BC Grad Transfer Deontae Hawkins: | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BC Grad Transfer Deontae Hawkins:

Reaction Score
This is not the UCONN way. You
Don't win titles or allow for development with multiple transfers yearly.

Hilarious that the same suspects treat these
Recruitments as if we landed the next NBA superstar.

C

Chief00

This is not the UConn way. You

So you would advise we give the open scholarships to walkons? We are in the place we are in.

pj

Reaction Score
This is a serious blow to the Fishy-is-Chief conspiracy theory.

It's also a serious blow to Fishy.

It was always clear they were identical twins.

Reaction Score
Why does everyone want to go to New Mexico and WKU these days? I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

WKU is easy... $tansbury's rep precedes. No idea on New Mexico.

Who doesn't anyone want to go to UConn these days?

I fear it's the same reason that three potential starters opted to sit out a year somewhere else than play here.

Reaction Score
I mean once again really? Pacific, WKU and New Mexico do we really believe it's only UConn who failed here or there could be much more to the story? It's too odd that suddenly BC isn't his destination and there's no big names on that list if he is that good.

Or maybe I'm just working a Pollyanna Friday.;)

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I mean once again really? Pacific, WKU and New Mexico do we really believe it's only UConn who failed here or there could be much more to the story? It's too odd that suddenly BC isn't his destination and there's no big names on that list if he is that good.

Or maybe I'm just working a Pollyanna Friday.;)

The story probably is that he can't get in anywhere good.

His list isn't exactly Stanford, Duke, Cal Michigan and Yale.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, let me sit you down and discuss how recruiting really works ...
Better keep your day job.............................

Reaction Score
Seriously... does some group of the "Ollie and staff are incompetent" crowd have to ruin practically every single recruiting thread on this board with the same, tired narrative? Particularly on guys like this one where there could be a variety of legitimate reasons that he would not fit the mold of what this staff is looking for in a future UConn player?

A thread starts that he is available, and then one of you comments on his numbers. Like everyone else, you know virtually nothing about the young man other than his numbers, but does that stop you? Of course not! Instead, you emphatically state he is what we need and "Wow, we must have him, he will automatically make us better next year!"

Then, when you find out we have not shown interest, it is another "Ollie crime against humanity!" and "Ollie once again proves he is incompetent!"

Then, a few more of you chime in and pile on the narrative, even when you have no idea of why Ollie and the staff have not shown interest in the guy. But that of course does not matter to any of you... it is just more proof that they are automatically and totally incompetent! Lather, rinse, repeat.

PLEASE... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... STOP!

You guys want to be angry and vitriolic about losing out on Sid Wilson, A.J. Reeves and other similar recruits to them, fine. Even then some of the rhetoric goes over the top, but at least it is understandable. But going to the level of using every recruiting thread as another point of proof that our coaching staff is incompetent on practically every guy who becomes available is ridiculous. You guys create news where there is none just to spout off the same negative verbiage.

Can we at least see how this year's recruiting class develops, if it does?

"Quite frankly", I used to have a higher opinion of our fan base than I do now...

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Seriously... does some group of the "Ollie and staff are incompetent" crowd have to ruin practically every single recruiting thread on this board with the same, tired narrative? Particularly on guys like this one where there could be a variety of legitimate reasons that he would not fit the mold of what this staff is looking for in a future UConn player?

A thread starts that he is available, and then one of you comments on his numbers. Like everyone else, you know virtually nothing about the young man other than his numbers, but does that stop you? Of course not! Instead, you emphatically state he is what we need and "Wow, we must have him, he will automatically make us better next year!"

Then, when you find out we have not shown interest, it is another "Ollie crime against humanity!" and "Ollie once again proves he is incompetent!"

Then, a few more of you chime in and pile on the narrative, even when you have no idea of why Ollie and the staff have not shown interest in the guy. But that of course does not matter to any of you... it is just more proof that they are automatically and totally incompetent! Lather, rinse, repeat.

You guys want to be angry and vitriolic about losing out on Sid Wilson, A.J. Reeves and other similar recruits to them, fine. Even then some of the rhetoric goes over the top, but at least it is understandable. But going to the level of using every recruiting thread as another point of proof that our coaching staff is incompetent on practically every guy who becomes available is ridiculous. You guys create news where there is none just to spout off the same negative verbiage.

"Quite frankly", I used to have a higher opinion of our fan base than I do now...

With all the evidence, I think it's now safe to say that we suck at recruiting. It's high time we ramp up the golden handshakes, hookers, blow and whatever else we can do to land some of these world beaters. :rolleyes:

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Says who?
"Quite frankly," in the Calhoun-ian sense, means "I'm going to be honest with you" or "Let me explain something in terms you will understand." Following a "quite frankly" with a statement of intent ("Let me sit you down ..."), is nonsensical.
Although, to be fair, I'm just a casual fan of the English language.

Reaction Score
I actually agree in this instance that there is probably nothing the staff could have done about a kid looking at Pacific and New Mexico.

But if we lost him to a big name school, those same people would be insisting that there is no way you can hold the staff accountable for losing him given our conference.

The bottom line is that people who want to find an excuse will and the people who don't want to find an excuse won't. It gets tedious re-hashing the same logic in every thread, but over the larger sample of data, it's hard to argue the results aren't concerning.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This is not the UConn way. You

The NCAA is different now. Transfers are a big deal.

You didn't like watching Kromah or Gibbs and Miller here? Each of those teams (especially the latter) is a lot worse off without the transfers.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

This could be solved if we did away with recruiting threads about players with no reported interest. Considering they add nothing but false hope to this board. But I'll keep clicking on them anyways...

C

Chief00

"Quite frankly," in the Calhoun-ian sense, means "I'm going to be honest with you" or "Let me explain something in terms you will understand." Following a "quite frankly" with a statement of intent ("Let me sit you down ..."), is nonsensical.
Although, to be fair, I'm just a casual fan of the English language.

Boy did you miss the obvious boat. The quite frankly related to the referenced poster's naive understanding of recruiting and how I would enlighten him on that subject. Focusing on the physical sit you down part is the wrong take. Glad to help clarify.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, as in any business, you either demonstrate results or leave yourself open to criticism/second guessing. KO and staff's recruiting results have been just poor this year and then add in the 4 star level departures and it has a really bad smell to it.

Having said that I did recently post that I think we will be better than people think next year. Although, at this point, I see a lot of hurt the following year if we don't start reeling in the tuna.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom