BCU and Rutroh - a study of ineptitude | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BCU and Rutroh - a study of ineptitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...[/QUOTE]
No schools came calling for Al....period.

Exactly. That was my central point above in your initial claim above that " BC killed Skinner's Career " after he was let go by BC ( in a manner that I did not personally believe should have been done in this fashion ) BC didn't " kill Skinner' career however with the parting of ways. And we've made some progress here this morning it would appear as you have acknowledged this with this correct observation comment here now.

Reaction Score
What about apologizing for lying? You said you were done but you keep coming back.
I never said I would never return here to post. I said I would take a break, and did so. I spend a lot less time on here than 95% of other people interested in a thread topic or two from time to time that involve other schools besides Uconn ( I have under 1,000 posts ). But I have never intentionally attempted to deceive anyone here ( not sure we can say that for all who post here, but thats beside the point ). I will let others here decide, but believe that I have been mostly civil and respectful here with other posters with 98% of my comments and my dialogue with them since I have been on here, knowing full well the intense hatred that many Uconn football fans( on here ) have for most other schools, including BC. I can handle the profanity and hatred that sometimes devolve into personal insults to me from a few posters on here when I attempt to post a non confrontational remark, but it would be nice if the personal insults were at least based on some level of simple fairness, ie as I have not engaged in " lying " on here, for just one example.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't believe you said it was a break. you said you were done. Not surprised a BCU fan would be fuzzy on the details.
No. Thats simply not true. If one wants to go back and look, I responded to a civil request last month to take a break on my posts, and I complied. I never left in anger and said I " am done ". I enjoy reading some of the threads here, and only on ocassion ( typically when the thread discussion is on " BC ") might I choose to participate, but I don't overly post here, imo. I have been a member for a few years now, and my post count is not excessive on here compared to most, imo. And I am respectful here to other posters ( 98- 99& of the time.. anyway ), and don't use profanity, vulgarity either with my infrequent postings here.

Reaction Score
BC had nothing to do with " killing Skinner's career ". If schools thought Al was mistreated in any manner by BC , they wouldn't care a wit about that, they would have hired him in an instant. Besides, this notion that BC has this alleged enormous national political clout to prevent other schools from acting in their own self interests seems rather incredulous to me. BC " killed Skinner's career " ? How ? because they fired him, perhaps as we might agree unceremoniously ? Schools hire Coaches all the time that were fired... even ones fired in mid season. The fact that no top schools came calling for Al to come and Coach them after BC let him go can hardly be viewed to be somehow BC's fault, imo.

No, but in typical Boston fashion, they leaked nonsense to the press to assassinate his character so they didn't look bad for canning him. There was a pretty significant whisper campaign about Skinner being lazy after he left.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Exactly. That was my central point above in your initial claim above that " BC killed Skinner's Career " after he was let go by BC ( in a manner that I did not personally believe should have been done in this fashion ) BC didn't " kill Skinner' career however with the parting of ways. And we've made some progress here this morning it would appear as you have acknowledged this with this correct observation comment here now.[/QUOTE]

Are you really this stupid or is it an act?

Open your eyes, sweetpea.

Reaction Score
I've always wondered whether there's more to the Al Skinner story. Like the kind of secret that neither Al nor the BC brass wants to come to public attention. After all, after the success that Skinner had at BC, it is literally unfathomable that he wasn't able to find another coaching job anywhere in the country for 5 full years. I don't care how "lazy" you heard a coach was, the man went to the ACC finals with Boston College. It took 3 full years before Bryant -- not even a major school -- hired him as an assistant, let alone a headcoach. Now 5 years after leaving BC he's finally back to head coaching, at Kennesaw State.

I don't think there's any value in speculating what it is, but there must be something more there than a smear campaign from an unhappy former-employer. Something serious enough that when interested AD's came looking and got the full story from those at BC in-the-know, it just completely ruled out the possibility of hiring Al Skinner. Something serious enough that only 3 years later was it "ok" to hire Skinner as an assistant. Something serious enough that only 5 full years later was it ok for a school like Kennesaw State to take a chance on Al.

Forget laziness.

Reaction Score
I've always wondered whether there's more to the Al Skinner story. Like the kind of secret that neither Al nor the BC brass wants to come to public attention. After all, after the success that Skinner had at BC, it is literally unfathomable that he wasn't able to find another coaching job anywhere in the country for 5 full years. I don't care how "lazy" you heard a coach was, the man went to the ACC finals with Boston College. It took 3 full years before Bryant -- not even a major school -- hired him as an assistant, let alone a headcoach. Now 5 years after leaving BC he's finally back to head coaching, at Kennesaw State.

I don't think there's any value in speculating what it is, but there must be something more there than a smear campaign from an unhappy former-employer. Something serious enough that when interested AD's came looking and got the full story from those at BC in-the-know, it just completely ruled out the possibility of hiring Al Skinner. Something serious enough that only 3 years later was it "ok" to hire Skinner as an assistant. Something serious enough that only 5 full years later was it ok for a school like Kennesaw State to take a chance on Al.

Forget laziness.

Glad you don't see any value in speculating about the man's reputation.

Good lord it's a dim BC lot that finds its way to this board.

Reaction Score
Yeah, let's just say that that Skinner's race didn't make the 'lazy' narrative any harder to push around these parts.
Yes, some people do see " race " as factor whenever something involves an African American employee being let go by a white employer. Its the times we live in. My guess, BC did not hire Al because of " his race ", nor decide years later to let him go for the same reason. Some people instinctively reach for the race card angle these days. Sometimes there is actually a case of racism involved, but most of the time, especially when it involves all these heavily progressive oriented Colleges, its just a red herring thats leveled at the white employers at these colleges whenever a person of Color is either hired... or later let go.. But who knows. That said, I wish Al Skinner was still the Coach at BC. BC has obviously struggled bigtime since his departure ( But Christian could be close to turning it around, once he gets his 2 injured underclassmen starters back... and it is the youngest team, by far, in the ACC right now. So there might be some light at the tunnel for the BC Hoops team.. next year should be more telling on Christian's abilities, imo. )

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Forget laziness.

Some people have speculated that it was Al's Assistants that were in the forefront in most of BC's recruiting, as Al really did not like doing it, and there was criticism on this. Whether it was true or not regarding Al, is certainly open to agreement or disagreement. But no matter ones thoughts on Al, its true that his phone did not ring for over 5 years to become a Head Coach at any other Major. If he was in demand, its just reasonable to assume that this should not have been the case. Even Jim O' Brien ( Al's predecessor at BC ) wound up as the Head Coach in the Big 10 at Ohio State soon after leaving BC. Why Al got no similar offers after being let go from BC is rather surprising to many, to say the least.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
BC what a joke. Winless in conference for football and basketball. In a weak conference to boot.

Reaction Score
So you think I'm " a racist " ? For selecting the name of the street I parked my car as a former season ticket holder of the Boston Red Sox before I moved to SW Florida ? Yikes. Incidentally you'll probably be pleased to know that BC also lost to the Red Sox today at Fort Myers ( game I attended.). BC's 1st 3 pitchers, did well against Boston's expected Opening Day lineup however, sans Ortiz today. ) I go to these games each year here. Its kind of cool when these 18-22 year old amateurs get a hit, or if they are piching, a strike out of one of these major League stars. its something to tell their future kids or grandkids long after their amateur college playing days are over, imo.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Some people have speculated that it was Al's Assistants that were in the forefront in most of BC's recruiting, as Al really did not like doing it, and there was criticism on this. Whether it was true or not regarding Al, is certainly open to agreement or disagreement. But no matter ones thoughts on Al, its true that his phone did not ring for over 5 years to become a Head Coach at any other Major. If he was in demand, its just reasonable to assume that this should not have been the case. Even Jim O' Brien ( Al's predecessor at BC ) wound up as the Head Coach in the Big 10 at Ohio State soon after leaving BC. Why Al got no similar offers after being let go from BC is rather surprising to many, to say the least.
No one is this dense. He left BC for the Ohio State job.

Reaction Score
Yes, some people do see " race " as factor whenever something involves an African American employee being let go by a white employer. Its the times we live in. My guess, BC did not hire Al because of " his race ", nor decide years later to let him go for the same reason. Some people instinctively reach for the race card angle these days. Sometimes there is actually a case of racism involved, but most of the time, especially when it involves all these heavily progressive oriented Colleges, its just a red herring thats leveled at the white employers at these colleges whenever a person of Color is either hired... or later let go.. But who knows. That said, I wish Al Skinner was still the Coach at BC. BC has obviously struggled bigtime since his departure ( But Christian could be close to turning it around, once he gets his 2 injured underclassmen starters back... and it is the youngest team, by far, in the ACC right now. So there might be some light at the tunnel for the BC Hoops team.. next year should be more telling on Christian's abilities, imo. )

That's not what I said. I said that it was easy for the BC goons to push the lazy narrative to the local public, which they did, because Boston is an incredibly racist town that loves believing that black people are lazy and just generally inferior to white people. What a shock that you think that people play the race card too much. You must have fit right in around here.

Reaction Score
Yawkee, ever wonder why it always ends badly? Ever look in the mirror and wonder - is it me?

Reaction Score
Boston is an incredibly racist town that loves believing that black people are lazy and just generally inferior to white people. .

Well, you sure are painting with a rather huge and gigantic wide brush there today, CallMeBruce. If you think Boston town is " racist ", its an unfair knock on its minority population, as the City is now comprised to close to ( or over ) 50% people of color that live there in the Town now. I don't share this viewpoint that modern day City of Boston is " racist " as it has come thru the last decade with far fewer incidents of racism than the vast majority of large cities in the US has. And if Uconn is invited to the Big12, my guess, you'll have no trouble accepting the invite, and then rubbing shoulders with schools and fan bases in Southwest Cities that will make the city of Boston and most of its sports fans seem like a pretty civil group to people of color by contrast. So no, I do not share your viewpoint that the City of Boston in 2016 is somehow unusually " incredibly racist ", any more than I believe that ( for example ) New Haven or Hartford ( or tony Darien) are somehow unusually " incredibly racist towns " now in 2016 either.

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Huh ? I said precisely that in my wording above, ( quote ).. " soon after leaving BC ".
You were implying that he left the same way as Skinner, that he was canned.

Reaction Score
So you think I'm " a racist " ? For selecting the name of the street I parked my car as a former season ticket holder of the Boston Red Sox before I moved to SW Florida ? Yikes. Incidentally you'll probably be pleased to know that BC also lost to the Red Sox today at Fort Myers ( game I attended.). BC's 1st 3 pitchers, did well against Boston's expected Opening Day lineup however, sans Ortiz today. ) I go to these games each year here. Its kind of cool when these 18-22 year old amateurs get a hit, or if they are piching, a strike out of one of these major League stars. its something to tell their future kids or grandkids long after their amateur college playing days are over, imo.

Yep, that's exactly what I think. You're a racist.

Reaction Score
Yep, that's exactly what I think. You're a racist.
I commented above ( my exact words ) :" I wish that Al Skinner was still the Coach at BC ". In your view, this wish makes me then " a racist " ? Do me a favor. Put me on your ignore. This way you won't have to deal with this alleged " racist " of yours anymore ( and moving forward, I won't have to deal with such a ridiculously vulgar and wholly improper assessment of my commentary for the 2 years where overall I have been a non personally insulting, and generally civil & respectful member on this site. toward other posters )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom