Baylor Postgame Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Baylor Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Biggest cry baby in the nba and he got the benefit of a no call with the heat fouls on him that helped them win a ship .. as big and strong as he is he sure gets blown over by the wind easily

Biggest flopped on the nba

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The only reason the Non Call is becoming a Media and Social Media Story is because UConn got the advantage of the Non Call. Any other team, there's probably not as huge of a story that its apparently becoming.

Reaction Score
I can only imagine how this board would’ve been had we lost so because of that I’m happy that we won. And please let’s not dismiss whoever our final four opponent will be because I’m sure they will put up a good fight too.

Reaction Score
Someone should put together a video montage of all the blatant Baylor fouls the refs ignored.

Not only that, do slow motion and still shots throughout to show the foul out of context. (-:

Reaction Score
Baylor had Richards for 75% of the game. We had Nika for 0%. They need to stop whining. Injuries happen.
That’s off the charts. it’s like a Mets fan saying the Yankees didn’t have Mickey Mantle but we didn’t have Marv Thronebury

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Tough last 5 minutes. Was watching with my grandson. With 3:30 left I said if UConn gets to 72 they win easily. We stopped scoring and it was hold your breath time. Survive and advance.
The reason we stopped scoring was because the refs didn't call fouls on Baylor on all three missed lay-ups that UConn had, the refs seemed to be swallowing their whistle.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Baylor seems to have rough luck with major injuries in the NCAAT or right before it over the years. Someone always seems to go down with an injury.
Don't talk on a Uconn board about tough injuries before the tournament! We know all about them, as does TN with Ace. One of assistants was the the mascot for the ACL clinic!

Reaction Score
The Refs don’t tell coaches how they plan to call a game. They tell the coaches and players after the game starts by either blowing or swallowing their whistles. That lets the players know what they can or cannot get away with. They let Baylor hack away all game. The no call at the end was consistent with how they called the game.

Reaction Score
The reason we stopped scoring was because the refs didn't call fouls on Baylor on all three missed lay-ups that UConn had, the refs seemed to be swallowing their whistle.
I also think after being beat up all game and the energy it took to do that 19-0 run, they were just gassed at the end. The mental mistake was putting Williams at the line. UConn needed to maneuver where Paige or Evina were at the line. Chrystin has never been a clutch free throw shooter.

Reaction Score
I felt the same way during the game and posted as such in the chat room
To me it was not the coach, uconn only had 9 assists, it’s probably not the plan. I would say it was all in the ref’s hands, not much any coach can do...

Reaction Score
I also think after being beat up all game and the energy it took to do that 19-0 run, they were just gassed at the end. The mental mistake was putting Williams at the line. UConn needed to maneuver where Paige or Evina were at the line. Chrystin has never been a clutch free throw shooter.
So coach either didn’t do a good job or the players didn’t listen :)

Reaction Score
Nika was a starter. Really wish people would stop marginalizing her contributions to this team.
I’m not marginalizing her contributions. But, comparing her absence to the player that Baylor lost is nuts. Nika is a solid player who deserved to start while Edwards was moving to a higher level of play. Now Edwards has become an extremely valuable piece of the puzzle. Especially tonight where UCONN needed big bodies. IMO Nika is 1st or 2nd off the bench now. And with the recruits coming in, she will have to play hard and well to keep that status. This doesn’t make her a bad player.

Reaction Score
Of course he does. Biggest crybaby in the NBA. Next year he'll demand to have his own whistle.
Just watched the end of the game a dozen times - It reminds me of a car at high speed driven into a redwood grove, then complaining when your windshield is broken. Carrington drove hard into 2 UConn players in a suicide drive, & ran into elbows & bodies in place. For a team that likes to play rough, to cry foul in this situation is a little much.

Reaction Score
Wondering if any of Baylor’s seniors will return next year. They are a tough team. I would have to imagine quite a few of them are ready to go into the draft.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I got Covid shot two yesterday afternoon and last night and today have the full menu of side effects. I was recording the game hoping by 7 I'd feel better - not to be. I was dozing until 8:30. I decided that there was no way I'd avoiding hearing the score so I went ahead and checked. I figured if we lost I could put off watching the game and if we won see it tomorrow without the stress.

After reading the posts I surely missed a great game. Looking at the box score I see we had nine total assists, with none by Paige or CW. Very strange.
Because of the missed bunnies in the beginning of the game.

Reaction Score
Thought that the officiating was very consistent Allowed a very physical game that certainly favored Baylor
Given the way the game was called no way the

Is that a foul
Other random observations
Ms griffin had a fabulous game. No indecision great d on the two charges

EW looked fatigued at the end believe she
Played the whole 40. Would sure help to have NM back even if not 100 percent

CW and AE improvement over the the
2nd half of the season is amazing
Props to them and the coaches

would be hard pressed to think of
A stronger more physical team than Baylor
That I’ve seen over the past 25 years