Baylor Postgame Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Baylor Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I want Nika in the game very much, but the 5 today seems to the team. Do you run Nika in & out, when Ono/AE have too many fouls? There are games....say Stanford, where we need 2 bigs - but if they can be lured into fouling.... Aubrey's defense against Smith was wonderful. UConns courage, toughness, & grit is most wonderful - & Geno's coaching in the tightest & toughest of games is incredible.
The way they let them play is the game Nika loves to play. She could have helped with Carrington

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Presented without comment.

61684E50-7F5C-45E2-B147-F9713DDFB27D.jpeg
B1C798C5-149C-4F5A-806C-0FE120A7200D.jpeg

JBK

Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Baylor game:
  • Considering that 2 of the top 3 defensive teams in the country were playing each other, it sure didn’t look like it after they combined to put up 50 pts in the 1st qtr.
  • It was great to see the Huskies come out hot, but Baylor is too good a defensive team, so it was always going to be a grind it out game.
  • The game changed when Aaliyah went out for UConn and Carrington came in for Baylor. From then on Baylor started crashing the boards and ramped up their defense.
  • The game changed again when Richards popped a hamstring, allowing Paige to get some room to maneuver on offense.
  • What a great defensive stop by the Huskies to come away with the victory.
  • That was incredibly stressful. I’m sure glad it’s over
  • UConn advances to the 13th straight FF, although none of them were quite as hard as this one.
Baylor coach gave no congrats or credit to UCONN for a job well done. She is a usually classy coach who could not rise above the fact she lost. It was a game a runs and who know if the conclusion would have been different with DIdi. They went down 16 to 4 with her on the court

Reaction Score
Very physical game. It is a shame that all people will say is how there was no foul called on that last play. Like many other posters already have said, how about the many non-calls Baylor got away with all game? Those pictures above of Carrington pulling Paige's jersey and shorts show the type of little things they got away with. Also, they got away with VERY physical play. Paige having a player land on top of her? Christyn getting hit on her whole arm on a drive? The charge on Aubrey when the Baylor player was IN the arc? I can go on and on, but the point is this: Baylor benefitted from the physical play and no-calls the whole game. They are the most physical team in the country and constantly get away with it. Yet they want to complain when something does not go their way and does not get called at the end? Give me a break, get over yourselves and move on. Mulkey was very rude to the reporter in the postgame who asked her thoughts about the play...which does not shock me. Sour Grapes much like Muffet always was in losses. Anywho, UConn made a great comeback and deserves the win. That is what I will remember from the game. Go Huskies! <3 <3 <3

Reaction Score
Wow what a game. Who cares about the last no call? You should win the game before that and not have to base the outcome on a ref’s call on the last play. And who knows she could have missed a free throw? And okay she makes both? They have to still win OT. Too many what ifs for me.
I’m just so impressed with the way this team wills themselves to win. Let’s go UCONN!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
All great points about the physical game it was and also pics of fouls by Baylor with no calls. However, for an E8 game, the player driving into the middle of our defense and directly against our 2 bigs should not get a call unless you hear an echo of skin getting smacked. At game speed when it happened I thought it was clean because I saw AE's palm completely on the ball. Not saying it was not a foul but at end of a game you never want to leave it in the hands of a ref either....

Reaction Score
I am surprised you'll did not pressure her more. Her handle looked kind of shaky.
I can't believe it either. With someone in her face she can't see past the defender, too busy just trying to keep the ball.

Reaction Score
I'm embarrassed by all the people who only looked at that one play as though the first 39:30 minutes + didn't count. Lebron, Swin, Carrington, Kim, and many others. Caroline Peck, in the post game ESPN show, said how there was a call when Paige got knocked to the floor that wasn't called. Good for you, Caroline. I was wrong about you. She said it was a physical game and the players knew it.

Reaction Score
I'm embarrassed by all the people who only looked at that one play as though the first 39:30 minutes + didn't count. Lebron, Swin, Carrington, Kim, and many others. Caroline Peck, in the post game ESPN show, said how there was a call when Paige got knocked to the floor that wasn't called. Good for you, Caroline. I was wrong about you. She said it was a physical game and the players knew it.
Expected better from Swin.

Reaction Score
By the end of the game the refs had not only swallowed their whistles, they had digested them. But putting aside the many missed calls on Baylor fouls, possibly the worst call of the game was the charge (on Griffin, I think) where the defender was standing in the restricted area. That is never a charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom