Beer | Page 158 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
enjoy surfing/snowboarding/soccer/disc golf, good beer, Latinas etc.
didwejustbrcomebestfriends.jpeg

I’m coming back to Boston for professional reasons mostly, and because my parents are still back in the Northeast and if I’m having a family I don’t want them to be that far away

Reaction Score
I'd grab a drink with pretty much everyone. I think the few I wouldn't know well enough who they are because they'd be uninterested themselves.

I've already grabbed a drink with @intlzncster it was a good time other than Kansas smacking UConn around. He even had a young lady from a bachelorette sidle up to him for a little while.

We should catch a game again this year, since I feel like even when they'll lose I'll be less likely to gouge my eyes out.

I have a friend!

Neither of us expected much from that Kansas game. But it's the post season, so it had to be done. That was the starkest difference in size I can ever remember against a UCONN team. It was actually comical.

Definitely down to catch up this year. The renewed excitement alone should make it worth it.

I have another friend!

I've no doubt we'd get along, even though I'm quite partial to seafood and barbecue. I get along with most people anyway.

RE personal info, you gotta be stealth on the internet if you want to survive in the modern world. We can't all be Auggie. Briefly: dual citizen US/Australia; lived in Oz for 8 years; enjoy surfing/snowboarding/soccer/disc golf, good beer, Latinas etc.

Kinda dislike politics, cause I feel like it's mostly a wank. But I guess I veer fiscally conservative, socially liberal. I abhor both extreme ends of the spectrum (militants and SJWs); very anti PC; very anti participation trophy. I hate all politicians. Pragmatist and proponent of efficiency. Largely cynical about the world; I prefer to laugh at it though. Trying to explain who you are politically blows I just discovered.

But why would you ever want to come back here from San Diego? Once you escape prison, you don't just voluntarily return.

didwejustbrcomebestfriends.jpeg

I’m coming back to Boston for professional reasons mostly, and because my parents are still back in the Northeast and if I’m having a family I don’t want them to be that far away

tenor.gif

Reaction Score
Good call. Missed him too. We get along real well here but for whatever reason I don't know the first thing about him

Actually I could say the same about you my man

When I eventually get back to Boston and have a car and start hitting up breweries around New England I imagine I’ll be meeting a bunch of you
Let's do it.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Friar, once I move back to Portland, if you find your way down I-5 I'll buy you a beer and listen to your stories of homeless terrorists.

Reaction Score
When are you having the surgery? One eye or both? I had both done years ago and was absolutely amazed at the colors with the new lenses.

Conjunctivitis.com – that’s a site for sore eyes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No Arby's in England. Sad

Haven't seen one yet. Plenty of traditional food although I've only found one pub who cooked their chips (steak fries for the Yankees) decent. They tend to serve them mushy right out of the fryer. I like 'em crunchy on the outside.

OTOH, Americans are so missing out on minty mushy peas as a side. When seasoned correctly (read: less mint, more salt) at the consistency of refried beans they are phenomenal.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
...[removed due to being dull...]

OTOH, Americans are so missing out on minty mushy peas as a side. When seasoned correctly (read: less mint, more salt) at the consistency of refried beans they are phenomenal.
I have a Gordon Ramsey cookbook with a Minted Pea Mash recipe. Easy, and pretty good.

Back to beer...if you see Hop Bullet IIPA from Sierra Nevada try it.

Reaction Score
Sipping my Woodford Reserve bourbon and feeling sorry for you beer drinkers. One question, What is SoS?

Reaction Score
Treehouse is solid, but I was getting a little worn out with 57 varieties of DIPA. A friend gave me a can of "Old Man" which is an ESB (Extra Special Bitter) and I was blown away! So refreshing to see them make a great beer in a style that is falling between the cracks as every brewery is cranking out this week's rendition of last week's DIPA.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Treehouse is solid, but I was getting a little worn out with 57 varieties of DIPA. A friend gave me a can of "Old Man" which is an ESB (Extra Special Bitter) and I was blown away! So refreshing to see them make a great beer in a style that is falling between the cracks as every brewery is cranking out this week's rendition of last week's DIPA.

I love Old Man. That is a great beer. Great example of the style, with a little more than most of the English versions. Their Brown Ale is called Bear and it is also excellent. IPAs and DIPAs pay the bills, but those guys are great brewers of all sorts of stuff. Their Good Morning coffee stout is amazing.

Reaction Score
I love Old Man. That is a great beer. Great example of the style, with a little more than most of the English versions. Their Brown Ale is called Bear and it is also excellent. IPAs and DIPAs pay the bills, but those guys are great brewers of all sorts of stuff. Their Good Morning coffee stout is amazing.

I'm a big fan of Brown Ales, I'll have to jump on that one. Stouts and Scotch Ales too. Love that malt. One of my beefs with the DIPA craze is that some breweries just concentrate on the amount of hops they put in and don't give it a malt backbone. With no balance, it's all Hop Stoopid.

Reaction Score
I'm a big fan of Brown Ales, I'll have to jump on that one. Stouts and Scotch Ales too. Love that malt. One of my beefs with the DIPA craze is that some breweries just concentrate on the amount of hops they put in and don't give it a malt backbone. With no balance, it's all Hop Stoopid.

Maybe try Bubble Farm IPA by Clown Shoes. I like IPA's, but not the over the top bitter ones or doubles. The Bubble Farm has a pretty noticeable malt aspect to it... just one guy's opinion...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have to give credit where it's due. I have yet to meet a Cranky that I liked. But Stony Creek had a Mexican lager on tap at Agave that was very good and definitely had that mexican je ne sais que to it. I don't find many lagers from the crafts that I like.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Maybe try Bubble Farm IPA by Clown Shoes. I like IPA's, but not the over the top bitter ones or doubles. The Bubble Farm has a pretty noticeable malt aspect to it... just one guy's opinion...

Haven't had that. I find Sip of Sunshine rather malty, and honestly, the good ole Dogfish Head IPAs, 60 or 90 minute, are both very malty.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I have to give credit where it's due. I have yet to meet a Cranky that I liked. But Stony Creek had a Mexican lager on tap at Agave that was very good and definitely had that mexican je ne sais que to it. I don't find many lagers from the crafts that I like.
That is La Garza! Many posts ago I pimped it as one of Stony's best. I may just say it is their best beer.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
That is La Garza! Many posts ago I pimped it as one of Stony's best. I may just say it is their best beer.

I've only had the IPAs...I hope those aren't their best beers.

Reaction Score
Thoughts on Kent Falls? Probably my favorite overall CT brewery. Shruggie and Doubly Awkward Hugs are probaby both in my top 10 ipas. Candy Cap is a great maple stout. Picked up Buddy Sprinkles Saves the Day this afternoon. Will try it tomorrow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom