August WNBA thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

August WNBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Too many players who are wings. Laney is back, she logged 27 minutes. Allen and Jonannes played 18 and 24 off the bench. Whitcomb only got 2 minutes. Onyenwere 7 minutes. Who are you going to sit? Willoughby was also a DNP.
So, let's say Stewie does decide to come east and play for the Liberty. Then, you've got a double power-forward situation on the Liberty, as well.

As for the wings, you'd think the plethora of them could be used as capital for trade at another position and/or moving up in the draft.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Allen leading Minnesota with 17 points and 5 triples. Coming into today she was 2-7 from deep on the season.

have always liked Allen alot Great decision maker and mid range but the 3pt outburst is remarkable. Now up to 6-7 from 3 and 24 pts Still, she is the only one playing well and the Sun collectively are burying the Lynx.

I think Allen's decision making is her strongest quality. She's worked on her scoring, particularly her three-pt. shooting a lot while she's been in the Aussie League. Hopefully, her performance as MoJeff's back-up this year bodes well for a shot at the Lynx next year. Or with another team.

Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart, when it is all said and done, will go down as one of the GOATs of the game.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So, let's say Stewie does decide to come east and play for the Liberty. Then, you've got a double power-forward situation on the Liberty, as well.
Stewie + Howard brought 2 Championships to Seattle. I think those 2 can function together just fine.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Chelsea Gray has that

20220814_165748.jpg

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Gray dominated the second half. New career high 33 pts to go along w/ 9 assists.

Loyd with a new career high 38.

Seattle was 18-40 from 3...and still lost by 9. Wow.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So...looks like FTs was the difference. Seattle 6-7 LV 20-24.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Jewell Loyd 38 in a loss. Rough end. Gray was amazing. Aces clinch overall 1 seed. Got to be the favorite. I like the way Stokes has been playing

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I like the way Stokes has been playing
9 points in each of the last 2 games. That's huge if she can provide some scoring. That's actually better than Hamby had been doing lately.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Plum and Wilson become the first teammates in WNBA history to score 700+ in the same season.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
9 points in each of the last 2 games. That's huge if she can provide some scoring. That's actually better than Hamby had been doing lately.
Is Hamby injured? DNP

Reaction Score
Stewie, Jewell and Gabby all played over 30 minutes in a game they didn’t need to win. These three will need to play the same amount of minutes for the rest of the postseason for the Storm to get competitive. Which is why I can’t understand why they made them play so much today.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Stewie, Jewell and Gabby all played over 30 minutes in a game they didn’t need to win. These three will need to play the same amount of minutes for the rest of the postseason for the Storm to get competitive. Which is why I can’t understand why they made them play so much today.
But Ezi is super well rested. :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Seattle's coach said she wanted her starters to stay in a rhythm. They don't play til Thursday, plenty of time to rest.

Reaction Score
Wilson probably locked up MVP. I understand why it was close all season but would raise my eyebrows at a voter who went for the best player on the 4th best team over the best player on the 1st (although if you were ever going to make that case, Stewart would be the one you’d make it for).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wilson probably locked up MVP. I understand why it was close all season but would raise my eyebrows at a voter who went for the best player on the 4th best team over the best player on the 1st (although if you were ever going to make that case, Stewart would be the one you’d make it for).
Agreed. The tipping point besides being on the best team is that she has really improved her 3pt shooting on par with Stewie (both around 38%) which I never thought would happen. That raises eyebrows.

Reaction Score
Well, 7 assists, 0 TO's tips the scales. Maya Caldwell was hot in 1st half and did not seem to play many minutes in 2nd half?
Like I predicted, NY had a little too much and Rhyne going off was the Dream's only hope -- she did have a good all-around game as you noted (had 6 more pts than anybody else in the game), throwing in 4 reb, 2 stls, & a block with a plus rating and the crucial no TOs (with the 24p/7a). Her shooting was in the mid 30s%, as it was for year, and I wonder if it will ever get to 45, given her shot selection.

I still think she should not have made the all-star game over C Gray, A Gray, & K Mitchell and I also think Austin will be a more valuable player during the course of their careers.

Caldwell passed up a couple shots that she normally takes in the 3rd and Wright wanted to go with Wheeler, McDonald, Howard, Paker, & Billings for the last 7+ minutes of the game. It still boggles my mind that she was not picked up for over a month (not even by the Dream after they lost AD).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
10,000+ for the Aces-Storm game. Fans have been showing up for Sue's farewell tour. A handful of NBA stars in the house. And Mark Davis missed the start of the Raiders game today to stick with this one thru the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom