BC Grad Transfer Deontae Hawkins: | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BC Grad Transfer Deontae Hawkins:

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Boy did you miss the obvious boat. The quite frankly related to the referenced poster's naive understanding of recruiting and how I would enlighten him on that subject. Focusing on the physical sit you down part is the wrong take. Glad to help clarify.
Hard to overstate how much dumber I feel for having taken part in this.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I'll offer that most recruiting threads are ultimately ruined because the recruit goes somewhere else.

Really tough to have the happy sunny ending when ship sinks every single time.
I prefer to cal it "alternative recruiting successes."

Reaction Score
The first may be fated if things don't improve. The second, well, we can't give them away so having them taken away isn't really a problem. The third might be beyond our reach anyway and the fourth is already gone.
A coach who may lose his 3 pay away football game equivalent job anyways, lose scholarships we don't use anyways except for walkons, postseason eligibility which we did not achieve last season anyways and maintain "our current level of "respect" which has been so helpful to recruiting.

These responses are a little too similar, and only a minute apart. Hmm...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
These responses are a little too similar, and only a minute apart. Hmm...
perhaps they share the same space???????????????????????

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I still maintain that UCONN needs to pivot in terms of recruiting tactics. I see nothing wrong with setting up a welcoming committee similar to Louisville's of a few years ago. Really, you just have to be better in your execution. You can't argue with those National Championship results.

Reaction Score
I still maintain that UConn needs to pivot in terms of recruiting tactics. I see nothing wrong with setting up a welcoming committee similar to Louisville's of a few years ago. Really, you just have to be better in your execution. You can't argue with those National Championship results.
I think they want a perimeter player, Purvis or Daniels type, as a transfer. That's why they were going after Daniels and Doughty

Reaction Score
Judging by the kids list of schools, he wants to play for a true mid major, so that puts us out of the equation. :)

Reaction Score
Don't blame the fan base because KO steered the ship into the rocks while going full steam ahead. Your screechy tl:dr posts are the Boneyard version of "The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves."

Ah, yes... I am quite sure my post hit the mark when you chime in Waquoit... "screechy", eh?

At least I back up my points with facts and history... not like you, who constantly comes on this board to spew hatred with points where you often conflate the truth toward a man who has shown a thousand times more loyalty, respect and love for this program and what it is supposed to stand for than an obtuse, sniveling social media troll like you.

The fact is, you could not carry the man's jock. In basketball, nor in life. Only idiots like you would ever stand behind a position that this man does not deserve a chance to turn things around after what he has done as a player, as a coach and as a representative of this program and University over the last 25 years - he did, after all, save the team in 2013 in one of our darkest times, and then lead those same players to a National Title the next year... although I am quite sure that you constantly tell yourself you would have done that and more when you talk to yourself in the mirror in your bathroom every night.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I still maintain that UConn needs to pivot in terms of recruiting tactics. I see nothing wrong with setting up a welcoming committee similar to Louisville's of a few years ago. Really, you just have to be better in your execution. You can't argue with those National Championship results.
It's been discussed but I seriously wonder the impact of the dying party scene has on recruits. All parties in Mansfield are shut down within an hour at this point.

Even Bunkey would have a tough time selling recruits in the current landscape.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
At least I back up my points with facts and history

Any history you cite is ancient history, any facts you use are irrelevant and usually wrong. Like when you say, "Only idiots like you would ever stand behind a position that this man does not deserve a chance to turn things around." Or the I "spew hatred". I don't take those insults personally, you make it easy to consider the source. I'm on record saying that a title gives you five more years. I hope he does turn it around but I see nothing going on now to give me hope. I want you knobs to tell me I'm wrong. But you would be more credible if you waited until he actually had some current success until you do. All he's done is rearrange the deck chairs. The fact is this program is in dire straights because of KO. Your screeds insulting fans won't change that. And don't question my loyalty, I'll still be buying season tickets and going to games and supporting the team when KO is on the beach counting his buyout money.

Reaction Score
Any history you cite is ancient history, any facts you use are irrelevant and usually wrong. Like when you say, "Only idiots like you would ever stand behind a position that this man does not deserve a chance to turn things around." Or the I "spew hatred". I don't take those insults personally, you make it easy to consider the source. I'm on record saying that a title gives you five more years. I hope he does turn it around but I see nothing going on now to give me hope. I want you knobs to tell me I'm wrong. But you would be more credible if you waited until he actually had some current success until you do. All he's done is rearrange the deck chairs. The fact is this program is in dire straights because of KO. Your screeds insulting fans won't change that. And don't question my loyalty, I'll still be buying season tickets and going to games and supporting the team when KO is on the beach counting his buyout money.

There's no questioning your loyalty as you do go to games no doubt. But this KNOB questions you as one of those who'd prefer to say he was right about KO rather than see him succeed. I mean counting his money on the beach, really you speak of a player/coach who had given so much in such a matter of fact way? He has made mistakes but desereves a shot to revive his wrongdoings whatever they may have been. We all know he's a great guy, how far could he have gone to "ruin" everything to the point of no return. I doubt we are there but I know how much happier you will be if he's counting his buyout money than if they win 25 games, it's obvious.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I know how much happier you will be if he's counting his buyout money than if they win 25 games, it's obvious.

No, you don't. This is my team. It's been my team for decades. It was my team for decades before they won anything. If Ollie ends up on the beach it will mean that the program has crashed and burned. That would hurt me more than most anyone on this board.

Reaction Score
No, you don't. This is my team. It's been my team for decades. It was my team for decades before they won anything. If Ollie ends up on the beach it will mean that the program has crashed and burned. That would hurt me more than most anyone on this board.

You don't act that way. Someone who thinks they have that much skin in the game would try to be more positive about how things will be, should be despite the obvious speed bump we're driving over. He has something to prove but back to the wall I like who we have. If they didn't hire KO we wouldn't have #4 I promise you that. Now we all need to lean on who we know he is and will be again. The alternative is unacceptable at this point.

Hang with the Knobs just a little you'll smile a little more at least.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm on record saying that a title gives you five more years. I hope he does turn it around but I see nothing going on now to give me hope. I want you knobs to tell me I'm wrong. But you would be more credible if you waited until he actually had some current success until you do. All he's done is rearrange the deck chairs. The fact is this program is in dire straights because of KO.

In reality this is the most salient point. None of us know. It doesn't look good right now. But the jury is out. Closer to a judgment, but still undecided.

And agreed on the title thing. No matter what the naysayers claim, Ollie built on JC's and UCONN's legacy significantly. He's doing his best to tear that down now, but it doesn't change the former fact.

The future is unwritten. C'mon KO, pull your head out.

Reaction Score
All you need to do to make these people happy is to pretend that what's happening isn't actually happening.

That's not it at all Fishy but keep up the fight for the program to crash. No one is blind but what's wrong with hoping they win games this year and getting some kind of hope back? There's some real good kids still wearing that uni I can't wait to see how they do. What good does it do to continually crap on a steamy pile?

Reaction Score
It's been discussed but I seriously wonder the impact of the dying party scene has on recruits. All parties in Mansfield are shut down within an hour at this point.

I think it has at least something to do with it. From what I've heard it just keeps getting worse and worse.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I see nothing wrong with setting up a welcoming committee similar to Louisville's of a few years ago.
I think they want a perimeter player, Purvis or Daniels type, as a transfer. That's why they were going after Daniels and Doughty

Do perimeter players really like hookers or something?

upload_2017-7-8_11-57-24.jpeg

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
All you need to do to make these people happy is to pretend that what's happening isn't actually happening.

What's visibly happening isn't a disaster unless it continues happening. One bad year, on the court, on the recruiting trail, and in the locker room, doesn't imply that all years will be bad.

If you have inside information on what's happening that indicates a continuing and enduring failure is in progress, then share it. If you don't, how can you expect us to take your doom and gloom as any more rational than an optimism based on 2014?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

If we have now become relegated to ramping up the Storrs party scene to attract recruits, we have far worse problems than anything Ollie and the present coaching staff can solve. Some of us on this forum attended UConn during an era when there was almost nothing in Storrs. In the mid 70's we had Ted's, Huskies, the Rathskeller in the Student Union building, and nothing else. It's worlds better now than it was back in those days, but it's still a rural setting 30 minutes from any place of any size. Ollie and the current coaching staff can't move the school to a more urban location to satisfy recruits. Somehow, those of us who attended UConn back in the 60's, 70's and 80's figured out a way to have a social life there. That should be far easier to do now than it was then.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom