Banghart vs Lawson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Banghart vs Lawson

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So, being one of attendance aficionados, I did a little digging and I have some data on attendance:
NC State averaged 4,652 in 17 games at Reynolds Coliseum
NC averaged 2,136 in 14 games
Duke averaged 3,018 in 15 games
Wake Forest averaged 913 in 14 games at Reynolds Gymnasium
The 2020 ACC Tournament averaged 5,442 over 9 sessioms

UConn averaged 9,105 in 12 games

Banghart needs to find a way to put more butts in the seats... they always lag behind their neighbors when it comes to that.

I have said in the past that Wake Forest should play in Reynolds Gym.... a 1,500 seat gym in the heart of Campus. They play in the Joel Coliseum which seats 14,665..... imagine 900 people in this building. I love going to games there... but I feel a bit bad for the Wake players

image_handler.aspx

Reaction Score
gotta say of all the new hires that involved some of these power 5's, Unc mighta hit a home run with Banghart. The job she did at Princeton was phenomenal and now she is recruiting amazingly at Unc. No doubt they are going to be a force in the Acc for years to come.

Reaction Score
Banghart needs to find a way to put more butts in the seats... they always lag behind their neighbors when it comes to that.

I have said in the past that Wake Forest should play in Reynolds Gym.... a 1,500 seat gym in the heart of Campus. They play in the Joel Coliseum which seats 14,665..... imagine 900 people in this building. I love going to games there... but I feel a bit bad for the Wake players

image_handler.aspx
It was definitely on and popping Sunday, in front of a near sell out. They trashed Duke!

Triad, it's not like Cameron has a hefty crowd either, don't even try it. Perhaps Kara should find a way to put more butts in the seat. Maybe if she put a better product on the Court they would come.

Now back your neighbor in Chapel Hill. According to IC, they perhaps could land Ciera Toomey. I think we could all agree that all UNC is truly missing is another Post. Then maybe, just maybe, that would put more butts in the seat?

Sweep around your front door first, as far as attendance goes, you CAN'T talk!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
It was definitely on and popping Sunday, in front of a near sell out. They trashed Duke!

Sweep around your front door first, as far as attendance goes, you CAN'T talk!
I have highlighted 2 main comments you made that frankly point out maybe you shouldn’t talk!

#1 that crowd was 5,230 in a 6,822 seat arena or 77% filled. Not hardly a near sell out. Add in the fact it was BY FAR their largest home crowd this year, something tells me fans aren’t exactly flocking to this program. Next largest crowd was NC Stste with 4,136 then mighty Miami at 2,759.

#2 Duke has always led NC in attendance and by quite a lot over the years. Not counting last year’s Covid restricting year, on average over the past 5 years, Duke out drew NC by 1,197 fans per game over over 78 total games.

Those in glass houses might not want to throw stones especially at one out favorite posters!:cool:

Reaction Score
I have highlighted 2 main comments you made that frankly point out maybe you shouldn’t talk!

#1 that crowd was 5,230 in a 6,822 seat arena or 77% filled. Not hardly a near sell out. Add in the fact it was BY FAR their largest home crowd this year, something tells me fans aren’t exactly flocking to this program. Next largest crowd was NC Stste with 4,136 then mighty Miami at 2,759.

#2 Duke has always led NC in attendance and by quite a lot over the years. Not counting last year’s Covid restricting year, on average over the past 5 years, Duke out drew NC by 1,197 fans per game over over 78 total games.

Those in glass houses might not want to throw stones especially at one out favorite posters!:cool:
The bottom line is they TRASHED DUKE, low attendance and all!!!!! Duke is TRASH!

Reaction Score
Hold on, how exactly is Duke trash with respect to this rivalry? It seems even to me.

As of Sunday it's 52 for UNC, 51 for Duke overall. Until Sunday UNC hadn't swept Duke for years, and out of the last 15 games, Duke won 12 of them.

Reaction Score
Hold on, how exactly is Duke trash with respect to this rivalry? It seems even to me.

As of Sunday it's 52 for UNC, 51 for Duke overall. Until Sunday UNC hadn't swept Duke for years, and out of the last 15 games, Duke won 12 of them.
That’s easy NC has been total trash until last year and they were mediocre last year. They obviously chose the better Coach so far though.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why don’t I ever hear men talk about males “running their mouths”?
Because you don’t read the men’s board enough? It happens.

For what it’s worth it I got the chance to meet her, watch her coach and talk with her a few times when she was at Princeton. She was 100% that class act and is personable and engaging in person.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
That’s easy NC has been total trash until last year and they were mediocre last year. They obviously chose the better Coach so far though.

That's the key for me. Banghart has the advantage of previous coaching experience and developing a program. It's too soon to say whether Lawson is a bust considering it's year 2 (technically).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Im not gonna look it up, but I'm willing to bet that Duke has led them in attendance for at least 20 years. I'd be willing to bet we outdraw them next season. Its gotta be bad that a struggling squad outdraws a top 20 squad by almost 1,000 per game. Not to mention that Duke has by far the most stringent covid attendance requirements in the Triangle, and perhaps the entire nation.

Reaction Score
Watch Lawson postgame. She’ll start out with the “I’m not going to make any excuses” and then go right into her diatribe making sure we all know Duke has not been at full strength for fourteen years and she doesn’t know if it’s a pipe dream of it ever being that way again. Important to remind the masses you were not part of the meltdown Coach!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This thread is developing some Big Troll Energy, which I guess is what should be expected when the title artificially pits two women against each other for no especially good reason.
Doesn't help that these coaches are also from rival programs. I think it further inflames the tone of some of the responses.

It's impossible to compare these two programs at this point if you ask me. Both are rebuilding, with UNC having a slight head start. Who knows where both programs will be in a few years. Like @triaddukefan said, let's check back in 2025.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Doesn't help that these coaches are also from rival programs. I think it further inflames the tone of some of the responses.

It's impossible to compare these two programs at this point if you ask me. Both are rebuilding, with UNC having a slight head start. Who knows where both programs will be in a few years. Like @triaddukefan said, let's check back in 2025.

Or 2026

Reaction Score
Or 2026
I'm trying to help you here!:D

Lauren Lake Cmon Man GIF by Lauren Lake's Paternity Court's Paternity Court
I t

Very well stated. Though I can’t claim an allegiance to either program so I can’t use that as an excuse for my antagonist behavior which will stop immediately

Reaction Score
I t

Very well stated. Though I can’t claim an allegiance to either program so I can’t use that as an excuse for my antagonist behavior which will stop immediately
Thanks. Much appreciated.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I t

You betcha

Reaction Score
UNC has recruited fairly well and was without their best recruit this year, I think.

They probably are on schedule for a breakout next year of it's gonna happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom