Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Hit Citi Field today and checked out the new Mikkeller brewery there. Very impressive. 60 taps, over half of which are their own beers; every one of which I’ve ever tried has been excellent. Today I had the Oceans of Patience Kolsch and Passion Pool (passion fruit gose) and both were great. Perhaps even more impressive however is that the other half are equally great guest beers, including several Hill Farmstead, Nightshift, Maine Beer and several others. Despite the fact that IPAs don’t agree with my GI system anymore, I broke down for the Susan IPA on tap and it was worth whatever discomfort may follow.

They also sell beers to go so I picked up two four packs and am enjoying on the train home as I type. Highly recommend the place. Only bummer is you can’t access from the ballpark. We left at bottom of eighth and watched the rest of the game on TV from there with no regrets.

ETA: Forgot to mention that the brewer at Mikkeller NYC was at Hill Farmstead previously, thus the HF connection.

Last edited:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hit Citi Field today and checked out the new Mikkeller brewery there. Very impressive. 60 taps, over half of which are their own beers; every one of which I’ve ever tried has been excellent. Today I had the Oceans of Patience Kolsch and Passion Pool (passion fruit gose) and both were great. Perhaps even more impressive however is that the other half are equally great guest beers, including several Hill Farmstead, Nightshift, Maine Beer and several others. Despite the fact that IPAs don’t agree with my GI system anymore, I broke down for the Susan IPA on tap and it was worth whatever discomfort may follow.

They also sell beers to go so I picked up two four packs and am enjoying on the train home as I type. Highly recommend the place. Only bummer is you can’t access from the ballpark. We left at bottom of eighth and watched the rest of the game on TV from there with no regrets.

ETA: Forgot to mention that the brewer at Mikkeller NYC was at Hill Farmstead previously, thus the HF connection.

Good to know. If I go back there this year I'll definitely have to have a meal there (or at least a few drinks).

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Good to know. If I go back there this year I'll definitely have to have a meal there (or at least a few drinks).
We didn't eat there, but it looked like they had a couple apps and a couple sandwiches. I would expect the food options to be very limited but good--the focus is on the beer.

Apparently on game days it opens an hour before game time and stays open for two hours after the game, and it is also open on non-game days. When we arrived at the top of the 9th there were maybe ten people in the place, but as soon as the game ended a steady stream of people flowed in and the place got jammed immediately, so I'd plan to get there before then if you go.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
When we arrived at the top of the 9th there were maybe ten people in the place, but as soon as the game ended a steady stream of people flowed in and the place got jammed immediately, so I'd plan to get there before then if you go.

Thanks for the tip. It's not like the baseball game I'm watching beforehand is going to be very exciting anyway.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
How about Hammer & Nail out of Waterbury? That was pretty good stuff for back in the day. Used to drink it in high school.

I think it was Watertown but i do remember drinking the last 8 cans of their dark beer, i cant remember the name, at McFairlawns in Waterbury when they announced going out of business.

Reaction Score
after 120 pages, are we at the suds brewed in the toilet bowl yet?

Reaction Score
after 120 pages, are we at the suds brewed in the toilet bowl yet?

If it's a thing...there's only one way to get rid of it...

ut.PNG

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Seven weeks in England and this will be my lasting taste of English Ales. Damn good beer.

king-goblin.png

Reaction Score
I shop at Aldi and finally tried their beer. I have to admit the Kinroo Blue is pretty good at $6.49 a six. It’s a Blue Moon copy but better.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
The best party I ever threw was a BYOBB - bring your own beer ball

Reaction Score
Can someone try Trillium's new Keytar Bear and let me know how it is? I have serious nostalgia from 2013 about early-years keytar bear and Trillium, and this beer becoming a thing is the funniest thing that happened this week

Reaction Score
Can someone try Trillium's new Keytar Bear and let me know how it is? I have serious nostalgia from 2013 about early-years keytar bear and Trillium, and this beer becoming a thing is the funniest thing that happened this week
Funny you should ask. I stopped by Trillium this afternoon to get Keytar and some other stuff. Keytar was sold out. They said it was all gone yesterday except they had some on draft for growlers this morning but that went quickly also. A friend got some cans so he said he'd save me one.

Reaction Score
Funny you should ask. I stopped by Trillium this afternoon to get Keytar and some other stuff. Keytar was sold out. They said it was all gone yesterday except they had some on draft for growlers this morning but that went quickly also. A friend got some cans so he said he'd save me one.
I remember seeing Keytar Bear playing outside the Park St stop across from the Church back in 2013, just around the time Trillium must have been brand new and were doing pours and small growler fills in their spot in Fort Point. The next time I went, they could only let half the amount of people in as before, and could only sell 22oz bottles.

Not shocked it sold out, pretty sure it came out early this week. Plus, frickin Keytar Bear. It's crazy, given what they were doing when I first drank their beer, to now, an international craft giant that sells out new releases same day

Reaction Score
I got keytar yesterday - will provide a full report tomorrow.

46>45 with two I had today

Reaction Score
I got keytar yesterday - will provide a full report tomorrow.

46>45 with two I had today
I just had the 45 tonight. It was really, really good. I bought the 46 also and if it's better I can't wait to try it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom