BCU and Rutroh - a study of ineptitude | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BCU and Rutroh - a study of ineptitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now you're going to lecture UConn fans on how to behave on their own site?

You've got balls, I'll give you that.

Now , you racist bastard.

Reaction Score
Now you're going to lecture UConn fans on how to behave on their own site?

You've got balls, I'll give you that.

Now , you racist bastard.

I've not even " lectured you " on how you are to act on here. Thats not my call, and I never took on that mantle either. You should be allowed to act on here however you want, imo. But I believe that likewise I should have the right to defend myself from vulgar insinuations of being " a racist " too. I did, but did so in a respectful manner that never attempted to personally insult you in the process, mavblues. Its not even my call as to how you are to behave with this.... although, if you don't like my commentary ( or anyone elses for that matter ) simply putting a poster on "ignore " usually saves one from further personal angst on such a poster's posts on here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've not even " lectured you " on how you are to act on here. Thats not my call, and I never took on that mantle either. You should be allowed to act on here however you want, imo. But I believe that likewise I should have the right to defend myself from vulgar insinuations of being " a racist " too. I did, but did so in a respectful manner that never attempted to personally insult you in the process, mavblues. Its not even my call as to how you are to behave with this.... although, if you don't like my commentary ( or anyone elses for that matter ) simply putting a poster on "ignore " usually saves one from further personal angst on such a poster's posts on here.

We're not going to go out of our way to make it easier for a racist to post on here.

Reaction Score
Boston is an incredibly racist town that loves believing that black people are lazy and just generally inferior to white people. .
I lived in Boston for 63 years, surrounded by people of color, but never thought that " black people are lazy and inferior to white people as a result ". But in my travels around the Globe, its true that I have met a lot of stupid white people that say the most stupid and ignorant things about people they have never even met. Ignorance tends to be color blind too from my experiences. That said, approx 8o- 90% of the people I meet in my travels ( no matter the color of their skin) are decent people. The profane, the vulgar, do get the stage more than they should. But I've managed to dismiss these people, and fortunately have not got caught up in their hateful world. Medical science research does tell us that emotions of repetitive Hate does tend to lead to an early death... and thus to be avoided at all costs whenever possible. Thats why I tend not to take the haters in this world all that seriously.

Reaction Score
Seeing that Yawkey is the last post in thread is like the feeling you used to get walking into a class with a teacher you hated in high school.

"I gotta hear THIS GUY go on and on about nonsense no cares about?!"

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He's dense. He's an apologist for some bad BC behavior. He's genuinely clueless and wanders about the Internet like your 70-year old mom. He posts too much, his posts are too long and the next point he wins will be his first. All true.

But let's ease up on the racist stuff.

Reaction Score
Let me get this right. Yawkey Way places me on ignore after one pretty much harmless post and plays with the rest of you. Hello, troll.

BC's ineptitude spills onto the interwebs.

Reaction Score
Well folks, the Golden Bagel Award goes to BC.

Rutgers was unable to to pull it off as they beat a very bad Minnesota team at home. They finished 1-17 in the B1G. Coupled with their B1G football record of 1-7, they finished 2-24 in the marquee sports.

BC, however, didn't wilt under pressure! They went 0-18 in the ACC in BB and 0-8 in football. They went 0-26 in the marquee sports in 2015-2016. Apparently this hasn't been done in decades.

This is hard to do even if you try. Hats off to them though as they are P-5 (an joke) and collect a big check. Talk about being on the dole!

Reaction Score
Well folks, the Golden Bagel Award goes to BC.

Rutgers was unable to to pull it off as they beat a very bad Minnesota team at home. They finished 1-17 in the B1G. Coupled with their B1G football record of 1-7, they finished 2-24 in the marquee sports.

BC, however, didn't wilt under pressure! They went 0-18 in the ACC in BB and 0-8 in football. They went 0-26 in the marquee sports in 2015-2016. Apparently this hasn't been done in decades.

This is hard to do even if you try. Hats off to them though as they are P-5 (an joke) and collect a big check. Talk about being on the dole!

ESPN is referring to them as Lost-on College. :)

Reaction Score
Honestly this is not a good thing. It shows just how bad northeastern college football is and how little people care about it.

UConn has 100k alums in the state, all within 90 minute drive of the Rent and barely averages 30k game. And the tickets are virtually free as compared to $60, 80, 100 at places like Bama, OSU, Texas, etc.

A lot of it is the conference or not because the ACC passed 2-3 times.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Honestly this is not a good thing. It shows just how bad northeastern college football is and how little people care about it.

UConn has 100k alums in the state, all within 90 minute drive of the Rent and barely averages 30k game. And the tickets are virtually free as compared to $60, 80, 100 at places like Bama, OSU, Texas, etc.

A lot of it is the conference or not because the ACC passed 2-3 times.

While I have a good time poking fun at Oh-and-BC, you're right. Their absolute ineptitude on the field and court does not help UConn out at all to get the out of this G5 hell. Fans around the country tend to group all northeast schools into one regionalized entity. While fans don't make CR decisions, enough of them voicing a generalized "the northeast sahqs" sentiment to their school's administrators can't be a good thing for us.

Ultimately, we have no control over anything except UConn. Keep winning, keep donating, keep watching, and keep investing in UConn. The northeast is way too densely populated an area in the country to give up on...even when D-II level athletics at Oh-and-BC and Rutroh exist.

Reaction Score
...Ultimately, we have no control over anything except UConn. Keep winning, keep donating, keep watching, and keep investing in UConn...

This is my mantra throughout this entire CR nightmare. Everything the UConn administration does should revolve around maintaining/improving the university and make it an institution the student body, the alumni, and the whole state can be proud of. For me, that means becoming a "national" state university -- becoming a "public ivy" would be nice. The rest of CR is out of the university's control. However, positioning ourselves by being the best we can be can only help our chances in CR. Unfortunately, given the current nature of how post-secondary education is currently underwritten, my dreams and aspirations come with a hefty price tag that REQUIRE P5 membership. If that does not happen relatively soon, and the college athletic paradigm remains the same, not only will my dreams and aspirations not come to fruition, we likely will wither on the vine.

Reaction Score
While I have a good time poking fun at Oh-and-BC, you're right. Their absolute ineptitude on the field and court does not help UConn out at all to get the out of this G5 hell. Fans around the country tend to group all northeast schools into one regionalized entity. While fans don't make CR decisions, enough of them voicing a generalized "the northeast sahqs" sentiment to their school's administrators can't be a good thing for us.

Ultimately, we have no control over anything except UConn. Keep winning, keep donating, keep watching, and keep investing in UConn. The northeast is way too densely populated an area in the country to give up on...even when D-II level athletics at Oh-and-BC and Rutroh exist.

I hope our continued success and improvement really matters. But, will it? The point of the post is show that such things simply don't drive CR. If they did, wouldn't we be situated by now? I'll always give BC a whack in the nuts, because they publicly stated that they tried to undermine us. (BTW, BC has the best D-1 hockey program for the last dozen years - so I will give them credit where due.)

Rutgers? Well, what can I say? They never had much to offer before they were added to the B1G and it has only gotten worse. It had to be cable boxes ONLY for Rutgers. Now many think that BC and Rutgers doing poorly hurts us. I don't think so. The NE is still a great untapped market because there is no P-5 team worth watching. We can only help add quality content on air. Further, we have a history of success when we take on a challenge and will again.

Reaction Score
Reporter: What do you think, um, was your best memory playing basketball at Boston College?

BC Sr Dennis Clifford: Probably, just like.........(drops head, about to cry)..............(looks up at the media).........going out to eat. (Drops head and goes back to trying not to cry.)

Harvard basketball looks more appealing in Boston in every way, except the talent on the opponents' teams. BC certainly doesn't have much hope in basketball. They seem content with riding their success in hockey for years to come. Flutie Effect spilled over into hockey quite well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, we were all wrong. BC is absolutely commanding attention from the Boston DMA and getting national press. Looks like the ACC knew what it was doing all along!
It seems like they are trying to respond to our 6th Borough campaign. First they complete the incredibly difficult double-ought and now this.

Doug Flutie didn’t get a Vince Lombardi trophy, but he’ll compete for the Mirrorball trophy.

Very clever BCU. I can see you are well on your way to winning the hearts and minds of the subtantial New England dance reality show fan base.

Reaction Score
If we go to Alumni with a big fan contingent and then beat that team and then march out of that place ....UCONN!!......HUSKIES!! that will be it for Adazio. I mean it. I don't think the fans or administration could endure it. And at that point Bates is probably toast as well. That won't be an easy feat, but it's possible.

DeFilippo duckked that athletic department and then they compounded it with poor hires after that. Big problems there and Fr. Leahy may very well be wondering why he needs big time athletics.

Reaction Score
If we go to Alumni with a big fan contingent and then beat that team and then march out of that place ....UCONN!!.HUSKIES!! that will be it for Adazio. I mean it. I don't think the fans or administration could endure it. And at that point Bates is probably toast as well. That won't be an easy feat, but it's possible.

DeFilippo duckked that athletic department and then they compounded it with poor hires after that. Big problems there and Fr. Leahy may very well be wondering why he needs big time athletics.
Addazio may be done before the UConn game if he doesn't get that ship righted.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If we go to Alumni with a big fan contingent and then beat that team and then march out of that place ....UCONN!!.HUSKIES!! that will be it for Adazio. I mean it.
Big deal. We've already gotten Weis and O'Leary fired. Didn't do us any good.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Fr. Leahy may very well be wondering why he needs big time athletics.

What's to wonder? He doesn't have them now. Only his opponents qualify as "big time."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom