B12 and ACC on the clock! | Page 17 | The Boneyard

B12 and ACC on the clock!

Reaction Score
B1G i$ the be$t option, FB would be a permanent doormat along with Rutgers.

ACC is the better fit because FB could be competitive, hockey can stay in Hockey East. Remnants of a post GOR ACC would still be better than the current B12. In fact, a lot like the old BE minus the C7.

B12 would be a tossup based on the $$$ vs another trip to the wilderness for BB. Hockey stays in Hockey East and the other sports get better competition. MBB takes the biggest hit. Can you really remain in the national recruiting discussion playing Kansas, Baylor, Cincy and West Virginia? Money would need to be huge to give up what we have right now.

If there is no fear of basketball taking a hit in the B1G then why does that fear exist for the B12? The B12 has been the superior of the two basketball conferences and their commissioner seems hell bent on improving it even more which is why UCONN could be in play.

and yes the money in the B12 is HUGE.

Reaction Score
And lack of money may force the school to drop down to FCS.
The climate has changed with this latest round of realignment and changes in athletes status as amateurs with NIL money. UConn's success will not be sustainable in the long run without membership in a power conference.

Reaction Score
KenPom conference ranks since 2010:

B12: 1, 4, 2, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1 = 22 / 14 = 1.57
B1G: 4, 1, 1, 1, 2, 4, 5, 4, 5, 2, 1, 1, 3, 2 = 36 / 14 = 2.57
BEast 3, 2, 3, 2, 5, 2, 3, 3, 3, 5, 3, 6, 4, 3 = 47 / 14 = 3.36
ACC: 2, 3, 5, 6, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 7 = 52 / 14 = 3.71
SEC: 5, 7, 4, 7, 6, 5, 6, 5, 4, 4, 6, 4, 2, 4 = 69 / 14 = 4.93
PAC: 6, 5, 6, 5, 4, 6, 4, 6, 6, 7, 5, 3, 6, 5 = 74 / 14 = 5.29

Reaction Score

ACC is the better fit because FB could be competitive, hockey can stay in Hockey East. Remnants of a post GOR ACC would still be better than the current B12. In fact, a lot like the old BE minus the C7.

B12 would be a tossup based on the $$$ vs another trip to the wilderness for BB. Hockey stays in Hockey East and the other sports get better competition. MBB takes the biggest hit. Can you really remain in the national recruiting discussion playing Kansas, Baylor, Cincy and West Virginia? Money would need to be huge to give up what we have right now.
Relax. Rule 1 is in play

Reaction Score

We will never sink as low as Rutgers. Again, while the last 10-12 years has been miserable we 1. Beat South Carolina in a bowl game. 2. Beat ND at Home, 3. Played in the Fiesta Bowl? Has Rutgers ever done any of these? (Note: I hope not, as I was too lazy to look)

There is absolutely no reason why UConn FB, especially with Mora, cannot equal the previous success prior to the previous bad hires.

Reaction Score
The loss to Army was very discouraging. I think we need to go 9-3 this season to get some attention. Of course, if that happens Mora will probably move on.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
MBB takes a big hit going from a regional conference to the #1 conference? I don't understand this logic at all.
If there is no fear of basketball taking a hit in the B1G then why does that fear exist for the B12? The B12 has been the superior of the two basketball conferences and their commissioner seems hell bent on improving it even more which is why UCONN could be in play.

and yes the money in the B12 is HUGE.
The B12 is not the #1 conference. MBB will be fine in either the ACC or B1G. It would definitely suffer in the B12 which is AAC+ without the UT/OU/TAM.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We will never sink as low as Rutgers. Again, while the last 10-12 years has been miserable we 1. Beat South Carolina in a bowl game. 2. Beat ND at Home, 3. Played in the Fiesta Bowl? Has Rutgers ever done any of these? (Note: I hope not, as I was too lazy to look)

There is absolutely no reason why UConn FB, especially with Mora, cannot equal the previous success prior to the previous bad hires.

That was in the age of dinosaurs when people still worried about being on ESPN. Without a huge upgrade we win 2-3 games a year in the B1G hoping to sweep OOC cupcakes to make a bowl game. Which puts us on RU level. Of course, the B1G sends nearly all their teams to bowl games, good ones.

Reaction Score
The B12 is not the #1 conference. MBB will be fine in either the ACC or B1G. It would definitely suffer in the B12 which is AAC+ without the UT/OU/TAM.
Uh what? Do you know basketball at all? None of those teams are factors in hoops.

Kansas/Baylor have won NC in the last 3 years.
Texas Tech and Houston both have final fours in the past few years.

Kansas State made a deep run this year. Cincinnati made like 20 straight tourneys just a few years back and are on their way back after a bad hire. WVU still has Huggins.

Reaction Score
The only basketball team I would enjoy uconn to play is Kansas… the only football teams I would enjoy watching uconn play is Cincinnati and West Virginia.. the rest i could care less about in the big 12

Here are the B12 football teams I would very much enjoy seeing UCONN play:

West Virginia, Cincy, UCF, TCU, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, BYU, OK State, Houston, Baylor. Texas Tech.

and all of these schools take their basketball seriously, sans maybe UCF. Basketball rivalries will develop in short time just like they did with Creighton, Xavier and Marquette.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here are the B12 football teams I would very much enjoy seeing UCONN play:

West Virginia, Cincy, UCF, TCU, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, BYU, OK State, Houston, Baylor. Texas Tech.

and all of these schools take their basketball seriously, sans maybe UCF. Basketball rivalries will develop in short time just like they did with Creighton, Xavier and Marquette.

UCF is a nice travel destination in fall/winter. I’ve flown down to watch UConn play there.

Reaction Score
The only basketball team I would enjoy uconn to play is Kansas… the only football teams I would enjoy watching uconn play is Cincinnati and West Virginia.. the rest i could care less about in the big 12

The teams in the Big East in 2000 and are members today are, UConn, St Johns, Nova, Seton Hall, Providence, and Georgetown. These are the local rivalries.

However, I would be thrilled with a b12 schedule which should provide plenty of opportunities for national tv games. Should we switch conferences I would like to see us keep as many of the 5 local rivalries annually on the schedule. This would only help our SOS., which should be one of the best in the country. If we go P3 and DH stays we will be a powerhouse for many years.

Reaction Score
No, that's total payout, including CFB and NCAA credits.

According to the article in today’s New Haven Register by Christine Butterfield, the payout in 2025 will increase to $50M, PLUS CFP. No mention of Credits Not sure what the real number is at this point, but I know it has any extra digit to the left, versus what we get now.

I saw the $50M number in a tweet, but that was in 2028 I believe. I thought the 2025 number was $42M. Regardless, we cannot walk away from this much money if given an opportunity to join. Anyone of our current conference mates would absolutely leave in a heartbeat.

From the article:
The revenue per school could reportedly increase to nearly $50 million starting in 2025-26, which could grow even bigger depending on money delivered from the 12-team College Football Playoff.

Reaction Score

What part don’t you understand? Big 10 is not an option ,they don’t want you! ACC is not an option ,they don’t want you either . I’m not sure the Big 12 wants you either ,so if they ask you better jump to it!

Reaction Score
Wow. I go away for the long weekend and come back to this? Wake me up when something of significance actually happens. The speculation and all the brilliant ideas are hurting my head.

Reaction Score
wish you had some faith in the power of the UConn Men's basketball program

Reaction Score
The Big 12 is the only conference that has been paying more than lip service to the idea of basketball being a key component of future media deals for their conference. UConn's Basketball success along with increased coverage on the East Coast are the two things that could potentially get them an invitation. Your admins need to be all over that selling what the school excels at.

Reaction Score
What part don’t you understand? Big 10 is not an option ,they don’t want you! ACC is not an option ,they don’t want you either . I’m not sure the Big 12 wants you either ,so if they ask you better jump to it!
LOL scream dude! Guess they don’t like having championship and top 20 teams in a major market.
Go back to your lurking hole.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Read the sentence above above the gratitude sentence, then figure it out.
Are you claiming that because a politician spins a massive (largest in the country) subsidy of the athletic department as being inconsequential we owe him a debt of gratitude?

That economic logic sounds very similar to when Isiah Thomas bankrupted the CBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom