Baylor Postgame Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Baylor Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In that one play.

if they hadn’t of swallowed their whistles on the three drives in the fourth where Paige missed a layup and was clearly fouled..or when Williams went to the basket with no foul..maybe it’s an 8 point game instead of a 2...

that’s why you can’t look at the game in pieces. They swallowed their whistles the whole game, why should it change on that one play?
Good point. They are supposed to enforce the rules, not decide to relax them.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If you noticed Geno was yelling at Paige after the play. Paige was suppose to set a screen then peel off and take the in bounds. She failed and Geno was really hot.
The freshmen are learning and making mistakes now they won’t make going forward.

Reaction Score
Hey, everyone, relax. This is a bunch of college teenagers playing a game. It’s not war, and it’s not life. They’re doing an exceptional job at what they do. Were they my daughters, I’d be overjoyed at their success.

Reaction Score
Like Kim Mulkey said write it up as you see it.

Attachments

• 20210329_210619.jpg
    20210329_210619.jpg
    826.5 KB · Views: 368
Reaction Score
It was technically a foul, but not in that game.

Paige dealt with more contact every time she drove to the basket.

Williams dealt with more contact the okay before that was a no call.

if it isn’t a foul on one end, it’s not on the other.

A let them play style suited Baylor far more than UConn..they can’t then whine about the refs letting them play.
Great comment! You should be a commentator! They weren't calling those fouls all game so shouldn't call it in the last second either.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
ExsLycjWYAcoCOX

I mean it was a foul but they didn't call fouls on both teams all game.
Im sick of how many times UConn bodies were on the floor and no fouls.. This pic is not a foul based on how the game was called. The over the back calls werent called, the flagrant call on Paiges layup when Carrington almost took her head off and fans think that is is a foul with less then a second left???????????. Please give me a break. The only reason why Baylor was in the game was UConn got some home Texas cookin just like TAM got. In the first qtr UConn got killed and Liv was in foul trouble allowing Baylor to go to the line and stay in the game. If Liv and Edwards arent in foul trouble we win by alot. Baylor was in the game only because they lived at the foul line in the first half. In this pic they werent off their feet and arms leaning a little bit, no slapping or hacking. Next Didi was out and that wouldve made a difference.. Well Liv and Edwards were out a long time too but nobody is talking about that. Call it either way I guess but considering how the game was called Baylor didnt deserve it. UConn went on a 19-0 run and earned this win and thank goodness the refs didnt take it away from them. If Baylor played this physical at Stanford they wouldve all fouled out. JMO folks. Im not happy on how the game was called. It was call that way and we have to accept it and so does everybody else.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
While it was unfortunate that DiDi was hurt during the 2nd half, let's not forget that UCONN was missing their point guard for the whole game. Muhl would have made a difference defensively & might have hit a couple of timely threes!
DiDi when pressed is turnover prone, Nika would have helped there. She would have that extra body to spell A guard

Reaction Score
Hey, everyone, relax. This is a bunch of college teenagers playing a game. It’s not war, and it’s not life. They’re doing an exceptional job at what they do. Were they my daughters, I’d be overjoyed at their success.
I honestly hope the players don't go to social media. Hate to see that. I'm sure there is a lot of emotions going one right now and everyone is heated.

Reaction Score
We just needed the extra body off the bench. Aubrey did some good things, but she also did some things that showed inexperience. I think Nika even as a freshman is a steadying force.
Yes, but more importantly she is a great on ball defender of the opposing point guard. She would have stretched their offense by slowing down Didi instead of it being packed in. Big difference between an 8 foot pass and a 15 foot one.

Reaction Score
.....and Aaliyah on the bench most of the first half.
I just wanted to point out that we had some things working against us too. Everyone acting like UConn was just handed this game. Yeah we'll never know how it would have turned out if Richards doesn't get hurt. Or if the refs call a foul at the end of the game. Or if our starting point guard that is at least partly responsible for how good the team played down the stretch was available. Or if the refs called a bunch more fouls on Baylor as they could have. People are just looking to put an asterisk on this win because UConn is the evil empire of WCBB.

Reaction Score
Lets give a shoutout to Aubry, some great Defensive stops

I thought for long stretches Carrington was the hungriest player on the court
who wanted the game more than anyone else..
.but Aubrey neutralized some of her aggressiveness, just enough

And Aaliya when she was back in...important plays and boards on both sides of the court.

And yes, Christyn missed foul shots at he end...but throughout, she was fearless
scoring amongst the threes.
A quiet 21 points...all needed.
That's one of the dumbest things anyone can ever say about a BB game. How did you gauge that? You knew what was in the other 9 kids' minds? Try telling them that.
And Williams was fearless but didn't want the game as much as Carrington? That's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom