Beer | Page 160 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Keytar is ok, but not great. Way too much vanilla for me that makes it sweet. Nice as a break, but hard to pound a 2nd one.

Reaction Score
Sorry if this is a repeat, but Im in Newport RI for a wedding and had a beer from proclamation ale company last night at dinner, a NEIPA, and it was awesome - had never heard of them before and only got it because I was trying to order a fox farm beer (also awesome) and they were out of it. If you see anything by them give it a shot.

Reaction Score
Checked out Iron Hill Brewery while in Greenville, SC this week...Crusher is an excellent session.

Reaction Score
Sorry if this is a repeat, but Im in Newport RI for a wedding and had a beer from proclamation ale company last night at dinner, a NEIPA, and it was awesome - had never heard of them before and only got it because I was trying to order a fox farm beer (also awesome) and they were out of it. If you see anything by them give it a shot.

Proclamation recently moved from a warehouse right next to URI, to a warehouse in Warwick (right near the airport)... always a fun visit...variety of options

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Bell's Brewing (Comstock, MI) is now in CT.

Was given three sample brews by a packy owner I know. He wasn't interested in tasting them when a sales dude left them there. So, I am his taster.

The Two Hearted Ale is fantastic!! Smooth 7% ale with slight orange on the nose and it is so smooth.

The Oberon Wheat Ale is also really good. Wheaty. Didn't get much hoppiness in it but there supposed to be some spiciness in there. Very good beer.

Tomorrow I will drink the Bell's Amber Ale.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Was given three sample brews by a packy owner I know. I wasn't interested in tasting them when a sales dude left them there. So, I am his taster.

The Two Hearted Ale is fantastic!! Smooth 7% ale with slight orange on the nose and it is so smooth.

The Oberon Wheat Ale is also really good. Wheaty. Didn't get much hoppiness in it but there supposed to be some spiciness in there. Very good beer.

Great brewer. Two Hearted Ale was one of my all-timers, but all their beers are great if you like the style.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Treehouse is solid, but I was getting a little worn out with 57 varieties of DIPA. A friend gave me a can of "Old Man" which is an ESB (Extra Special Bitter) and I was blown away! So refreshing to see them make a great beer in a style that is falling between the cracks as every brewery is cranking out this week's rendition of last week's DIPA.
They’ve been making Old Man for at least 3 years. Probably the best yard work beer you could ever buy.

Reaction Score

Was given three sample brews by a packy owner I know. He wasn't interested in tasting them when a sales dude left them there. So, I am his taster.

Two Hearted is great, and I can't wait for Hopslam in January. They've been making this DIPA for nearly 15 years.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'll have to buy a sixer of Two-Hearted. I tried it on tap at THC and wasn't blown away.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'll have to buy a sixer of Two-Hearted. I tried it on tap at THC and wasn't blown away.
My fond memories of it are based primarily on my experience with it 10 to 20 years ago. I would be curious to see how it stands up to the IPAs of today.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
My fond memories of it are based primarily on my experience with it 10 to 20 years ago. I would be curious to see how it stands up to the IPAs of today.
No bitterness. No citrus blast. Subtle hoppiness. Its very smooth and crushable.

Reaction Score

I remember drinking Bell's beers around 1990 when I was at the University of Michigan. It was the only local craft beer around there and I think their brewery was very small. They brewed some interesting stuff. They must have expanded since then.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I have some PTO coming up next month; looking for a little advice from anyone that may know. First, I'm going to Lake Winnipesaukee in mid-July. Does anyone know of any good breweries in the area? It's a family vacation, so I can't really travel that far from the lake...hoping there's something nearby.

Also, I'm off at the end of July and plan on going to Treehouse with my dad on August 1st, a Wednesday. We're planning on golfing in the morning somewhere nearby, then stopping in to grab a case or two of beer (and hopefully a couple of pints). Should we plan on golfing after we go get beer? Will they run out of certain types if we don't show up when they first open?

Reaction Score
I have some PTO coming up next month; looking for a little advice from anyone that may know. First, I'm going to Lake Winnipesaukee in mid-July. Does anyone know of any good breweries in the area? It's a family vacation, so I can't really travel that far from the lake...hoping there's something nearby.

Also, I'm off at the end of July and plan on going to Treehouse with my dad on August 1st, a Wednesday. We're planning on golfing in the morning somewhere nearby, then stopping in to grab a case or two of beer (and hopefully a couple of pints). Should we plan on golfing after we go get beer? Will they run out of certain types if we don't show up when they first open?
Breweries closest to Winnipesaukee are Kettlehead in Tilton and The Lone Wolfe in Wolfeboro. Both have taprooms. Burnt Timber Brewing & Tavern in Wolfeboro is more of a brewpub (I've never been there but that's what it sounds like). There are others around there but not as close. Depends which part of the lake you're on. Check this out for other breweries in NH: Beer Map - Brew NH

With Treehouse, the taproom isn't open on Wednesdays. Just Tuesdays and Saturdays. With the increased capacity at the new brewery in Charlton they don't usually run out of the regular rotation beers that they offer that day (usually 3 of the regulars like Julius, Green, Haze, Doppelganger, Bright) but if there's a special release or something they have a 2 can limit on (like King Julius, Very Green, etc.) that usually sells out quicker. Although the 2 can limit is put in place specifically so they don't run out. Either bring a big cooler to put all the beer in or go golfing first. I've never been there when they open at noon but I heard the lines usually are better around 3:00.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Breweries closest to Winnipesaukee are Kettlehead in Tilton and The Lone Wolfe in Wolfeboro. Both have taprooms. Burnt Timber Brewing & Tavern in Wolfeboro is more of a brewpub (I've never been there but that's what it sounds like). There are others around there but not as close. Depends which part of the lake you're on. Check this out for other breweries in NH: Beer Map - Brew NH

With Treehouse, the taproom isn't open on Wednesdays. Just Tuesdays and Saturdays. With the increased capacity at the new brewery in Charlton they don't usually run out of the regular rotation beers that they offer that day (usually 3 of the regulars like Julius, Green, Haze, Doppelganger, Bright) but if there's a special release or something they have a 2 can limit on (like King Julius, Very Green, etc.) that usually sells out quicker. Although the 2 can limit is put in place specifically so they don't run out. Either bring a big cooler to put all the beer in or go golfing first. I've never been there when they open at noon but I heard the lines usually are better around 3:00.

Awesome, thanks for all the great advice! Good to know they most likely won't run out.

Reaction Score

Bell's is good stuff...I LOVE the Two-Hearted...

Reaction Score
The explosion of microbreweries is the best thing that's happened in America in the last 5 years.
Pretty much anywhere you go these days, there's at least one, usually multiple, microbreweries nearby.
God continues to bless America....

Reaction Score
Can't believe this thread slipped to page 2. I'll bring it back to page 1.

If anyone is near Trillium you should pick up some Wetsuit. It's a collaboration with Evil Twin and just came out yesterday. If you like the juicy New England style IPAs this is about as good as it gets. It was really good. 9.9% triple IPA without a hint of bite. Really smooth and full of fruit flavors.

Wetsuit Triple IPA

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I went out to the bar a few weeks ago and they had Dogfish Head 120 Minute on tap. It was very boozy, and I didn't know until I ordered it that it's 18% ABV. Needless to say I took my sweet time with it.

Reaction Score
Can't believe this thread slipped to page 2. I'll bring it back to page 1.

If anyone is near Trillium you should pick up some Wetsuit. It's a collaboration with Evil Twin and just came out yesterday. If you like the juicy New England style IPAs this is about as good as it gets. It was really good. 9.9% triple IPA without a hint of bite. Really smooth and full of fruit flavors.

Wetsuit Triple IPA

Looks delish...and I've found I really like those with Mosaic and/or Citra hops....

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Well being in Michigan a lot I drink it a lot.

Its fine.

But these days? Its pretty mundane compared to what we are drinking here.

Best I can say for it in comparison to the Heavyweights coming out almost daily these days. Is that it is more medium bodied, even weighted hop wise, and coiffable. To the point you could almost think of it as a summer time "Cold drinking" IPA

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It doesn't. I get it down in SC when I visit my parents. Super thick and malty, a bit sweet. It's certainly a decent IPA, but it's almost a highly hopped, higher abv English IPA in style. I'd say if you blended Dogfish 60 and 90 50-50 it would be similar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom