Baylor Postgame Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Baylor Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Actually like what Carolyn Peck said: “it was a foul, but the game was physical and they were letting it go, but it was a foul”.

Reaction Score
Does UConn win if Didi doesn't pull up lame? I guess we will never know. Lol
Probably, but you are right. It’s academic at this point,,kind of like the relevance of conference strength to advancing in the big dance.

Reaction Score
I thought the game was really physical by Baylor. Carrington was bullying and swinging hard. Overall we took their punches and kept playing. Proud of the team for finding a way, especially a young team that has to dig out of a pretty big hole.

Note: Paige has to get the ball in late game situation free throws. Cannot let anyone else get the ball. On to FF.
Absolutely. Not jumping on Evina, when she palmed the ball, but why is she bringing up the ball? Page in that spot. And...., perhaps her number was called but she couldn't get free, but again, Page gets the ball when you know Baylor has to foul at the end. Page should be on that foul line. I'd like to ask Geno about that.

Reaction Score
Queasy feeling until .08 left. The game was so good that my wife watched the whole thing. Not to be overly confident but I think we have a good path to the finals.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Baylor did the best with what they had. It was a GREAT team but not quite as polished as previous teams. That said they were playing their best ball at the end of the year and thats a credit to their coaching.

Baylor with Smith, Egbo, Carr, Kamaria McDaniel will be scary group next year.
I thought they were the best team last year.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
If your chance to win rests on getting a foul called in your favor in the last second, that's on you Baylor. You had the lead until a 19 - 0 UConn run.

As to ESPN and Antonelli, who cares. Anotnelli is an ACC homer. ESPN sees themselves as the king maker and UConn does not fit into their plans.

And who cares what LaBron says.

Reaction Score
Hate that this has become all about refs missing calls on both sides instead of appreciating the tremendous games by both teams.

Baylor blew multiple opportunities to pull it off while UCONN made a play or two more when it mattered. This game wasn't won or lost on the last play to me.

This really was a final 4/national title caliber game.

Reaction Score
Im sick of how many times UConn bodies were on the floor and no fouls.. This pic is not a foul based on how the game was called. The over the back calls werent called, the flagrant call on Paiges layup when Carrington almost took her head off and fans think that is is a foul with less then a second left???????????. Please give me a break. The only reason why Baylor was in the game was UConn got some home Texas cookin just like TAM got. In the first qtr UConn got killed and Liv was in foul trouble allowing Baylor to go to the line and stay in the game. If Liv and Edwards arent in foul trouble we win by alot. Baylor was in the game only because they lived at the foul line in the first half. In this pic they werent off their feet and arms leaning a little bit, no slapping or hacking. Next Didi was out and that wouldve made a difference.. Well Liv and Edwards were out a long time too but nobody is talking about that. Call it either way I guess but considering how the game was called Baylor didnt deserve it. UConn went on a 19-0 run and earned this win and thank goodness the refs didnt take it away from them. If Baylor played this physical at Stanford they wouldve all fouled out. JMO folks. Im not happy on how the game was called. It was call that way and we have to accept it and so does everybody else.
This post sums it all up. No more need to be said. ? ? ?

Reaction Score
It also showed how much UConn misses Nika!
I want Nika in the game very much, but the 5 today seems to the team. Do you run Nika in & out, when Ono/AE have too many fouls? There are games....say Stanford, where we need 2 bigs - but if they can be lured into fouling.... Aubrey's defense against Smith was wonderful. UConns courage, toughness, & grit is most wonderful - & Geno's coaching in the tightest & toughest of games is incredible.

Reaction Score
Somehow the widespread focus on Richards' injury overlooks the fact that Nika missed all 40 minutes due to an injury.
I'll be neutral with this one. Didi is the heart and soul of Baylor's defense. And was their best point guard. Nika, as you can see, was not exactly needed to beat them. I'm not saying she's bad or anything. But UConn can win the natty without her. Baylor success this year falls on Didi contribution. Unfortunate injury for both players

Reaction Score
uh oh. Baylor players are on twitter now. I have a feeling we are never gonna hear the end of this one. UConn getting a lot of bad press here.
Really unfortunate, since it's certain to come back and make them look bad Anyone can watch the replay and evaluate the officiating for themselves. And, bottom line, not a single player, coach or fan on either team can blow a whistle. The quality of officiating in the women's tournament is on the NCAA, no one else.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I want Nika in the game very much, but the 5 today seems to the team. Do you run Nika in & out, when Ono/AE have too many fouls? There are games....say Stanford, where we need 2 bigs - but if they can be lured into fouling.... Aubrey's defense against Smith was wonderful. UConns courage, toughness, & grit is most wonderful - & Geno's coaching in the tightest & toughest of games is incredible.
She could have given a break to a guard. Plus she is a superior on ball defender.

Reaction Score
Someone was tracking schools who were still in both tournaments. I think Baylor was the last one this year.

Connecticut's win put them at a 47% chance to win the national championship, on fivethirtyeight.com.

Reaction Score
First of all, Lobo should not call Uconn games, she goes out her way to be "Neutral", which means she goes against Uconn in her calls.
Two, they don't replay one play where we get creamed. Paige gets tackled at half court and they don't replay or comment on that.
Lastly, the "Non-call" and Richards dominate the description of the game, and our young ladies get ZERO CREDIT for grit and determination to come back and win the darn thing.

Reaction Score
No Dee Kantner...if she was officiating today's game we would be going home today. The officiating was horrible, yes, but both teams got bad calls. This was not a good game for us oldies, reaching for booze and tranquilizers and heart rates being elevated. So happy for our team....I think Baylor is a great team......but .... happens....that's basketball. Another week for us BY'ers to throw the hash back and forth. Hooray!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom