Banghart vs Lawson | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Banghart vs Lawson

Reaction Score
UNC has recruited fairly well and was without their best recruit this year, I think.

They probably are on schedule for a breakout next year of it's gonna happen.
As long as NC gets some bigs.

Reaction Score
UNC has recruited fairly well and was without their best recruit this year, I think.

They probably are on schedule for a breakout next year of it's gonna happen.
Yup - Was keen on seeing Key play as she's a much different style of player than her sister. I hope her recovery is going well.

Reaction Score
- She's from Manchester, NH and went to Dartmouth. My brother went undergrad to that school, as well, and whenever I visited the state, I remember straight-forward answers on any topic. Courtney says what she feels/wants.

- Yup, she had the inner track to Ms. Miles, but once she went to UNC, that opened the door for Coach Ivey.

- Right now, I think it's a slightly uneven playing field: Banghart has HC experience from one D1 school and now has the resources from an ACC program to take the next step. She's made solid steps and wiht the younger Key coming back, should be even stronger next year.

- While Coach Lawson brought in a bunch of individually talented transfers, mixing all those pieces into a cohesive playing unit is the trick. Given the injuries and illnesses, the challenge has been formidable. Still, she's smart, talented, has a good staff. Stay tuned.
Just a slight correction. She's actually from Amherst, NH and went to Souhegan High School. Just differentiating because I know Piath is from Manchester. My best friends were on the girls basketball team and I was the team manager, so I got to watch us get demolished by her team. LOL She actually had another really solid player playing alongside her too that was more of a post - they were a tough combo.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Just a slight correction. She's actually from Amherst, NH and went to Souhegan High School. Just differentiating because I know Piath is from Manchester. My best friends were on the girls basketball team and I was the team manager, so I got to watch us get demolished by her team. LOL She actually had another really solid player playing alongside her too that was more of a post - they were a tough combo.
Thanks for the adjusting. I'll remember that. She stayed local for a bit before heading to NJ and, now, NC. Has done very well for all concerned.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the adjusting. I'll remember that. She stayed local for a bit before heading to NJ and, now, NC. Has done very well for all concerned.
She definitely has. Folks who follow women's basketball in the state know her very well. She's probably the most accomplished player to come out of NH honestly.

Becky Bonner who played for Concord High went to Stanford but she didn't end up playing much. We played against her in a Christmas tournament every year - she wasn't very nice back then, so I can't say I was rooting for her.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
She definitely has. Folks who follow women's basketball in the state know her very well. She's probably the most accomplished player to come out of NH honestly.

Becky Bonner who played for Concord High went to Stanford but she didn't end up playing much. We played against her in a Christmas tournament every year - she wasn't very nice back then, so I can't say I was rooting for her.
Hah! When I visited my brother who attended Dartmouth, I got to know some kids from Concord, a few of whom played hoops. I played more than a few pick-up games in the then Concord High gym. Good people and fun.

Reaction Score

I guess you're not old enough to remember Kerry Bascom from Epping NH. Banghart isn't a close comparison.

Reaction Score
I guess you're not old enough to remember Kerry Bascom from Epping NH. Banghart isn't a close comparison.
Well, she played before my time by a little bit. I don't know why I always forget she was from NH. I still would go with Banghart because of everything else she's done but purely as a player, you're probably right.

Reaction Score

Taylor Soule

Reaction Score
Taylor Soule
I had to look this up. I'm glad you said this because it made me realize that I pretty much have zero knowledge of the prep school scene. I saw where she was from first and thought "how would I not have known her or even seen her?" and then my question was answered. Sigh...too much information, too little head space.
lsd wtf GIF

Reaction Score
Press play and then see post #3

You see this @LETTERL

Not use to hearing a HC publicly calling another programs fans 'Classless'. If I recall Banghart has made multiple backhanded comments towards NCST even before this.

I guess I am adding this to my bucket list of games this year. NC St and UNC, and Oregon/Arizona (will be watching for birds being thrown).

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Definitely a case of being too candid. Did she think nobody was going to see/hear this?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Definitely a case of being too candid. Did she think nobody was going to see/hear this?
I’ve met her a few times and she is a very genuine and nice person. That was definitely an unforced error. It was the perfect time to drop into Coach speak. “ oh, we don’t hate anyone. We just know that when we play Duke or North Carolina it’s going to be an exciting game for the fans.“

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Press play and then see post #3

You see this @LETTERL

I logged on here for the first time since the end of the season to post this. What a -- I don't even have words for it.

Confirms my suspicion though: the woman was definitely dropped on her head when she was a baby.

And, of course, the great irony in all of this is that NC State players actually DO GO TO CLASS!

Reaction Score
I logged on here for the first time since the end of the season to post this. What a -- I don't even have words for it.

Confirms my suspicion though: the woman was definitely dropped on her head when she was a baby.

And, of course, the great irony in all of this is that NC State players actually DO GO TO CLASS!
I love this tbh. But I'm just a fan of wcbb. The matchups should be fun. I don't like that she apologized

Reaction Score
good for wbb if all 3 triangle North Carolina teams are doing well, have my doubts tho on Nc st not a fan of their hc. Obviously have more doubts on Kara as this season is a big season for her. Say what you want tho about Cortney, she has turned around that program and is recruiting like crazy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom