I have this feather in my cap).

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
They sold 2 roads at the kiosks last year around the stadium. It was the same price as miller lire and coors lite for 16 0z can

Reaction Score
My palate has definitely changed since the hop-forward IPAs became all the rage. I switch to more malty stuff and stouts in the winter in part to reset it again. That and I really like more weight to my beer when the temperatures drop.

I even enjoy pumpkin spice season (now ducking when beer snobs throw full IPA cans after I say that)

Reaction Score
That's actually really funny you found that. I thought the beer tasted more lemony and that's what I didn't like about it.

Guess all the people who thought I was crazy are, well, still right (but at least I have this feather in my cap).

I'm not a big fan of lemon in my beer either. I'm not a big wheat beer fan, but I did like the previous rendition of it.

My palate has definitely changed since the hop-forward IPAs became all the rage. I switch to more malty stuff and stouts in the winter in part to reset it again. That and I really like more weight to my beer when the temperatures drop.

I even enjoy pumpkin spice season (now ducking when beer snobs throw full IPA cans after I say that)

I do the same. I call them 10/1 - 5/1 beers. From October to May, I drink the stouts, porters and malty stuff...and of course the Scotches. I only like the pumpkin in my pies!

Reaction Score
Gosh I really appreciate bmayuc's thread about the 2 deep. No clue what his handle means, maybe Big Mother All Year @ Uconn.com. But that is missing the letter F, but anyway:

To those who think RE is the wrong choice - again

Next:

The O line should be better, not sure about QB. I agree with the the bantam who points out that BS was very good, and I hope Pindal will be better. Now on RB I actually don't know much about any of them, sans Mensha, but I trust the staff, but I'm nervous. Let's hope its a bright spot

The receivers should be awesome.

On D - Lets pull an Alabama/LSU and have young guys play well. We have all heard that we actually may a have D line.

Not convinced that about the Linebackers they may be suspect, and I agree they are. Who knows? I have hope for the secondary which I believe should surprise.

But its all up to the Line Backers!!

So there you go, and to the casual fan = show UP its a very fun outing and if we start winning games its a gas. I have not been to many games, because I live in NC, but the win versus UVA at home (and the loss away), the Meinike Bowl appearance are just three games that I will always remember - well not maybe not the loss at UVA.

So I may be moving back to Glastonbury, and if I do I will steadily be at every UConn home game, no matter what, because I love the school.

So what I don't understand is I lived in Wethersfield, Simsbury, Hartford, South Kent, New Milford, and Litchfield. over the years. SO SUPPORT THE TEAM!

So wither I am penniless or worth a few millions - its always about the support and team and management

So lets hope for an ending like this:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You actually sounded sober.

Not for long, I have a historic of spout int off. ie
acc
john swofford and crew at the garden - which is actually true - but its bb oriented and just fof laughs from the commissioner staff - All they say is that UConn is a strong state supported school and will end up OK.

And then my friend will say,"And you took UL".

Reaction Score
Very sober ....

On D - Lets pull an Alabama/LSU and have young guys play well. We have all heard that we actually may a have D line.

When I think of our team, my immediate comparison or analogy is the SEC West

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Not for long, I have a historic of spout int off. ie
acc
john swofford and crew at the garden - which is actually true - but its bb oriented and just fof laughs from the commissioner staff - All they say is that UConn is a strong state supported school and will end up OK.

And then my friend will say,"And you took UL".
Looks like you got drunk in the 11 minutes between posts. ;) Great post, though. I'm hoping we can surprise a few folks this year.

Reaction Score
Gosh I really appreciate bmayuc's thread about the 2 deep. No clue what his handle means, maybe Big Mother All Year @ Uconn.com. But that is missing the letter F, but anyway:

To those who think RE is the wrong choice - again

Next:

The O line should be better, not sure about QB. I agree with the the bantam who points out that BS was very good, and I hope Pindal will be better. Now on RB I actually don't know much about any of them, sans Mensha, but I trust the staff, but I'm nervous. Let's hope its a bright spot

The receivers should be awesome.

Not convinced that about the Linebackers they may be suspect, and I agree they are. Who knows? I have hope for the secondary which I believe should surprise.

But its all up to the Line Backers!!

So there you go, and to the casual fan = show UP its a very fun outing and if we start winning games its a gas. I have not been to many games, because I live in NC, but the win versus UVA at home (and the loss away), the Meinike Bowl appearance are just three games that I will always remember - well not maybe not the loss at UVA.

So I may be moving back to Glastonbury, and if I do I will steadily be at every UConn home game, no matter what, because I love the school.

So what I don't understand is I lived in Wethersfield, Simsbury, Hartford, South Kent, New Milford, and Litchfield. over the years. SO SUPPORT THE TEAM!

So wither I am penniless or worth a few millions - its always about the support and team and management

So lets hope for an ending like this:

Don’t be surprised if we see Washington this year

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is this even a deal?

Aren’t 20oz beers like $8-$9 full price?

C

Chief00

Is this even a deal?

Aren’t 20oz beers like $8-$9 full price?

I don’t know if that’s 16 or 20oz? But I get the point - I was happy they tried to do something and it’s only in one of type of concessions - they were probably fighting all the layers of state bureaucracy and vendor contracts at The Rent. Agree, after all that not as effective as could be but at least they attempted to do something.

Last edited by a moderator:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Cheers,

Todd Bellomy
The Boston Beer Company

I’m not a nerdy beer snob but used to like Sam’s Summer. I was going to post something went south with it before you guys beat me too it.

Reaction Score
I must retract the above. This year they had No Filter and Headway for sale. And on the way out, I noticed Too Juicy as well. Those three alone make for the best stadium beer selection I ever seen in person. And I was at Met Life a month ago as a frame of reference.
I was shocked how good the beer selection is now. I picked up a Two Juicy which is something I'd never thought I'd see at a stadium and it's the same price as any other craft beer. Big props to Benedict and/or whoever else idea this was.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom